Profile for Pluto > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
The Lacuna
The Lacuna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 July 2013
This review is from: The Lacuna (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. It grabbed my interest from the beginning as I love being underwater too. The story made me interested in the historical background and I found myself looking into Trotsky's life, and into the Mexican art world.

The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all it's cracked up to be, 21 July 2013
This review is from: The Great Gatsby (Kindle Edition)
I think there is a lot of hype about this book because of the movies but I found it slow and boring - I only got interested finding out who caused the accident.

Life After Life
Life After Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave up, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I got bored about a third of the way into this book and gave up. A clever idea but the story didn't grab my attention.

The Wild Flower Key (Revised Edition) - How to identify wild plants, trees and shrubs in Britain and Ireland
by Francis Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, 21 July 2013
Great book. Took a while to learn how to use it but not I'm going great guns. A bit big to comfortably carry about in the field.

Frida [DVD]
Frida [DVD]
Dvd ~ Salma Hayek

3.0 out of 5 stars What I expected, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Frida [DVD] (DVD)
Gave an insight into Frida's life but I didn't like the production style.Didn't really add to my understanding of the person.

Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)
Stoner: A Novel (Vintage Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 July 2013
A Gentle read, beautifully written. Stoner's experiences of life as an academic are not far from the truth. The drive to keep students at all costs, and the bullying of tenured staff.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Jun. 2013
I love this bag. It is perfect for carrying school books in the rain. It is well made and sturdy. I'm sure it will last ages.

Kuaile Hanyu: Vol. 1
Kuaile Hanyu: Vol. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Kuaile Hanyu: Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
Complements the books perfectly and gives you the correct Chinese pronunciations. A must if you are following this programme to learn the language.

And the Mountains Echoed
And the Mountains Echoed

4.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet, 28 Jun. 2013
I've read 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' but I liked this book the best of the three. I like the way so many different characters and stories are combined, with some over the characters only fleetingly rubbing shoulders with others.

No Time Like the Present
No Time Like the Present

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 18 May 2013
I think this book is like impressionist art. Close up you just see blobs on canvas. You have to step back to see the whole. Likewise, when you read this book, don't scrutinise every sentence, just keep reading and the whole is revealed. It's a masterpiece, a fantastic picture of post apartied South Africa.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16