Profile for Mrs J > Reviews

Content by Mrs J

Mrs J "I'm 70+ and have cataracts so I can't read for pleasure just now. Please let me find some interesting listening or Radio 4xtra here I come!"

Leaf Collectors, Pick up leaves easily with these hand held collectors
Leaf Collectors, Pick up leaves easily with these hand held collectors
Offered by White Hinge Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Garden Hands are big things!, 17 Aug. 2011
I bought a pair of garden hands of a different design 3-4 years ago. After a bit of training even my husband realized they could be much better than a rake and an ungloved hand for picking up leaves and branches, particularly when the pile contained holly and bramble.
Last autumn one of the garden hands broke. Tragedy. We looked around for more garden hands this spring, both on and off the web, without success. Suddenly, in July, when I went to Amazon to look for book-type birthday presents, there they were on my Suggestions List. We are now back in business again doing this year's pruning and tidying, complete with garden hands (and the "former" which sits inside a garden refuse bag).

Access 2007: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Access 2007: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
by Matthew MacDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars Access 2007 in the Missing Manual Series, 9 July 2010
The author's assessment of Access is honest and straightforward. His examples are humorous yet realistic. The designers chose a typeface that is visible, and yet the book is not so heavy that you can't read it in bed once you have turned off the computer.

This book would get 5 stars from me if the author did not have the frustrating habit of condensing "is" to " 's" in just about every other sentence. Otherwise, it was very easy to read.