Profile for Confident Cook > Reviews

Content by Confident Cook

Confident Cook (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars ... a gift for my husband and we both really like it. Beware though, 13 July 2014
Got this as a gift for my husband and we both really like it.

Beware though, the portions are pretty big! He made spaghetti for us the other day and used the man and woman measurements - we both have huge appetites but even by our standards there was A LOT of pasta! No doubt in time we will work out which measurements work perfectly for us - perhaps two lady portions or a man and a child will be just right. Certainly the shapes don't correspond to the 'recommended' portion weight on the pasta packet, but then we never tend to pay much attention to that anyway. Great fun though, and easier than weighing spaghetti which just falls all over the place.

PS I agree with another reviewer that the packaging was pretty badly squashed on arrival so could do with being improved especially if being given as a gift.

Scoot 'n' Pull: Blue
Scoot 'n' Pull: Blue
Offered by Scoot 'n Pull

5.0 out of 5 stars Has saved my back!, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Scoot 'n' Pull: Blue (Toy)
My son took ages to work out how to steer his scooter in a straight line without continually crashing into walls or parked cars and we barely used it as a result. I had to hold on to the handlebars pretty much the whole time which was very uncomfortable! Also impossible to let him take his scooter out if I also had my younger son in the buggy as I couldn't control both at once. This inexpensive product has solved the issue: I can correct his steering, pull him when he is tired, all while pushing the buggy with my other hand. I can also use it to hang the scooter on the back of the buggy when he's not using it. His steering improved hugely as well on its own - probably because he had more control but I was still able to help when he needed it. Now he's a confident rider but we still use the Scoot n Pull often on long journeys or in busy areas. Wish I'd bought this at the same time as the scooter rather than leaving the scooter to languish in a cupboard for almost a year because it was such hard work taking him anywhere. Now it's easy and fun.

Printer USB Cable Lead For ALL Canon PIXMA MP Printer's Compatible With: MP110 MP130 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP220 MP240 MP250 MP260 MP270 MP272 MP280 MP330 MP370 MP410 MP430 MP450 MP110 MP130 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP220 MP240 MP250 MP260 MP270 MP272 MP280 MP330 MP370 MP410 MP430 MP450 MP460 MP470 MP480 MP490 MP492 MP495 MP500 MP510 MP520 MP530 MP540 MP560 MP600 MP600R MP610 MP620 MP630 MP640 MP750 MP760 MP780 MP800 MP800R MP810 MP830 MP950 MP960 MP970 MP980 MP990 PIXMA iP3600, PIXMA iP2700, PIXMA iP100, PIXMA iX7000, PIXMA iX6550, PIXMA iX4000, PIXMA iP4850,
Offered by Digital Drives

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, arrived instantly, 1 Oct. 2013
Got this to connect our supposedly wifi printer to our PC. Has solved months of problems in an instant, wish I'd got this ages ago. Exceedingly cheap, good quality and arrived in the next days' post. Very happy.

Goo Gone Cleaning Liquid - 29 ml
Goo Gone Cleaning Liquid - 29 ml
Offered by Groceries R US

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on tar, 4 Jan. 2013
Some roofers thoughtfully left drops of sticky black tar on my new (beige) carpet when they came to the house to do work to my loft. I was broken-hearted but then went online to see if anyone had any ideas other than buying a brand new section of carpet and found Goo Gone. This stuff got it out and you can't see any marks of where the tar used to be. I'm amazed, and relieved. Highly recommended.

SLIME PUNCTURE PREVENTOR
SLIME PUNCTURE PREVENTOR
Offered by Bike Champions

1.0 out of 5 stars Cap snapped off before I could use it, 4 Jan. 2013
I can't tell you whether this product works as the tool which comes in the cap to get the slime into your wheels sheared off the first time I tried to use it. So irritating and each time I get another flat tyre on my buggy wheels I am annoyed all over again that I have not been able to put this stuff into the wheels.

Darth Vader and Son
Darth Vader and Son
by Jeffrey Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Husband and son love it, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Darth Vader and Son (Hardcover)
My husband is a Star Wars geek and my son is called Luke - I got this for my husband as a father's day gift and it went down brilliantly! My son also likes it (he's 3) as he looks a lot like Luke in the drawings - he actually thinks it IS him in the book. Personally as someone who has only seen the Star Wars films once each and was an adult at the time, I am not as much of a fan as my husband, so this book is less funny to me than it is to him. That's the only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5 - I don't think its appeal is universal - you have to know and love Star Wars (the original 3 movies) to truly get the humour in this book. Still, there are a lot of Star Wars geeks out there and if you know one who has recently become a dad then this is an excellent choice.

Hermesetas Liquid 200ml
Hermesetas Liquid 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than granulated sweetener for low-carb cooking, 4 Jan. 2013
It can take a while to figure out quantities if using this to replace sugar in recipes but once you've cracked it this is a fantastic way to replace sugar without adding carbs. Regular granulated Hermesetas has to be bulked out with something so it looks more like sugar and this bulking agent adds carbs. Using this liquid Hermesetas I can make amazing chocolate mousse pots at only 2g net carbs per serving, simply by using the classic eggs/cream recipe (plus 85% cocoa dark chocolate) and replacing the sugar with this. As the recipe doesn't rely on sugar for structure in any way, adding it in liquid form is not a problem. I love it and am delighted I can order it from Amazon whereas previously I had to take pot luck at a selection of pharmacies who almost never have it in stock.

Pack of 12 White Excellent Quality Cotton Muslin Wraps/Squares
Pack of 12 White Excellent Quality Cotton Muslin Wraps/Squares

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality muslins, 4 Jan. 2013
I thought all muslins were pretty much the same but have discovered that in fact they come in quite a few sizes and lots of different thicknesses. I was recently very disappointed by some muslins I bought from JoJo Maman Bebe which I assumed would be good but were so thin they were practically useless. I was also wary of some of the cheap deals available at the large supermarkets for fear they would also be too thin. These muslins are perfect - a good size for most uses, really thick, well stitched at the edges, and with 12 in the pack they are excellent value for money. I was originally looking for a pack of 6 but in fact you can never have too many muslins! I wholeheartedly recommend these to anyone.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Nursery and Playroom Wall Sticker Décor Kit
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Nursery and Playroom Wall Sticker Décor Kit
Offered by Baby Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent large stickers which transformed our bland nursery, 4 Jan. 2013
I can't fault these brilliant stickers. Unlike some other brands, these are really large, which was what I wanted as smaller stickers just look messy rather than decorative. They peel off the roll easily and stick to the wall well, and are easily re-positionable without losing their ability to stick. There are loads of stickers in the pack so I decided not to use all of them as the room is quite small and I didn't want to overdo it. I loved this product and only wish I could find more like this that I liked!

Lanzarote Marco Polo Guide (Marco Polo Travel Guides)
Lanzarote Marco Polo Guide (Marco Polo Travel Guides)
by Marco Polo

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy book but could have done with better map, 22 Nov. 2012
This was a handy book to have and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice around, however although there were restaurant recommendations in the book, the map of the town we were staying in was so vague that none of the streets we needed to find in order to go to the recommended restaurants were on there. We only managed to find one in the end, but it was a great recommendation and the best meal we had on the island. Other recommendations such as the Papagayo beaches were spot on, although it didn't mention that you have to climb down a very steep unmade path in order to get to the (beautiful) bays and that anyone not steady on their feed would struggle to make it. We had a baby buggy and two children under three, all their swimming gear, towels, buckets and spades etc and without help from bystanders we would never have got down to the beach. This is important information so should really be mentioned. I would still recommend this book to others, with reservations.

Page: 1 | 2