Profile for John R > Reviews

Content by John R

John R

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 27 July 2013
Got these aqua shoes because I can`t walk on shingle or stone. Used them over 2 weeks on a recent holiday to Croatia.

Looks good and very comfortable to wear. Purchase 1 size smaller for a correct fit.

I felt the grip on the soles could be a little bit better but I am not saying they offer no grip. One suggestion though, make sure you rinse out these shoes every day after use because if you don`t the stink to high heaven.

After using these aqua shoes every day for 2 weeks I can say they are the same condition as when I purchased.

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Screen Protector, MediaDevil Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) Edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Service, 25 Mar. 2013
Ordered one day and received it the next day at no extra cost.
I wasn’t confident in fitting this screen protector myself so I went to the local mobile shop and asked them to fit it. I was prepared to pay a fitting cost but the shop did it for free.
Time will tell how good this product is but so far so good. As another reviewer has already said you wouldn’t know a screen protector has been fitted

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Aug. 2012
A massive thank-you to TP-Link for this brilliant card and you guys who have already reviewed this product. Let me explain.

A few weeks ago Virgin media sent me a Netgear Superhub to replace my 10-year-old modem and router. I have a PC running Windows XP, SP3.

I connected the aerial and power lead as instructed, switched on and great my PC recognised the new hub instantly. Choose the Virgin media from the available networks list, put in the passphrase and nothing, it would not connect. Tried over and over again but still it would not connect. I phoned Virgin media who were as helpful as having an ice cream kiosk at the North Pole.

In desperation I turned to the internet (with the help of my sons computer) and search for an answer. This led me to this product and the reviews here on Amazon. I purchased the product installed it which took all of 30 seconds, put the disk in to load the drivers and hey presto instant connection..

Strong signal, works well on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz with no drop out. In short it's a brilliant piece of hardware that actually works. No need to say anymore except if you are looking for a new wireless card or have been experiencing problems with connection then this product could be the answer. Thank-you all again.

Garmin nuvi 2595LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but pretty good all the same., 25 May 2012
I bought this sat nav to replace my trusty Sony U92 that I've had since 2007.

I am by no means a techie, I just want a 5 inch Sat Nav that will take me from A to B without too much fuss. That's not a lot to ask from a half decent Sat nav?

As Sony had decided to leave the domestic Sat nav market I was faced with a dilemma as to which company to go for. The more I read reviews on different Sat Navs the more I got confused. In the end I took the advice of a work colleague who recommended the Garmin.

Looking at the Garmin range I decided on the Nuvi 2595LMT. The free lifetime map and traffic update finally made up my mind. However, reading some of the reviews from people who run Windows XP and were experiencing trouble downloading updates and maps made me a little hesitant. But I am happy to report that on my computer that is running Windows XP SP3, I downloaded the updates and maps all within 2.5 hours and no problems whatsoever.

I`ve only used it once to go to Bath on a day trip and was pretty impressed. It took me on the fastest route and not once did it lead me astray. Even when we got there it showed me where I could park the car.

So far I am pretty impressed with the Garmin 2595LMT. I`ve still to learn and use the other things it can do.

My only small gripe is when I am comparing it with my old Sony U92. What I loved about my Sony were two things. Firstly the Sony voice prompt would say turn "now" instead the Garmin says turn using the name of the road. Unless you can see the street name its not as good as the Sony. Second the direction display on the Sony was large and clear giving you enough time to move into the correct lane. The Garmin direction display is tiny in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Apart from these two things the Garmin 2595LMT seems to be a very good Sat Nav and I am happy to endorse this product.

Lastly, I also purchased the Garmin Portable friction mount, 010-11280-00 ( NOT THE BEANBAG ) to go with my Garmin. It sat on my dashboard for the round trip to Bath and back home, a distance of about 180 miles and it never fell off or moved once. A supurb companion for the Garmin 2595LMT Sat nav.