Profile for Tommy > Reviews

Content by Tommy

Tommy "G" (South Coast UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Walking with God: Talk to Him. Hear from Him Really
Walking with God: Talk to Him. Hear from Him Really
by John Eldredge

5.0 out of 5 stars A really practical book, 12 Oct. 2013
Another Eldridge classic, which is both practical and inspiring. Having been a Christian for a number of years, I've never been sure when God has spoken to me. This book has taught me that yes God has been speaking to me in sometimes the most obvious ways, but I just haven't had my eyes and ears focussed in the right direction. I'm no longer deaf towards God.

The Joshua Code: 52 Scripture Verses Every Believer Should Know
The Joshua Code: 52 Scripture Verses Every Believer Should Know
by O. S. Hawkins
Edition: Imitation Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to inspire the habit of meditating on God's word, 12 Oct. 2013
First came across excerpts of this book on the Bible Gateway website and found myself emailing the excerpts to friends for encouragement. Hawkins encourages the reader to memorise a verse a week, with thoughts about the verse which are thought provoking and encourages the reader to not just learn the verse, but to meditate on it also. The verses will be familiar to a lot of people, but Hawkins provides a fresh onsite to the classics as well as equipping the reader in his journey with God.

Burning Lights
Burning Lights

4.0 out of 5 stars These songs won't get lost, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Burning Lights (MP3 Download)
I would have given this album 5 stars, but I'm at a loss what the point of the song Burning Lights is about. Having purchased the MP3 version I thought perhaps Ii hadn't downloaded it properly. Other than that as with other Chris Tomlin classics no doubt it won't be long before these are being sung in many churches around the world. An album which grows on you and one which I enjoy singing along to.

10,000 Reasons
10,000 Reasons

5.0 out of 5 stars a truly reflective song., 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: 10,000 Reasons (MP3 Download)
Although at first I was disappointed that it didn't have the normal energy of rend collective. On reflection its a good song to listen to and reflect on what a great God we have.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 3 Oct. 2013
Easy peasy to install and use. Met my requirements to download apps on my phone.and also copy across files from phone to tablet.

1000 RECIPE COOKBOOK. Recipes for all occasions.
1000 RECIPE COOKBOOK. Recipes for all occasions.
by Isabelle Barrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic Practical Cookbook, 22 Feb. 2013
Although the format is a little dated. It's full of those recepies grandma used to bake.
A good practical book to have in the kitchen

How Great Is Our God. The Essential Collection
How Great Is Our God. The Essential Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Indescribable, 24 Jan. 2013
THoughtI had purchased a bootleg CD when listening to the 1st Track "How great is our God".. Its an amazing international version with contributions around the world. Brought this CD as "Indescribable" is one of my fave Chris Tomlin tracks. Really enjoying this CD as its great for individual worship. Other motorists may think I'm out of the box as I sing out loud as I drive along... It's infectious..

The Guide: Truth Under Attack - Volume 2
The Guide: Truth Under Attack - Volume 2
by Eryl Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars A very practical handbook, 30 Dec. 2012
Often wondered what the difference is between what you as a Christian believe and say a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon. Eryl Davies provides an overview of a number of cults and sects, whilst also explaining the biblical shortfalls of their doctrine. This provides the opportunity to better engage in conversation with members of these cults and sects as you have a better understanding of where they are coming from..

The Guide: Truth Under Attack - Volume 1 (Topical)
The Guide: Truth Under Attack - Volume 1 (Topical)
by Eryl Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I have used so many times, 30 Dec. 2012
I had the original version of Truth under attack and brought this updated version for my son. Eryl Davies has produced a practical handbook which provides an overview of different groups who deviate from biblical christianity. Eryl has taken the time to explain the differences and provide Biblical references to highlight the differences. This is a timely updated version of a good practical tool to assist in better understanding the different groups existing today and providing the opportunity to speak with others in a more informative way.

Letters from God: God's Faithful Promises for You
Letters from God: God's Faithful Promises for You
by Not Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It keeps getting used, 25 Oct. 2012
I've had this book for a number of years now. It has been a great help during times of meditation and focussing the mind to the Lord for inspiration when leading services or talking with people who have challenges in their lives.

Page: 1 | 2