Profile for TV Girl > Reviews

Content by TV Girl

TV Girl (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ethernet Cable, Rankie 5-Pack 1.5m RJ45 Cat 6 Ethernet Patch LAN Network Cable - (5-Color Combo) - R1300
Offered by Rankie-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cables, work well., 7 May 2017
Delivered quickly and I'm using 2 of them successfully. On reflection I wish that I had bought white cables with coloured connectors only, as the bright cables are somewhat gaudy in the living room setting.

Braun Silk-epil Women's Cordless Shaver
Braun Silk-epil Women's Cordless Shaver

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty after a year - stop-starts and won't start when shaving at an angle, 30 April 2017
Initially I was reasonably pleased with this, although it would be unrealistic to expect the shave to be as close as a wet shave. However at around one year old, the shaver became temperamental and would suddenly stop for no reason. For example I would tilt it and it would suddenly stop dead for no reason. This is very annoying in the middle of a shave. You have to fiddle with the on/off switch and shake it untiI it suddenly decides to restart - or not. I think that there is a fault with the electronics. I've read the negative reviews on Amazon and I see that I am not the only person whose shaver has this fault.

Brabantia Ironing Board C Steel Bubbles / Metallic Gray 45 x 124 cm
Brabantia Ironing Board C Steel Bubbles / Metallic Gray 45 x 124 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars No drips on floor., 19 April 2017
No water on floor so far, although I've only used it 3 times. The surface starts to get a bit damp after an hour, so it's time to stop ironing then.
The board is extra-wide, rather than just wide, so do check that you have space for it.

Sommer Halterung 4640V000
Sommer Halterung 4640V000
Offered by torcenterrheinmain

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical - not beautiful !, 8 April 2017
This holder is well designed and clearly is designed to be mounted in the car where it would blend well into dark grey or black dashboard trim. However when mounted on the wall in the house it looks very ugly, as does the remote itself. There isn't a more attractive mount available for this remote as far I can discover.

Woodside Grey Heavy Duty Outdoor Garden Furniture Cushion Storage Bag Case
Woodside Grey Heavy Duty Outdoor Garden Furniture Cushion Storage Bag Case
Offered by Outdoor Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag for cushions, 28 Mar. 2017
Very sturdy well-made bag

Frog Finger Splint | Foam Lined, Malleable Metallic Splint to Align and Stabilize the Fractured or Injured Distal Finger- Medium (2" - 3")

4.0 out of 5 stars Great help for trigger finger, 5 Oct. 2016
Very comfortable to wear and moulds to my finger. My trigger finger is greatly improved after 2 weeks of using this splint at night. Although my finger joint still gets stuck, it does not hurt any more when it suddenly frees itself. I would attribute this improvement to my wearing this splint at night. I am going to use it for a month at night and I hope that the finger will be cured. If not, then I will have to try a steroid injection.

NETGEAR R7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Gigabit 11AC Gaming Router (1.0 GHz Dual-Core Processor, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet) Open Source Available (Amazon Echo Enabled)

4.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid wifi everywhere in house., 15 April 2016
This replaced my second failing BT HomeHub 3 which I was having to reset daily. I couldn't face the BT call-centre experience again just to end up with yet another dud router.
This router is a bit more techy than the HH3 to set up if you have no experience of anything other than BT. But it is do-able and not as complex as many. My house is a large 5 bed with some brick internal walls and some plasterboard partitions. The signal from this router is rock solid everywhere whereas the HH3 dropped its connection regularly, and the sky connection was always failing. I just don't have these problems any more.
The speed everywhere is exactly the same as I got with the HH3 i.e. 55 Mbps
The only negatives I have found are very minor:
1. The 3 antennae are very wobbly and need to be propped up to point in the desired directions. I think that the screw threads are faulty but I can't face returning it as it it working so well.
2. The sky connection takes maybe 5 seconds to work when I want to download or to search for a title using the search box, whereas the BT router connected instantly on the odd occasion that it actually worked as it should.
3. At first I thought that the router didn't have a WPS button. It took me a few days to realise that there is one as it doesn't say WPS on it.

COLOR WOW Root Cover Up, Medium Brown 2.1 g
COLOR WOW Root Cover Up, Medium Brown 2.1 g

4.0 out of 5 stars A godsend for Chemotherapy cold-cappers, 15 April 2016
My hairdresser recommended this to me ages ago to touch up my grey roots and extend the time between colouring appointments. I didn't get into the habit of using it though. Until now.
Chemotherapy using the horrendous cold cap means that I kept most of my hair, but I hadn't taken into account the regrowth of roots afterwards with no colouring permitted for at least 3 months. So I now have 3 inches of grey & chemo-white roots which I can completely disguise with this powder. I need help to do it as I can't see to apply it on the crown or at the back of my head where the hair has thinned a little. But the transformation is amazing! No one would ever guess that I had been through all this trauma.
It does not come out or run in the rain, but it does shampoo out of my hair completely.
I sleep on a silk pillowcase to avoid strain on my delicate hair follicles and I must point out that some excess powder does come out on the pillowcase at night. It washes out very easily with no staining. However there is no powder in the bed, i.e. it stays where it falls.
This powder has really helped my morale over the last couple of months and I would recommend it to anyone who keeps their hair through chemo and then develops unwanted chemo-white or normal grey roots.

HP 363 Light Cyan Original Ink Cartridge (C8774EE)
HP 363 Light Cyan Original Ink Cartridge (C8774EE)
Offered by Cost-Dropper

2.0 out of 5 stars Expiry date in 7 months from now, 29 May 2015
Cartridge received has only 7 months left until expiry in December 2015.

Tweezerman 12X Magnifying Mirror w/ Suction Cups
Tweezerman 12X Magnifying Mirror w/ Suction Cups
Offered by BeautySupply

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tweezing mirror on the market IMHO., 26 April 2015
Excellent mirror for tweezing and applying eye make up. Arrived covered in finger marks which was a bit ew. The manufacturer's packaging does not cover the mirror itself.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4