Profile for Gary Kitchen > Reviews

Content by Gary Kitchen

Gary Kitchen "gazkitch" (Wakefield)

Page: 1 | 2
Tech21 Impact Snap Case with Cover for Sony Xperia Z - White
Tech21 Impact Snap Case with Cover for Sony Xperia Z - White

1.0 out of 5 stars The write up for this product is mis-leading! Do ..., 3 April 2015
The write up for this product is mis-leading! Do not purchase if you have an Xperia Z3 ... the case won't fit your phone... don't say I didn't warn you!

Home Alone [Blu-ray] [1990] [Region Free]
Home Alone [Blu-ray] [1990] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Macaulay Culkin
Offered by rsdvd

1.0 out of 5 stars A great family film, 8 Dec. 2014
A great family film .... But the picture quality on the blu-ray is dire! Save yourself some money and get the standard DVD edition!

Spirit World Wisdom
Spirit World Wisdom

1.0 out of 5 stars Starts off very promisingly, then lost my interest when ..., 20 Aug. 2014
Starts off very promisingly, then lost my interest when it talked about spirits choosing to reincarnate as animals and the possibility of extra terrestrial beings spying on earth disguised as clouds?! Have now deleted from my Kindle!

The Odyssey
The Odyssey
Dvd ~ Armand Assante
Offered by Retro Rebel Gaming

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice tin... pity about the rest of it!, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Odyssey (DVD)
I bought this edition cos I'm a BIG McQueen fan, and I collect Steel tin blu-rays.

As previoulsy stated, the film transfer is not up to blu-ray standard, and you only get one disc with no extras! BE AWARE:- The inner sleeve of the tin is not the one shown on the Amazon website :-(

So, overall... a GREAT film, but it has not been given the restoration on blu-ray it so rightly derserved!!!

The Man Who Sold The World
The Man Who Sold The World

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for the die-hards!, 1 May 2013
This is not one of DB's finest moments in my opinion! I have tried to listen to this album on countless occasions, but I just don't "dig it!" Some of the lyrics are "cringe worthy" in places and some of the arangements questionable?! The Man Who Sold The World track is the one highlight on the album! Thank goodness he went on to greater things!!!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2016 9:33 AM BST

Delta Machine
Delta Machine
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars DM.... back on song!!!, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Delta Machine (Audio CD)
This is the third album produced by Ben Hillier. He has often divided opinion amongst long term DM fans... mainly on the production front. However, this time around the "Basildon Boys" have brought back "Flood" to do the the final mix and have added the programming skills of Christoffer Berg... and "boy" does it show!

"Alone" is the outstanding track on this album, and will in time probably be given legendary DM status. It has other strong contenders in "You Should be Higher"... "Broken" ..."Welcome to My World"... "Secret to the End" ..."Soothe My Soul"

It is worth buying the Deluxe Edition purely for the track "Always" ...amazing!!! (the other three tracks are very good as well).

Sterling work boys! The best album since "Ultra" imho.

The Lost Sirens [LP + CD] [VINYL]
The Lost Sirens [LP + CD] [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Just another day.... in the life of a Superstar, 5 Mar. 2013
I have been a long time fan of New Order, and to be honest didn't really have very high expectations of this current release. However, I was very surprised with the quality of the tracks. The standout track for me has to be "Sugarcane." It's pure "pop magic" ....I can't stop playing it! In fact the cd is on constant rotation at the moment. Overall, it's a fitting finale to New Order's legacy!!!

Leitz A3 Touch Laminator, High Performance, High Speed, Glossy White/Grey, iLam, 74741000
Offered by Don Ruffles

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples!!!, 1 Jan. 2013
A brilliant piece of kit! Easy as 1-2-3 to use ....highly recommended. A trouble-free purchase, buy with confidence ....a GREAT Laminator.

Invincible
Invincible
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars His last masterpiece!!!, 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I recently started buying "Jacko's" back catalogue ...after reading the excellent Frank Cascio book. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this album. The first seven tracks are "pure gold" ....and the album is worth purchasing just for the track "Butterflies" alone. On a downside, I would say that the album is quite "ballad laden," but don't let this put you off purchasing, as it has at least 8 quality tracks to compensate. Recommend!!!

Moab Is My Washpot
Moab Is My Washpot
by Stephen Fry

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter drivel, 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Moab Is My Washpot (Paperback)
I bought this book because I have always found Stephen Fry very entertaining on television ....and enjoyed his smart intellect. I was hoping to find out how he coped with his bio-polar ...being a fellow sufferer, but ended up having to concede after the first two chapters! A BIG disappointment!

Page: 1 | 2