Profile for Denus > Reviews

Content by Denus

Denus (England)

Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC DVD)
Counter-Strike 1: Anthology (PC DVD)
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Yet?......No, 14 April 2007
Many FPS's these days seem to come and go, such as Killzone, COD, BHD, Halo, don't get me wrong, millions of people still play them, but I think the counter strike community is one that will always be there.

There is a great respect for the game amongst the players, despite the fact that the game is getting on a bit (maybe 10 years).

I wouldn't say that this game is realistic, how many good FPS's are? but you don't need realism when the game play is as good as this.

Even as a rookie at the game, you find the game still fun, picking up as many kills as you can each round, and as you get better and better, the challenge is still there, to get better and better. Not only this but the community is great, although it can get a bit fiery but how many online games don't. It is common to play with about 32 players, and the greatest thing is there is always people looking for matches, so you're always involved, the game does not hibernate over night like over games.

Some criticisms I will try to clear up, such as the basic one, why buy this when I can buy source (the newer version). I personally prefer this one, but source is still a great game that I often play. This is the original, what it lacks in graphics, it makes up in game play.

Also the common, its a geeks game, its only a geeks game if you spend more that 4 hours a day on it which many people can quite easily.

So overall basically buy this game, it comes with other games to which are all decent, but the main one is 1.6 and CZ. It's amazing!

Madden NFL 07 (PC DVD)
Madden NFL 07 (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Spot On!, 14 April 2007
This is the second EA sports American Football game I have, I previously had Madden 2005, although I have played 2006, and I can say that the series is constantly getting better.

The Graphics are crisp and clear, the tackles are so realistic, and the game play is fun, the way EA has presented the game is superb. You might think sports games are all the same, but as always EA has included little mini training camps games, although this isn't much different from the actual game play. When I started playing the games, I didn't have a clue on the rules, but this game has made it so clear, one of my fave things in the game is the video replays, and the fact that you can challenge a call, to me this just seems like a novelty, even if I know that the ball has been cleanly stripped from him and he's fumbled the ball clearly, I will often just challenge to watch the video replay.

As with many sports games, unless you're a die hard football fan, it won't last as long as you like. I finished 2 seasons with ease and then sort of had to force myself to finish the third.

The soundtrack is as good as ever, I thought really it needed more depth though, the songs that are on there, but possibly a few more would of made the game much smoother.

SO in conclusion a great game that I would recommend!

Zimmer Men: The Trials and Tribulations of the Ageing Cricketer
Zimmer Men: The Trials and Tribulations of the Ageing Cricketer
by Marcus Berkmann

5.0 out of 5 stars The Funniest Book I Have Ever Read, 11 April 2007
Dispite this is one of the few books written about the "love it or hate it" game of cricket, it is fantastic.

As a player, I find myself agreeing with almost every word in this book, and the great detail of the fantastic games he has played and each of the players really makes you feel apart of his team.

Basically Berkmann is the captain of a Sunday cricket team who play friendlys throughout the British summertime that lasts for about 2 weeks (tends to be the time when you miss the games due to being on holiday), and its basically just facts and storys about his experiences in the game, and what has changed throughout his career.

He makes some very interesting and funny observations such has have you ever noticed that people are more inclined to take a 2 when the fielder hasn't got the correct kit?

Any Cricket fan would love this book, and most people who have any interest in any sport would enjoy it, I can't say how much of a good book this is!

24: Season Five DVD Collection [DVD]
24: Season Five DVD Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Series, 11 April 2007
This in my opinion was the best series so far, i felt slightly dissapointed by series 3 and 4, but this has got me hungry once again for 6. There is no point in me telling you any background infomation as I presume that most people reading this will have an idea what this show is all about, or like many people I would describe as "Die Hard" 24 fans. Watching this, the tension after every episode, the suspense is always there, from episodes 1-24, everyone is as nail biting as the rest.

People say that they don't enjoy it because of the fact that everything is "20 minutes away" or Jack can download the scimatics onto his PDA when ever he feels like but this does not effect the overall quality of the program, the idea of watching it is not to be critical about everything that happens, its to admire the quality of the overall series, which doesn't dissapoint.

The Rising Tied
The Rising Tied
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Work of Art (Like The Album Cover), 9 April 2007
This review is from: The Rising Tied (Audio CD)
Firstly I would like to say that this album is pushing 5 stars, but isn't quite there due to some quite poor songs, although this is made up for by the quality of the good ones.

I am not a big fan of rap myself, I only bought this album because I am quite a big fan of Linkin Park, and Mike Shinoda stars on this album and what I heard I am extremely fond of. Yes it is rap but is easy to listen to, it doesn't snap at you like most rappers, it sort of flows which I like about this album, the way the lyrics and the backing music blend together well.

The lyrics are very well written and catchy- especially kenji which really gets the listener involved in the story, (It's about WW2 and the American relationship with the Japanese- where Shinoda's family originate from)

If you want to sample a few of the songs i would recommend;

Remember The Name

Where'd You Go

Kenji

Red To Black

Out The Back

Overall Easy Listening to what ever genre is your favourite. A good Buy!

From Under The Cork Tree
From Under The Cork Tree
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobody Puts This Album in the Corner, 9 April 2007
I've had this album for almost 2 years now, and it still isn't old, and I still find my self listening to it over and over again.

Call me sad but every track on this album is both catchy and has great lyrics. I have Take This To Your Grave, and i disagree with the people who think THTYG is better, I think this has both the best songs, and the all round better album. Although "Where is Your Boy" is an amazing song (I would recommend listening to it if you haven't already) is a good song, it doesn't compare to the bulk of the songs on this album such as;

Sugar Were Going Down

I Slept With Someone....

A Little Less 16 Candles A.....

Xo

I've Got a Dark Alley...

I would also say it is better than their latest effort, "Infinity of High" although these are both quality albums, this has to be my favourite.

Although the Genre is often disputed, I would recommend it to everyone, especially if you like pop punk or just pop. A Similar Band is Panic! At The Disco which "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" is brilliant to.

So As a whole I would say this album will keep anyone entertained for years, well it's kept me entertained, and I'm sure it will continue you to for years to come.

Under My Skin
Under My Skin
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Album For All!, 9 April 2007
This review is from: Under My Skin (Audio CD)
I bought this album quite recently and after listening to it a few times, the songs really grew on me.

I'd obviously herd a few of avril's songs prior to buying the albums (mainly all the ones that had been released, the favourites), and had found them quite catchy and thought I might as well buy the album and see what it is like. I felt quite ashamed buying it actually, I think the stereotypical view of this is that it is aimed at teenage girls; I can't enlighten anyone on if it is or not, other than to say that I am extremely surprised at how catchy the songs are. Although I have herd a few songs from her "Let Go" album, i understand that she has been mildly criticised for her quite "basic" lyrics and I can say, in my opinion, she has evolved from that. Fair enough, there not lyrics that make you think and go wow, but they are defiantly an improvement.

I also the selection of songs was excellent, and all fitted well together making it a great all round album. I myself am a big fan of pop punk and i am not quite sure what genre this comes under.... (Pop, Pop Punk, Pop Rock?) but I will say, what ever genre you like, I think you will find this album good.

If you want a taste of this album, I would highly recommend...

Take Me Away

Don't Tell

Nobodies Home

Who Knows

Freak Out*****

If you enjoy one of these songs i would recommend getting it, you shouldn't be disappointed!