Profile for 1benjy1 > Reviews

1benjy1

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 14 Jun. 2012
The measurments of this suitcase are wrong. I measured it as:

58x38x19cm much larger than advertised, the height is 7cms out, meaning this case is too large for Ryanair. And it is too large without measuring the wheels or handles, so i have no idea what they were measuring.

A good case otherwise!

Clear As Day
Clear As Day
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Clear As Day (Audio CD)
Scotty has a great voice and he's very enjoyable to listen to. The songs are good too. absolutely no idea what that other reviewer is babbling on about.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2011 10:15 PM BST

Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)
Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 1 April 2011
This novel was a delight to read, I was ready to give up on the free-books as their usually nothing more than self-published tripe. But I gave this one a chance and was pleasantly surprised. It is well written; the pace and grammar are superb. The characters and their dialogue, are realistic and believable.

I don't have anything bad to say about this book, but I am confused as to why its free.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2011 9:04 AM BST

Skipped Parts: A Novel (GroVont series)
Skipped Parts: A Novel (GroVont series)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a five star novel, 31 Mar. 2011
The dialogue is dreadful. If you download this, just stop and run it through your head, no one talks like this. Grammatically it's not terrible, but there are many errors throughout. Having said this, I still found it rather enjoyable. Worth a read if you want entertainment and not a well written novel.

Spoilt (Book 1: Spoilt Series)
Spoilt (Book 1: Spoilt Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars I give you one star for trying., 29 Mar. 2011
I didn't get far through the novel, before I deleted it from my kindle, but I will review what I did read;

It's not very well written. A few examples of what i mean are:

The word "gotten" should not be used, ever.

"as he climbed out of the humidity" is just stupid, you can't climb out of humidity.

"penetrating blue eyes" whatever that means

"She was greeted by her family in various fashions" Was one of them wearing a clown costume?

"She appeared to be in her mid twenties and would probably have been beautiful" probably have been? is just a very bad sentence for a number of reasons

"Lucas helped ease the body back again and as he stood, tore off his gloves ready to deposit them in the nearest bin" those gloves are mentioned atleast 40 times

These are all from the first chapter.

But my favorite bad sentence from any book i have ever read, came in the 3rd chapter. Please leave explanations to its meaning in the comments.

"As her face began to fade, the house disappeared and as he spun around, he realised where he was"

the house disappeared, OMG.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 6:51 PM BST

Love Your Voice: Use Your Speaking Voice to Create Success, Self-Confidence, and Star-Like Charisma!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 29 Mar. 2011
Without the CD that accompanies the printed version this book is pretty much useless. Informative yes, but the book does not show you how to apply the techniques the CD does.

I dont know why it couldnt be made possible to to download the audio CD to your kindle, you can upload music to it.

The Kindle Book of Baby Names - Over 13,000 Names
The Kindle Book of Baby Names - Over 13,000 Names

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but needs kindle editing, 29 Mar. 2011
I bought this to look up names to use in my fiction writing. And i'm happy with it.

On kindle it's a little difficult to get where you want, for instance, if you want to skip to the names beggining with `JE_____` you cant just type in the first two letters and go straight there.

Toni&Guy TGDR5356UK Touch Control 2000 W Dryer
Toni&Guy TGDR5356UK Touch Control 2000 W Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 29 Mar. 2011
The control settings that allow you to change the heat and power are great, and make this the best hairdryer i have ever had.

Before i found it difficult to dry my hair without blowing it a mess, but now i can just turn the speed down and blow it gently. The heat setting allows me to cool it down, so i can press the hairdryer on my head to straighten my hair, without burning my head.

The Elements of Style Illustrated
The Elements of Style Illustrated

5.0 out of 5 stars I gave it a chance., 29 Mar. 2011
I had been thinking about buying this book for two months, in the end i bought it so i could stop thinking about it.
I have read a number of books on this subject and did not think i needed another, but I read reviews of this book elsewhere about it being the "Best Book Written on Writing," so i wanted to find out if this was true.
This book covers nothing that the Oxford or Collins guide dont, but what it does do is keeps it simple and to the point. It's written in a style that's simple to understand and hard to forget. A book you will find yourself taking out to look something up, and then find yourself reading the whole thing again.

You will learn something, if you dont; I'll give you your money back!

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't think I would like it this much., 29 Mar. 2011
Warning!
I probabally read(Red!)about five novels a year; since buying this I have read three this month.The books in general seem to be cheaper than their print versions, but as a result of buying more books I'm spending more than before! My sleeping has suffered cause I can't put it down, and I miss some on my favorite TV programs cause I want to read.

It's so comfortable on the eyes and to hold, far better than the traditional book. I don't know why but I seem to read faster and clearer. A good feature for the next model would be to have a timer that calculates how many words per minute your reading.

The dictionary look up is great. Before, if I didnt know a word, I just skipped by and never looked it up, now with a few clicks i can look up a word simply, and get back to the book without losing flow.

Page: 1 | 2