Profile for C. Evans > Reviews

Content by C. Evans

C. Evans

Roberts Gemini 45 DAB FM RDS Digital Radio - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally very good, some small complaints, 12 May 2010
I've had this radio three days now and have had no problems so far. This is the only digital radio that I have had so I cannot compare it to others, but I'm very happy with it. A four small complaints (you can decide how relevant they are). It feels very 'plasticy', thats not to say it feels cheap but maybe it could be a bit more solid. There's a gap between the tuning buttons through which I can see the internal circuitry, this does seem a bit poor. The volume knob doesn't seem very responsive, by which I mean I have to turn it quite a way before the volume increases. However it is quite loud, you could eaily hear it fom another room. Finally, at higher volumes it does occasionally buzz or humm a bit. This may be the radio or perhaps just because I have it on a hard surface- this isn't a serious problem just an occasional niggle.

However, despite those minor complaints, I'm glad I bought it. It's easy to use and I have no reception troubles (in the Bristol area). It seems to me to be a perfectly decent radio.