Profile for A. J. Rendell > Reviews

Content by A. J. Rendell

A. J. Rendell "Renders" (London)

Apple ME294B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Intel Quad Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB HDD, Iris Pro Graphics, GeForce GT 750M 2GB, Mac OS X)

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm really very disappointed that the listing includes "GeForce GT 750M 2GB" - ..., 13 Mar. 2016
I'm really very disappointed that the listing includes "GeForce GT 750M 2GB" - which is a graphics card that I need to run some work related software but when I loaded the software I got error messages because it doesn't in fact have the display card in it. And it's not possible to upgrade this model.

Pioneer 230 Watt Car Front Speakers 165 mm Motor Boxen&Adapter for Ford Ka 1
Pioneer 230 Watt Car Front Speakers 165 mm Motor Boxen&Adapter for Ford Ka 1

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly misleading title, don't waste time on it., 9 Aug. 2015
Unfortunately I interpreted the listing "Pioneer 230 Watt Car Front Speakers 165 mm Motor Boxen&Adapter for Ford Ka 1" as meaning the kit would fit a Ford Ka mark 1. Not even close. Utter waste of money. Stay well away from this kind of misrepresentation.

Komputerbay 128GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 60MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 128 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent performance at the price, 15 April 2015
I bought a pair of these because someone mentioned them on a film making group on Facebook, and they're a lot cheaper than the Sandisk Extreme cards that I normally use. I ran some speed testing software on them and got different values, but both were better than the claimed write speed and I've made some recordings in ProRes422 and Prores422HQ in a Blackmagic Pocket Cine Camera using them without any issues. So I'm very pleased with them.

Now Over 200 5 STAR REVIEWS: "Retro Sweets In A Comic Box" Traditional Sweetshop In A Box: Crammed Full Of Mouthwatering Old Fashioned Retro Sweets - Perfect Inexpensive Birthday Gift, Get Well Soon, Congratulations, Romantic Valentines or Anniversary Present Ideas For Him and Her: Boys & Girls, Mums & Dads, Men & Women Of All Ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars then best response ever, 17 Dec. 2014
I bought some of these to give to clients as a christmas present. Slightly bigger box than I was expecting, then best response ever, great selection to get an office buzzing :-)

BlueRigger 3.5mm Male to Male Stereo Audio Cable - Supports iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android and other Smartphones - 3.6 Meters / 12 ft (White)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars A good cable for the price of a cheap one., 27 Aug. 2013
I actually bought this cable to replace the original cable on an old pair of headphones (Equation RP-21). The connector on the headphones is a 3.5mm jack but quite deeply recessed (with a very basic locking mechanism), and although the original cable is replaceable, I've never found it in stock anywhere. Most cables have connectors which are too wide to fit those headphones, but no problem with this - it's narrow enough to fit quite snugly (it doesn't lock in the way that the original cable would but it doesn't need to IMO). At the other end, I frequently plug in to a Macbook Pro, which notoriously has all it's connectors a little too close together for comfort, so the neatness of this cable works well there as well. No crackling at all when waggling the wire close to the connector (a typical problem with cheap cables), the wire feels sturdy enough, not too thin, only time will tell how robust it is but there's nothing to suggest I won't get a decent life from it. And it looks good. Can't go wrong at this price
:-)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring an old strat back to life, 17 Feb. 2013
My old bitsa strat was crackly at both the volume knob and the selector switch and didn't respond to being sprayed with servisol, so I replaced the wiring with this set. It has sorted the guitar out very nicely indeed, not only curing the crackling but really improving the feel/response of the volume/tone knobs. I've used Orange drop caps on three or four guitars now and the 0.022uf are my current favourites with single coils, YMMV.

WE1189A Adaptor 6.3mm mono plug to 3.5mm mono jack socket
WE1189A Adaptor 6.3mm mono plug to 3.5mm mono jack socket
Offered by eTwist

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 27 Feb. 2012
I wanted to connect some cables that have 3.5mm jack plugs on them to a device that has 1/4" jack sockets as inputs. Sadly when the adapters arrived it turns out that they work the other way around.

Don't bother with them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2013 1:04 PM BST

Irish Tour 1974  [2011]
Irish Tour 1974 [2011]
Dvd ~ Rory Gallagher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Irish Tour 1974 [2011] (Blu-ray)
If you're a fan of the G man you need this film. If you're into blues/rock you need this film. If you like seeing some bloke having a good time playing rock'n'roll you need this film. An older version of it has been available before but this high quality remaster really brings it to life.

Cherry Standard Corded Keyboard USB PS/2 Grey (EU) US-English with the Euro symbol

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, 1 Oct. 2011
I bought this to replace my previous Cherry G80-3000 keyboard (which has been borrowed by someone else and they don't want to give it back because it's so great). Unfortunately this one doesn't have the nice positive typing feel that my other one has/had and which is the one thing that makes it worth paying the premium price for.

Have Cherry changed the design but kept the model number?

I'm deeply unimpressed.

REPAIR OPENING TOOLS KIT FOR IPHONE 3G & IPOD & PSP
REPAIR OPENING TOOLS KIT FOR IPHONE 3G & IPOD & PSP

4.0 out of 5 stars All the tools you need, 7 July 2010
I bought this set in order to change the battery in my 5th Gen Ipod. There were a couple of things in the set that I didn't use, but I believe they're for other models. Good value for money and I've given them only 4 stars rather than 5 because I decided to go onto the web to find illustrated instructions for doing the job as what I got weren't confidence inspiring - once I'd found that these tools made the job very quick and easy.