Profile for Booklover > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
A Song of Ice and Fire (5) - A Dance With Dragons: Book 5
A Song of Ice and Fire (5) - A Dance With Dragons: Book 5

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 10 July 2013
A great story you can really get lost in. Plots which flow well and characters you can really feel for. Everyone has their own agenda and ideas about what's going on, nobody knows everything. I like that.

Tyrion's story line really stood out for me in this book. He's such a great character I enjoyed reading about.

I was so sad when I finished this book, i want more!! I try not to read series until they are completed for this reason, but I had heard such good things about it, I had to know what all the talk was about. I have not been let down at all, it's been an amazing journey and I look forward to continuing in the future. Thank you

Gridlinked (Agent Cormac Book 1)
Gridlinked (Agent Cormac Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 10 July 2013
Entertaining sci fi. I like that humans are being ruled by AI's and the explanation as to why this is. At the beginning of each chapter it gives you a bit of information about the society humans have in the future and different technologies that have been developed. Agent Cormac has been linked to the AI's for too long (gridlinked) and needs to learn to be human again while on a mission of great importance. Light, easy going and entertaining.

The Twelve: The Passage Trilogy Book 2
The Twelve: The Passage Trilogy Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 10 July 2013
A great follow on from 'The Passage.' I liked that we were again witness to the end of the world as we know it. Instead of starting many years in the future where the first book finished we were taken back and get to meet a few people who lived through this terrible time and what they did and how they dealt with it. It then again takes us forward to the survivors decendants and the story continues.

Great characters you can really feel for and a dark interesting plot. Great ideas and I look forward to the next in the series :-)

Redemption Ark (Revelation Space Sequence)
Redemption Ark (Revelation Space Sequence)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't want this series to end, 10 July 2013
This series is exciting, enjoyable, very interesting and captivating. The main characters from the first book 'Revelation Space' are back and trying to help the settlers of Resurgam against the Inhibitors.

We get to find out more about the different factions of humanity and I loved learning about the conjoiners! Many amazing ideas!! So impressed.

A great series I am seriously enjoying. There are still 2 books left, but already i'm thinking 'I don't want this to end!!!!!

Chasm City
Chasm City

5.0 out of 5 stars Great author, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Chasm City (Kindle Edition)
Another great book from Alastair Reynolds. Another 5 star from me!!

Revelation Space and Chasm City are linked in small and significant ways, but it is a completely different story with new characters and a different 'feel' to it.

We get to meet the Ultras again, in a minor role this time and learn more about Sky's Edge, it's past, founding and constant wars.

A great book x

Revelation Space (S.F. Masterworks)
Revelation Space (S.F. Masterworks)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 July 2013
This book was a pleasure to read, I have read books by this author before and must admit I love his style. The characters are well written (and I like that they are not perfect or even particularly likable, but Alastair Reynolds beings you round to liking them somehow) and the future described is amazing, inspiring and absorbing.

This book is classed as 'hard sci-fi' (with a bit of space opera). It's hard to pull off a great hard sci fi book that you can really connect with and loose yourself in, I find some to be a bit 'dry' and tedious (not to say that I don't enjoy them, I appreciate them for what they are) but Alastair Reynolds completely avoids this and makes it interesting and engaging with many dimensions. The weapons specialist Ilia Volyova aboard the star ship Nostalgia for Infinity is a great character all on her own, I enjoyed reading about her life and happenings/activities on Infinity. There is deception, mysteries, plagues and shocking revelations! A great book I have thoroughly enjoyed. x

Memories of Ice: (Malazan Book of the Fallen: Book 3) (The Malazan Book Of The Fallen)

4.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 10 July 2013
There is no other word for this book, it was epic!! A complex, vast and in depth story with amazing characters. I couldn't even begin to describe the overall story line.

I gave it 4 stars because although it was great it was a bit too complicated for me at times. I missed a few important things that I only reaslised I had missed towards the end of the book. A great book and a really good series so far x

Prador Moon
Prador Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Sci fi, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Prador Moon (Kindle Edition)
Prador Moon is the first book I have read by this author and I was very, very impressed!! Action packed and it has a great sci fi feel I'm always looking for. Nothing too complicated or technical like some science fiction books, just fun.

I loved the characters and technology. Great aliens and really good ideas. I plan to read more by this author 10/10 Highly recommend x

Final Days
Final Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Final Days (Kindle Edition)
This is a great story. Full of action and a good pace. All characters and plots are relevant and enhance the overall story.

I loved the ideas for wormhole travel and the alien buildings they find in the future. I actually wish there had been more story lines for when they are exploring the alien buildings, but looking back it would not have provided anything extra towards the story line, it would have just been interesting. I realy enjoyed this book x

Cresyn CS-CH300 Clip-On Headphones / Sports Running Earphones 3.5mm Jack Universal Compatibility for iPod MP3 MP4 iPhone iPad Apple Android Samsung Nokia HTC Blackberry (Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts longer than other similar headphones, 10 July 2013
I Use headphones all the time and go through them quite quickly. I like this style best and have found these have lasted much longer than others I have tried.

Worth the money, comfortable, my ears never hurt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10