Profile for seekew > Reviews

Content by seekew

seekew (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bose ® SoundLink ® Mini Bluetooth Speaker - Silver (Discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, sadly not great., 21 Oct. 2014
I so wanted to love this but sadly I can't.

Pros:
• Great looks
• Great sound quality (quite bass heavy which can mean a little distortion on some music, at high volume)
• Great battery life

Cons:
• APPALLING range (line of sight for about 10m - mu mouse and headphones go through the wall and range about 30m, so why not this thing??)
• Switches itself off at random intervals, perhaps because it's being overloaded, so why not have a limiter inside?
• No track controls (pause, skip etc) on unit. Why not? My bluetooth headphones have it?
• No case. Seriously, another £21 for a plastic bumper. Are Bose Apple??!

Bose offer stock "try resetting" triples to queries.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 8:47 PM GMT

PicknBuy® 20g-40kg Portable Pocket Electronic Hanging Luggage Fishing Weighing Digital Scale
Offered by PicknBuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: PicknBuy® Digital Scale (Luggage)
Simple and it works. I hang it from my chin-up bar.
And it's cheap!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 8 May 2014
For the money, it's okay. Quit sturdy and decent enough clips. The magnifying glass isn't great and the light is a bit useless. However I have used it a few times!

[Upgraded Quality] Anker Astro E5 16000mAh Compact Portable Charger (2nd Generation, Premium Panasonic Battery Cells Inside, External Battery Power Bank) with PowerIQ Technology (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Packs a punch!, 8 May 2014
This thing goes on and on and on!

I can plug in my phone, leave it recording my route in one app and giving directions in google maps (two battery heavy apps) with bluetooth streaming music to my headphones and wifi keeping my location accurate.
After two or three hours my phone is still at 100% and this thing has barely used anything.

On a 12hr plane ride it kept me gong the whole way. From check in to sitting in arrivals for 2 hours waiting for my ride. Seriously, this pack means business. I'm sure an iPad would fare very well too.

I'd LOVE to be able to charge my laptop from it!

Downside. On my bike rides, it's bulky. The weight isn't really the issue (it's heavy but that is 315g / .69lb), it's just a bit too large to carry. I will probably sell this on and but one that is smaller.

My last sore point is the on/off switch and torch. The torch is completely superfluous, I'd rather not have it. The on/off switch would be better if it was a sliding switch not a button as it can easily be depressed accidentelly while in transit. Turning on/off the device or torch when inconvenient.

Oh and the carry case is cheap and nasty. But that's no big deal!

MaxiNutrition Promax Bars - Chocolate, Box of 12
MaxiNutrition Promax Bars - Chocolate, Box of 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty!, 8 May 2014
The flavour of this bar is really very good and I actually enjoy the chewiness and even grittiness and the texture.
Be warned, they are VERY chewy. But like I said, I really like that!

They are a decent source of energy if I eat one about 45 mins before exercise. I haven't noticed better recovery when used after.

But I'm not hardcore!

Invicta Pro Diver Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial  Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926OB
Invicta Pro Diver Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 8926OB

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 8 May 2014
On first inspection, this is an excellent watch.

The box is well made and the instructions fairly easy to follow.
The watch is well made, a decent weight and keeps *reasonable* time. The look, feel and sweeping hand movement are a joy. The bezel has a very satisfying click to it and everything lined up (bezel, hands etc) far better than I honesty expected.

The strap is pretty light and feels cheap but it's a cheap watch!

Basically, it's very good value!

Issues: I banged mine on a door handle and scratched the face. This is wear and tear and I didn't really mind. Next I dropped it from about three feet and it survived... almost. The glass back cracked and a piece of glass got stuck in the movement. Knowing this was my problem, not a warranty thing, I opened it up and blew out the insides with canned air. This fixed the problem for a while but the watch would steam up any time I got sweaty! Then it stopped for good. After leaving the watch for about six weeks it miraculously started up again. Only to fail once more after a very minor knock broke more of the glass back.

In summary. If you are a rough and tumble, active person this is not for you. If you work in an office and the only action this watch will see is being taken off so it doesn't rattle against your keyboard. You are in luck!

I have just bought the non automatic, quartz version. I really loved the coin edge bezel and the sweeping second hand on this watch but it's juts not a tough enough "Pro Diver" for me!

Minecraft 3-inch Steve Action Figure
Minecraft 3-inch Steve Action Figure

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 6 April 2014
Cheap and nasty and really overpriced.
Kids love it but it came apart in a matter of hours and destroyed in days.

This cynic thinks they don't care and are just cashing in.

UV 400 Protection Glasses Sunglasses Sports Cycling NEW + 6 X Pairs of lenses
UV 400 Protection Glasses Sunglasses Sports Cycling NEW + 6 X Pairs of lenses
Offered by Fly Service

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 6 April 2014
These are cheap.
They feel cheap, they act cheap.
They are really cheap.

Lenses are easy to change if you are a reasonably component human or simian with opposable thumbs.

They will do the job till my better ones turn up.

The Hobbit Sting Light Up Deluxe Sword with Scabbard
The Hobbit Sting Light Up Deluxe Sword with Scabbard
Offered by Toy Palace GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 4 Jan. 2014
I bought six of these for my little cousin, niece and four nephews this Christmas (5, 7, 8, 10, 13 & 16).
They ALL went nuts for them! The most wonderful chaos ensued and I was top uncle!

The quality is top notch, they are sturdy, well made and even come with a nice solid sheathe (which I didn't realise).

The light up effect is really very good, giving a very pleasing bright blue glow that is even better when walking back home through the woods at dusk! Plus the "swish", "crash", "swoosh" and "schwing" sounds are loud enough to be good fun but not intrusive enough to have the kids banished from the house!

I absolutely and wholeheartedly recommend this five star product!

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
by Dan Millman

5.0 out of 5 stars Do it!, 4 Jan. 2014
This is a book that changed my life.

However, everybody has their own path. It just so happened that this student was ready for the master to appear.
If you are at the foot of your own mountain, this may well be the way you are looking for.

It is not, thank goodness, anything like Paulo Coelho.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5