Profile for Diesel > Reviews

Diesel

Page: 1 | 2
Clickfree CA3D20-2CBK2-G1Z 2TB C2 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive
Clickfree CA3D20-2CBK2-G1Z 2TB C2 USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Backup Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to back up removable drives (mem sticks etc) which are connected to PC, 29 April 2014
I have to start by saying that I quite like the simplicity of the drive - basically "plug it in and go". However, I have given only a 3-star rating because I am extremely disappointed that it does not pick up files on removable drives which are connected to USB ports at the time of backup. In my particular case, I use "Steganos Safe" security software by which I allocate disk space to various secure "Safes" which are hidden until "opened" with security passwords. Once opened, they appear in Windows Explorer just like the hard drives and with a drive letter. I use these "safes" to protect various spreadsheets etc. and upon closing them, the data saved therein cannot be found, even by deep disk analysis, without running the Steganos software and entering the correct passwords. I use these to file all my bank statements and such confidential information and feel reassured knowing that if my PC or lappie get stolen/lost, that the finder cannot access my confidential financial files. However, thay need back-ups like all other drives. I am currently backing up my PC and have open "Safes" containing over 200 spreadsheets but Clickfree are registering finding only 9 (and these will be on my main drive "C" I suspect, not the opened [ex-hidden] ones. In fairness to Clickfree, there may be more settings which I haven't yet discovered which may overcome my disillusionment - I can only hope so - but otherwise, it will have been predominantly a waste of money for me. I also concede, that for others it would be excellent and it is my obsession with security of my financial data that causes me to register the 3-star rating. I also carry data on similarly secured [hidden "safes"] on memory sticks and it doesn't seem to pick up these files either, when plugged into USB ports. Big shame that.
Update 04 May 2014:
Since writing my review a few days ago, I have experimented further and have in fact found that my "secret safes" files in Steganos Safe-15 ARE in fact being backed up by the Clickfree drive. It is just a little complicated unless you know and use Steganos Safe (highly recommended - I am in no way connected to them other being a customer!!) but what happens is that it creates virtual drives on your hard-drive at whatever size you specifiy to store your protected files. Any files you put into these "Safes" is encrypted and stored in "SLE" named file segments. Clickfree actual backs up these whole folders rather than individual files you have put into them and that is why I thought they were not being backed up as I could not find my named files on the backup. However, they ARE and you can retrieve them just like the originals. Apologies if I'm boring you - I'm boring myself!! - but I thought it only fair to Clickfree to up my rating and impart to you what I had since discovered. Now I really must go and 'get a life'. Bye xx
P.S I still have not found out about backing up memory sticks but at worst, you can temporarily copy them to the hard drive, back 'em up and delete the copies I guess. Maybe it does them anyway - I will see in due course but am short of time at the mo.

Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery - Pack of 12
Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery - Pack of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 10 Aug. 2013
So good to have been able to buy the button cells we needed instead of a mixed pack where two-thirds are not want you want or would ever use. (such as the mixed packs obtainable from the "cheap shops" at about £1.50). My wife is a compulsive "puzzler" and uses a battery dictionary/anagram solver etc. which burns up CR 2032 cells on a monthly basis so getting 12 for £2.80 was a bargain, especially when they came post free at the time from Babz-Media.

RSPB 5" Blackbird -PLUSH TOY WITH AUTHENTIC BIRD CALL
RSPB 5" Blackbird -PLUSH TOY WITH AUTHENTIC BIRD CALL
Offered by Amazing Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 10 Aug. 2013
Cute little toy bird with a pretty reallistic chirp. Our granddaughter loved it - and so did I. It was good value too at only £5.68 at the time of ordering and came post free on "Super Saver Delivery" then (May 2013) but I guess now Amazon would add £2.99 min postage so is no longer such excellent value. Still cute though.

16GB Class 10 Micro SD SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card by Samsung Semiconductor Write Speed 20MB/S read speed up to 80MB/S

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Aug. 2013
What can one say about a memory card - not much really except that this one is fine, worked as it should and allowed me to copy over all my photos of our year old granddaughter from PC to view on my tablet. Excellent product for the price and at the time was excellent value too at £8.99 but now that Amazon want £2.99 p/p (despite it showing "Eligible for Free Super Saver delivery") I cancelled my repeat order and will buy elsewhere in future, just on principle.

e-Vision Coupleur BNC femelle / femelle
e-Vision Coupleur BNC femelle / femelle
Offered by HOME-CCTV ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential in conjunction with CCTV extension lead, 13 Nov. 2012
I had ordered a 5m extension lead to reposition a CCTV camera but noticed as I ordered that the illustration showed female BNC connectors both ends of the lead. By ordering this double-ended male* adaptor at the same, it enabled me to use the lead in the manner intended, i.e. as a simple plug in extension. (Without this adaptor, I would have had two female* plugs of identical type to join together - not possible! ( * To be honest, I may be saying 'male' and 'female' the wrong way round in this instance, as I'm never sure which they mean when they say male & female when it comes to BNC connectors, but in everyday terms it was like having a 13amp plug on both ends of mains lead instead of a plug one end and a socket on t'other, if you see what I mean) Oh, I hope this makes sense to you! - but take my word for it, if you order an CCTV extension lead, get yerself one of these for 50p at the same time. Excellent quality - excellent service from 'CCTV Mall', so, my thanks to them!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a CCTV extension lead, 13 Nov. 2012
I needed to reposition a CCTV camera which would have meant a lot of work backtracking where the existing lead was was trailed through partitions and walls in order to use the excess which was coiled at the recording end. This excellent lead provided the quick and easy answer and at a very low, affordable price and having the both BNC & DC power connectors each end made the job very simple. The only drawback was that the BNC connectors had female both ends (strange that? - probably a reason tho' I don't know what that would be?), but fortunately I noticed this from the illustration as I ordered it and included the double-ended male adaptor in my order (only 50 pence from same supplier) so they came together. The lead seems to me to be of excellent quality and was supplied by 'CCTV Mall' very quickly and arrived just a couple of days after ordering. Fitting, using the male adaptor mentioned, was of course a 'doddle' and allowed me to extend the camera to its new position in minutes without fuss or having to solder on new connectors etc. as I would otherwise have had to do. Many thanks to the seller 'CCTV Mall'.

Kilrock - Spirits Of Salt - 500ml - Removes Limescale Plughole Unblocker Metal Cleaner
Offered by deals-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a Limescale remover, 13 Nov. 2012
I must admit that I was surprised that I could buy this on-line. 'Spirits of Salts was introduced to me a while ago by a very elderly lady who knows all the old 'tricks of the trade' and old fashioned remedies and cures for just about everything, and used S-o-S for descaling her flower pots of all things. It removed limescale in seconds where the usual branded descalers would either fail to work or take hours to shift it. I wanted it to remove some really irremovable limescale which had built up in the soap dispenser of the washing machine. I had tried other descalers to no avail and even scraping, but could shift it. It took about half to one hour of dabbing and brushing with this stuff - brilliant - all cleared! I maybe wouldn't recommend it be used with food utensiles though, or such as kettles etc. as it is basically hydrochloride acid. Also, keep well clear of its vapour or fumes as they are really both very pungent and presumably very harmful. Use with the utmost respect, care and caution!! Excellent quick service from the seller and at a very good (post free!) price. My thanks to the seller 'shop4allsorts'.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! An Ideal Aid to Christmas Dinner., 7 Nov. 2012
A really quick delivery of these attractive 'keep warm' dishes from the supplier 'Bestprice938' - ordered at the weekend and delivered Monday! I really wasn't expecting them quick that quick - amazing! They are attractive and appear well-made. All three are what I consider to be ideal sizes for vegetables for the table for anywhere between probably 4 to maybe 8 or 10 people (depending about choice of veg of course). When ordering, I did wonder if they may be on the big side but no - I consider them to be ideal. Having got used to so many Amazon items being free delivery, I thought £5.98 was a bit high for delivery at the time, but as, (as I said) they arrived so quickly after ordering, that was a fair price to pay, also bearing in mind they come packed in quite a large box of around 18" cube. We haven't had occasion to use these as yet, but have used similar ones for some time and they do keep food quite hot for some time whilst other food items are still not quite ready, as can happen when preparing a large meal for numerous people. Ideal for Christmas dinners of course! My thanks to the seller 'Bestprice938'.

48 Led IR Infra Red Illuminator
48 Led IR Infra Red Illuminator

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., 9 Jun. 2012
This review is from: 48 Led IR Infra Red Illuminator
I was quite amazed at the illumination that this little device gave to my CCTV cameras - just like a high- powered spotlight, even at maybe 10 - 20 metres. However, my problem is that I need a bit more spread of light at a shorter distance and not quite so localised intense. I have therefore pondered ways to diffuse the light a bit so that I can cover a wider area maybe 5 - 10 metres from the house, but so far haven't been able to work out a way to do so (to be honest, I haven't tried that hard so far!) - maybe some sort of film over the whole front will do the job. Anyway, - sorry to digress - this is a great little illuminator at a reasonable price and if it hadn't gone up a few quid since I bought mine, I'd buy another one or two to cover my back garden and opposite direction camera. A First Rate product!

Aptii Coaxial TV Aerial Cable Plug to Plug Fly Lead Black 1m
Aptii Coaxial TV Aerial Cable Plug to Plug Fly Lead Black 1m

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me ..., 9 Jun. 2012
Perfectly good quality aerial* lead ( * Pls beware: I needed male to male, as opposed to the maybe more usual male to female lead) and about half the price I would have paid locally. Arrived quite quickly but, as I am late submitting this review, I can't recall exactly how quickly (but a few days is always fine for me).

Page: 1 | 2