Profile for wickamonke > Reviews

Encarta 2005 Premium Suite DVD
Encarta 2005 Premium Suite DVD
Offered by BOOKS-DVDS-TOYS-TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Every year this just gets better!, 21 July 2005
As a student, a majority of my homework is done on the computer and of that quite a lot is about research. Obviously the internet is useful but I find this very frustrating as Google searching for the information could bring up anything, from primary school stuff with lots of pictures filled up with stuff you already know or big university stuff, thousands of words long, half of them ones you don't understand!
I have been using encarta for the last 5 years, mainly for homework, but also for finding out stuff for my own interest. Every year there is about twice as much information, more pictures, videos, and I won't even mention all the interactive stuff there is to do, I will leave you to find out for yourself. All I can say is, for entertainment or work, this is essential. I promise when you get this you will agree with me

The Offspring - Greatest Hits
The Offspring - Greatest Hits

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bands of the 90s, 21 July 2005
I got this album after barely hearing any offspring songs (One of them the amazing pretty fly for a white guy) And I was very impressed. My only critiscism, is that like Blink 182, they sometimes focus too much on being funny instead of making good music.
If you are a big Offspring fan I would advise just to get a few of their other albums as this misses out some of their really good songs from earlier on. But if you are a big music fan in general (Who doesn't have unlimited money) this should suffise as a really good rock album

Sahara [DVD] [2005]
Sahara [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars James Bond meets Indiana Jones!, 21 July 2005
This review is from: Sahara [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This film is very entertaining. Every review I saw for it said the same thing, James Bond meets Indiana Jones, I thought this was a bit corny, but I couldn't help agreeing with them.
This has a slow start and for the first half hour or so I was confused about what was going on, but then when the three heroes get together, there is an immediate on screen chemistry. This film has some great action set pieces and also (apart from a few action bits where annoying people say "That wasn't very possible") some bits of it are quite realistic, like there being greedy dictators leaving the rest of the country in poverty. When you watch it, you shouldn't take this film to seriously, but it is very funny and up there with Indy

The War of the Worlds
The War of the Worlds

5.0 out of 5 stars The best film music since Lord Of the Rings!, 17 July 2005
This review is from: The War of the Worlds (Audio CD)
I saw the film, the war of the worlds at the cinema a few weeks ago and I was very impressed. It built up tension, majecsticness and sadness just at the right moment. It really made a brilliant fim an immense film.
i don't even like classical music, the only classical music I do like is LOTR and Star Wars.
This could either be listened to when you are relaxing and reading the story which comes with the c.d(Although very short it reminds you what this part of music means etc.) or you could listen to it as a soundtrack when you are doing other tasks (like enterteining friends or playing cards)
I would highly reccomend this, because music like this doesn't come along very often

Apple iPod mini 4GB - Silver [M9800B/A] (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple iPod mini 4GB - Silver [M9800B/A] (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate piece of technology, well worth the money, 17 July 2005
When I got this, I was amazed at how good it was. It is everything all technology should aspire to be like:
easy to use - this is so simple, the wheel is one of the best inventions in the last decade. It is so good being able to browse through your music without changing your song.
stylish - just look at the picture of it, when you first buy it you can't help but stare at it
great features - everything that it does seems like a good idea, itunes is so easy to use and add songs to your iPod. It may not seem like a very good idea having games on an mp3 player but it is. The games are just fun for going on when you are going on your iPod and music quiz is so cool (a clip from a song plays and you have to guess what song it is before the time runs out. I also love itunes. One minute you could be listening to Limp Biscit, the next Keane!
I wouldn't reccomend this for adults as minis can only store 1000 songs but if you have filled your iPod, you can trade it in and get a 20gb iPod (which is just as good, if not better) for £30!

Eagle Strike (Alex Rider)
Eagle Strike (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the Alex Rider Books, 17 July 2005
This is definetly the best Alex Rider Book, it combines action with adventure. I felt it really hard to put down and most of the time I was so nervous and couldn't stop reading.
The reason this is better than the other Alex Rider Books (even though they are all good) is because of its amazing finale and the fact that the villain could be a celebrity. It also leaves you thinking about his motives and were they actually that bad.
The worst bit is, at the end you don't have a clue what is going to happen next and I had to wait a year for Scorpia.
I would reccomend this for teenagers because it is more enjoyable than Artemis Fowl and more action than Harry Potter. I think any book by Antony Horowitz is great for encouraging teenagers to read because they are as good as any movie!