Profile for Princesspeach > Reviews

Princesspeach

Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary
Wort Fur Wort: New Advanced German Vocabulary
by Paul Stocker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for essay writing - will definitely bring your grades up!, 4 May 2016
This is a great book. I am an English native speaker and I used this book when I was at school. These days, I'm a professional translator and I'm fluent in German. This book certainly helped me along! It's especially good for writing formal essays. This is not a book for total beginners - I've seen some complaints that it "lacks simple sentences". I think the "advanced" part of the title makes it clear that this is for people with some prior knowledge of German...

A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword)
A Cast of Stones (The Staff and the Sword)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 4 May 2014
I'll definitely read the next one in the series. It seems like an original idea for a fantasy series. It's a while since I read it so I can't remember much about it except that I liked it.

Messiah: The First Judgement (Chronicles of Brothers Book 2)
Messiah: The First Judgement (Chronicles of Brothers Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor execution, 10 Feb. 2014
I mainly disliked this book because of the over-use of certain adjectives, such as "monstrous". I suppose it was supposed to make the book feel more "fantasy" but to be honest, it was just annoying. Really wanted to enjoy this because the idea was so cool. :-(

Orthodoxy
Orthodoxy

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved C.S Lewis, you'll love this!, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Orthodoxy (Kindle Edition)
A great read. It really helped me to see how I can logically explain my faith to others. A must read for all thinkers!