Profile for Alejandro Javier > Reviews

Content by Alejandro Javier

Alejandro Javier (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)

The Complete Guide to Middle-Earth: From the Hobbit Through the Lord of the Rings and Beyond
by Robert Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate touch for a Tolkien Collectionist., 21 April 2002
If the Tolkien mania has already sunk in, then try this book to give it the last touch. This will help you remember events without having to read the books all over again. A must-have for a Tolkien Collectionist like me, and for a reasonable price. It is one of the few books concerning Middle-Earth not written by Tolkien that is actually worth reading. Even the most picky reader will admit that this one is worth the while.

Bilbo Le Hobbit
Bilbo Le Hobbit
by TOLKIEN
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! NOW IN FRENCH!, 31 Mar. 2002
I already wrote a review for this, but I wasn't nearley as thorough as I should have benn! This book is simply the best thing ever to happen for people who like adventure books! When I first read it I never imagined it was so intersting. Now the least I could do is recomend you to read on the story of Bilbo Baggins, a quiet hobbit who didn't like being roused or being involved in anything strange, but was taken on the adventure of a lifetime by Gandalf The Grey, a powerful wizard. This book demonstrates how a people should be open for change. If you like this adventure, then I am sure that you will enjory greatley reading The Lord Of The Rings. Even young children should go for this one! (I first read it when I was 11!)