Profile for FishBlobCat > Reviews

Content by FishBlobCat

FishBlobCat "Moogle" (Bedfordshire, England)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Oct. 2015
Well-made, somewhat smaller than expected - I am not a particularly plus-sized woman yet ordered a large.

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Why no 3D?, 26 Dec. 2011
Having recieved a 3DS recently, I was dissapointed to descover that I couldn't buy the next in the series in 3D. However, the gameplay is excellent, and the puzzles are engrossing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 11:26 AM GMT

Unsolved Crimes (Nintendo DS)
Unsolved Crimes (Nintendo DS)
Offered by PherImportLTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, 21 Nov. 2010
I don't get the bad reviews - I found this game fun and reasonably challenging. The format is good, the 3D investigation giving it something extra. The cases are fun to work on and reporting back is an iteresting concept. In between investigation you have action scenes. These aren't great. The car chase was pitiful and the shoot-out contained little point.

Fun if you're a fan of murder mystery games - you'll lap it up, but otherwise I'd recommend starting with something more well-known like Hotel Dusk.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, very affordable, 13 Nov. 2010
This program is simply delightful. It has all the basic tools needed to manipulate images at an affordable price. A good bit of kit - it may not have as many fancy tools and filters as Adobe Photoshop, but perfect for the amateur, such as myself, who would only skim the surface of the technology available in some digital editing packages. It has burn, smudge, blur and clone functions. There is no airbrush that I know of, but you can normally get the desired effect by using the normal brush with a lowered transparency.
Fantastic fun, but not useful for professional work.

COOL-ER ereader Blue Sky
COOL-ER ereader Blue Sky

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so cool if I'm honest, 20 Jan. 2010
I was SO excited when I got this for Christmas - I'd been itching for an e-reader for AGES! I was all upset within hours of opening when the blasted thing told me my eBooks in EPUB format were unreadable (that's the main format) I downloaded some glitch software which sorted it out, telling me it was a problem with my COMPUTER. I'd never had any of these problems before. Even so, I plodded on, liking my green e-reader because of how beautiful it was, how sleek and how handy. I never got to carry it around slipped into my bag like I wanted, because before we'd even went out it crashed.(this is all still Christmas day, by the way)The e-reader website only said it would crash due to lack of charge - I'd just charged it up! I hadn't done nearly as many page turns as they promised - only abut twenty! Eventually I found out from a different site there was a reset button on the back you could press when it froze. Doing so it started to work again.

Not so long after this I turned it on after not using it for a day or so. It crashed on load-up. Confident this time, I pushed a pen into the reset button And again. Nothing happened. We tried everything to stop it from being frozen. Nothing worked, giving up, but still within warranty, we sent it back to Cool-er. Almost a month later, it arrived (in blue, not my original colour because they were out of stock and I would have had to wait another month.)

Excited I started to carefully peel off the protective film on the reader, careful not to let any damage come to its shiny exterior. The front was perfect. I started to peel away the back and the shiny glaze, or whatever it is, comes off with it leaving an ugly dull blue plastic-y splodge on the reader, and the metallic blue glaze on the protective film. Some protection THAT turned out to be! My advice - chose a different e-reader. Although, admittedly, the new one didn't freeze on the load-up. Yet.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2010 6:28 PM BST

The Producers [DVD] [2005]
The Producers [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Nathan Lane
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again! Mel Brooks has done it again!, 17 Jun. 2009
This review is from: The Producers [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This DVD has had my laughing since the first time I watched it. Unsure at first, I didn't think I woul like it, and thought I would find it offencive.

Thinking about it, I stick by that - it IS offencive, but in a rather not-offencive way. The idea is that a failed producer Max Bialystock and his unlucky "sidekick", accountant Leo Bloom try to create a musical of "Springtime for Hitler", a gay romp, when they find you can make more money with a flop than with a hit. If the show was a sucsess then they would be found out and go to jail. With help from a ex-nazi, a beautiful swedish receptionist and a gay director, they try to pull it off.

The "Hial Hitler" bits are just for fun, abnd aren't trying to pursuade you to do so, but rather to shock you in a most halarious way. It works, making the musical version of the origanal Mel Brooks film even better.

It's favourite movie, and after showing it to my best friend, it became her favourte too. Together we sing our favourite songs "Have yu heard the German band" and "Springtime for Hitler" creating laughter from our classmates, and making everyone want to watch the film we're raving about.

It's no action, romance or deep-thinking movie - it's just a bit of light-hearted fun for anyone who watches it.