Profile for seekew > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Jays a-Jays Four Voice Optimised speakers with iPhone Remote and Mic - Black
Jays a-Jays Four Voice Optimised speakers with iPhone Remote and Mic - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, 4 Jan. 2014
I owned these for a while until I lost them.

Sound quality was top notch. The fit and seal are excellent in my ears meaning the bass was pleasing even at low levels, making them ideal for public transport. However the weight and style of cable meant lots of vibration and tugging when moving around. I would not recommend for any exercise, even walking.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic for a reason, 4 Jan. 2014
If you are a human with feelings, flaws and a modicum of reading skills then this is a book for you!

Lizzie is the original bad-ass female protagonist in an age when a woman ought know her place.
She is a flawed yet loveable role model who overcomes her pride and her prejudices.

This is an absolute classic for a reason. I'm male and only picked this up in my thirties following the statement from my girlfriend that I ought to examine my own pride and prejudice and that it will help me.

In truth I was expecting it to be all namby pamby, long winded and dull. But as you acclimatise to the style of writing it becomes apparent that Jane Austin was a master of wit and understatement.

Truly one of the greatest books I have ever read.

Insecure
Insecure

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Insecure (Kindle Edition)
For a first novel this is top notch!

A playful romp through seedy London and overseas. Travel along with two brothers in an almost accidental heist with twists and turns.
This pretty much a movie ready script. I'll be surprised if it doesn't get optioned and then made into a film shortly!

Oh and for less than two quid it's a "steal"!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, 4 Jan. 2014
Bought for my brother in law as a little extra gift on his birthday. He has to wear many ties for his day job and this fit the bill.
It seems okay for the price and he is happy. The fact it has matching cufflinks is a bonus but I'm not sure they or the ties are of Jermyn Street quality.

Clockwork Brussel Sprout Christmas Crackers!
Clockwork Brussel Sprout Christmas Crackers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much fun had, 4 Jan. 2014
Silly and fun. They work didn't quite as expected but they certainly did entertain for a little while. Even among the chaos of Christmas. Certainly a much better option to the dull little prises in traditional fare.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy)
by Suzanne Collins

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 4 Jan. 2014
I found this far less engaging than the previous book. I realise it isn't aimed at me (adult) but there are many examples of kids/teen books that are able to cross the age gap. Read the first one, be entertained and leave it there.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 4 Jan. 2014
Pretty good build quality. Easy to use. Sound quality is as expected from the onboard mics. I have used this on the production of a well known kids TV show, recording SFX of school children cheering in a hall. Recorded sound passed QC and is TX round the world!

Fun Snaps - 10 packs supplied
Fun Snaps - 10 packs supplied
Offered by Shootingduck_Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap!, 4 Jan. 2014
Kids LOVE these as they are kind of naughty, adults because they are actually pretty safe.
They are also fun and a great throwback to my childhood!

Beats by Dr Dre Solo Headphones  - White
Beats by Dr Dre Solo Headphones - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 4 Jan. 2014
Style over substance. As a 39 year old TV professional I have high standards for my audio equipment. So I loath these.

However my extremely heavy handed 15 year old nephew received these as a "group" present over a year ago and still has net managed to destroy them... high praise for them both!

Binatone Action 1000 Two-Way Radio
Binatone Action 1000 Two-Way Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 Jan. 2014
These are tough, strong and pretty resilient to being dropped and roughly handled by kids.
The range is better than anything else I have used in the amateur category.
I HIGHLY recommend these easy to use, feature rich and sturdy little beauties.

The batteries last very long and the ability to have them vibrate upon being "called" makes them practical and fun.

From car to car or monitoring the kids (5, 8 & 10) from home while they run half a mile off into the woods, these have never let us down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5