Profile for Andrew Whitfield > Reviews

Andrew Whitfield

New York Cult Recipes
New York Cult Recipes
by Marc Grossman

5.0 out of 5 stars I arm wrestled my partner over the purchase of this ..., 25 April 2016
This review is from: New York Cult Recipes (Hardcover)
I arm wrestled my partner over the purchase of this one as it's not my style of cooking. She however loves it.

Brother 12MM Black On White 4M Labelling Tape
Brother 12MM Black On White 4M Labelling Tape

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 April 2016
Does exactly what is required from it.

Studio Logic Sledge Keyboard Padded Carry Case
Studio Logic Sledge Keyboard Padded Carry Case
Offered by The Piano Accessory Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 April 2016
Fits perfectly; shame it's not yellow!

Benares: Michelin Starred Cooking
Benares: Michelin Starred Cooking
by Atul Kochhar

5.0 out of 5 stars what did they expect from a book like this?, 25 April 2016
Lovely book. Puzzled by some feedback pointing out that some ingredients are hard to source; what did they expect from a book like this?

3M Privacy Filter for 13 inch Widescreen MacBook Pro 16: 10 with Retina Display
3M Privacy Filter for 13 inch Widescreen MacBook Pro 16: 10 with Retina Display

3.0 out of 5 stars Whilst it does the job I'm not sure it's as good as the previous one, 25 April 2016
I bought this to replace a lost one. Whilst it does the job I'm not sure it's as good as the previous one.

Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes
Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes
by Ching-He Huang

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 April 2014
Having seen her on TV and being a fan of this region of cookery I opted buy. Not disappointed but would have to warn that some of the recipes in this (and her other book I own; Chinese Food Made Easy) could be deemed 'hot' to the un-initiated taste buds. Without doubt, much more the easy on the eye than Ken Hom but he still tops it for me.

Historic Heston
Historic Heston
by Heston Blumenthal

5.0 out of 5 stars One to buy!, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Historic Heston (Hardcover)
What can you say, the man is a total genius. This book is a delight to own and read, well put together and a beautiful addition to any bookshelf. Heston is without doubt my favourite chef; the majority of his creations I would not even attempt. That being said, the very fact that he does is testament to his skill. There are a couple in this book that are infinitely 'do-able' with a little patience but like a lot of his creations, they require a laboratory, an army of helpers and the skill of a brain surgeon. That being said, I love it; worth every penny paid!

The Good Cook
The Good Cook
by Simon Hopkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but a little disappointed ........., 2 April 2014
This review is from: The Good Cook (Hardcover)
My partner and I are avid food fanatics and own a number of quality recipe books. Having been a fan of the TV series and having tried a couple of the recipes already, we really looked forward to getting this book (we have others by him as well). Whilst the book is excellent and we will certainly use it, one of the most practical recipes, that we have already completed namely Roast Chicken, isn't in the book? We found this strange as I personally would have thought that it would have followed the TV series quite closely. Would have loved to have given it five stars but don't feel I can. Sorry Simon.

Elements of trigonometry, plane and spherical, with its application to navigation and surveying, nautical and practical astronomy and geodesy, with ... tables ... By the Rev. C. W. Hackley.
by Michigan Historical Reprint Series

5.0 out of 5 stars ......., 27 July 2006
Hats off to Rev Hacking who needs to be congratulated on yet another seismic contribution to intergalactic contrifribualiations!

Although, preliminary rudimentary & fundamentally pertinent by means of approach, one must establish its practical employ above level procession as unmovable obligatory ethics.

I found this tome grasped me with its evocative wristalisation patterns in turbonic rotothynthesis, yet meticulously 1st perspective dimension statistical and almost quintessential anecdotal narratives that made me feel almost emotional

He eloquently outlines the ascendancy of the moon, together with its relative juxtaposition with Jupiter and Mars, leading to the deliciously salacious conclusion that there is a new alignment with Jupiter and Mars, thus heralding a new dawn within Aquarius. This eminently readable biopic is an essential handbook for both practioneers and students and would also appeal to others who have pseudonistic aspirations and would seriously rival the karma sutra'