Profile for Erastus Rosemond > Reviews

Content by Erastus Rosemond

Erastus Rosemond

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Jeffrey Campbell Riggs Skull Trainers Womens Black/Pewter Fashion Sneakers Shoes (UK6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Gothic Steps, 22 Jun. 2017
Couldn't resist these awesome skull-adorned shoes. They seem to fit true to size (I'm UK6/EU39). The fit is rather wide, however. Luckily, the lace-up design means this isn't a problem, despite my narrow feet. The delightfully macabre metal skulls are very securely fixed to the leather - feeling from the inside I think they're riveted on rather than just glued, which is reassuring. The shoes are surprisingly comfortable - quite padded inside. The edging slightly digs into my ankles but that's only an issue if I lace them too tight. They are quite heavy (there's a lot of metalwork attached!), but they're not the kind of shoes you'll wear all day every day, so I can live with that. The only criticisms I have are: 1. I think they'd look better without the whitewash effect that's painted on, and 2. the trim at the base of each heel has come unstuck after only two times wearing them. This is easily mended with glue, but a bit annoying. But all in all, these are stylish, comfortable and enjoyably strange.

Stargazer Pressed Powder, Translucent
Stargazer Pressed Powder, Translucent

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargazer Translucent Pressed Powder Compact, 22 Jun. 2017
This is great for the price. The Translucent shade is ideal if, like me, you have a pale complexion but aren't quite pale enough for the ultra-white Goth look. I usually find most makeup products too yellow/orange but this is neutral enough for me. It gives quite good coverage without looking too powdery - I don't wear any foundation but a light layer of this powder keeps me shine free and disguises red areas adequately. The powder lasts surprisingly well. During the recent heatwave I've applied it over factor 50 facial sun lotion and it stayed put for hours in a sweltering hot office with no A/C. It even withstood a day out at the seaside - I felt like my face would be bright red and sweaty-looking but the powder stood up remarkably well despite the heat! There is no discernible fragrance to the product (hooray!) and the packaging, while very basic, is sturdy. There is a bit of fallout from the compact when you use it, and the applicator/pad is cheap-seeming, but you can always carry a little brush or buy replacement pads/circular sponges in any drugstore. I'm definitely going to try the Natural Shimmer one as well.

The Virgin Years: 1977-1983
The Virgin Years: 1977-1983

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tangerine Treat, 10 Jun. 2017
A good value set containing some classic albums. Ideal for someone just getting into Tangerine Dream (as I was when I got this, quite a while ago now!). I've really enjoyed discovering their music and if you get this set and the previous one, you have an instant mini-collection of some of their very best work. From this set I think my favourites are 'Force Majeure' and 'Hyperborea'. Really though, any TD album from this period can make an ideal soundtrack for reading/studying/writing/relaxing, but is also worth consciously listening to for its own sake. Though the musical ingredients here are simple-seeming, the more you listen the more you hear.

Spiegelau 4460176 17.39 x 17.39 x 12.2 cm Single Barrel Bourbon Glass, Set of 4, Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars These are very elegant and feel like good quality without being too heavy, 10 Jun. 2017
These are very elegant and feel like good quality without being too heavy. They come up sparkling from the dishwasher with no cloudiness etc. after several months of use. They are designed for whisky but we use them for rum: there's no 'official glass style' for rum but these were recommended to me as a suitable style. The shape does seem to help funnel the aromas to your nose and they feel very nice to hold. I daresay we'll try whisky in them sometime too!

Sephia SP3060 Noise Isolating in-ear Earphones Headphones, HEAVY DEEP BASS for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, MP3 Players, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry
Offered by Sephia

3.0 out of 5 stars Earphones with added noise, 10 Jun. 2017
These are fine for the price (I paid around £12). I chose them because they're cheap - just wanted some basic earphones to keep in my bag - and because they come with a range of differently-sized ear pieces. I have ridiculously small ears and most earphones don't fit me. Unfortunately the smallest ear pieces provided with these are still a bit too big for me, but still useable. Also, though I have not been rough with them and have used them regularly rather than frequently, there is a bit of unwanted noise with these earphones. If I wear them while walking I get interference (a sort of audible squelchy sound in rhythm with my gait... nope, it's not my shoes!). There's also interference when scrolling on my phone. Well, you get what you pay for!

The other annoyance to mention is that the seller was quite insistent in pressing for a product review - about a day after I'd received the product. This is an irritating trend and also not at all helpful to other potential customers. For technological products you want to know what people think of it after a few weeks or months.

Overall: these are ok as a cheap pair that you wouldn't cry over if you lost 'em.

Alchemy Gothic Nosferatu's Rest Pendant
Alchemy Gothic Nosferatu's Rest Pendant
Offered by Gothic Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars (Un)dead Cute!, 10 Jun. 2017
A really delightful object - well made and eye-catching. Quite a clever design with lots of detail in the casting. It joins various other objects in my little mini collection of 'Nosferatu'-related trinkets. (My only (nitpicking) criticism is that the chain is rather a bright, non-matching silver tone, but that's easy to swap if I really want to.) My first time buying an Alchemy piece and I suspect not the last! :-) Definitely impressed with the quality given the price.

ClimeMET CM7048 Digital Wireless Temperature Weather Station.
ClimeMET CM7048 Digital Wireless Temperature Weather Station.
Offered by The UK Weather Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 29 May 2014
I bought this as a gift for my Mum, who wanted a simple weather station to record indoor and outdoor temperatures. She is very happy with it, says it works fine and does what she wanted it to. Only issue seems to be with getting it to show the correct time, but that's a minor point!

Luxury Sandalwood Scented Drawer Liners in a timeless William Morris Design. 5 Rolled Sheets. Made in Suffolk, England.
Offered by The Master Herbalist

1.0 out of 5 stars Unpleasant aroma!, 29 May 2014
Sorry to have to say it but... I liked everything about these scented drawer liners except the scent!! The design is attractive, the quality of the paper is great, the price was reasonable, the seller despatched the item quickly and it was well packed, but the smell does not remotely resemble sandalwood - it's more like the overpowering odour of the household cleaning products aisle in a supermarket, or the pungent waft of a branch of Lush on a hot day. I bought these to put in the bottom of an antique wardrobe, more to protect clothes from dust and splinters than for the scent. Unfortunately, having put the liners in the wardrobe, I couldn't stand the smell for more than a few hours - it was so strong and unpleasant that it brought on a migraine. I had to get my husband to remove the liners (really didn't want to go near them again!) and he put them in the garage for me, safely out of smelling range! Days later, the wardrobe still smelled of overly-strong fake scent (it has just about faded now to a bearable level). If you are ok with really strong Lush-style scents and need to refresh a musty old chest of drawers, you'll probably find these helpful, but if you're at all sensitive to strong perfumes, Do Not Buy! It's a shame, as the William Morris design is lovely.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Net result - buy this!, 31 Aug. 2013
Exactly what I wanted - plain, simple, very inexpensive. The fabric does arrive with raw edges, but it doesn't look like it'll fray unless handled roughly, and it doesn't show when it's all ruched up and hanging in the window. The package arrived very fast and was delivered by Royal Mail (still rather more reliable than some of these dodgy courier firms!). I will definitely come back to this seller next time I need net curtains!

Blaupunkt 2013 Comfort 112 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blaupunkt 2013 Comfort 112 Noise Cancelling Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Clarity before comfort, 31 Aug. 2013
After a false start in trying to replace my old worn out noise-cancelling headphones (I stupidly bought a cheap set that didn't really do anything), I was very glad to find these. For the price I think they're great. I use them a lot on the train journey to and from work - cuts out train noise, annoying chatter, and even the train announcements! I like the case they came in, it fits in my big bag and my ipod fits inside it too. I like that the flex detaches completely (there's a jack at each end, one goes into the headphones and the other into your mp3 player or other device) - the main flaw with my old headphones was loose connections, but with these you can just replace the flex if it gives up. They seem to use very little power, too; I bought these several months ago and the batteries are still going strong. My only complaint is... size wise, they don't adjust down quite enough for my inhumanly small skull!! They don't quite fall off, but it's very slightly annoying. I'm sure they fit the average adult male very well though! All in all a great buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3