Profile for David > Reviews

Content by David

David (SPECTRE Island)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Life and Times of a Doctor Who Dummy: Doctor Who: My Part In His Second Regeneration

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable book written by an Auton, 24 May 2015
Spearhead From Space was Jon Pertwee's first stories as the Doctor. It was also the first Doctor Who story to be transmitted in colour. The author Robin Squire played the lead Auton in this story. The Autons are one of my favourite Doctor Who monsters so I was keen to read a book written by someone who actually played one. .

In The Life And Times Of A Doctor Who Dummy Robin tells of his time of Doctor Who and the journey that lead him to appear in one of my all time favourite Doctor Who stories. Unlike so many other autobiographical book the author does not get bogged down with "I loved working with... but I couldn't stand such and such". Instead you get an interesting and well written book by someone who is obviously very proud to be part of Doctor Who. There are a number of photos in it - some from Spearhead From Space and others from the authors own personal collection.

So all in all a very enjoyable book. I read it in a couple of days. Robin Squire has written several other non Doctor Who books which I look forward to reading.

BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills
BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for picking up poo, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Cleaning up dog poo is not one of the more enjoyable things in life. One of my pet (no pun intended) hates is people who let their dogs foul the streets or parks and just don't bother to clear it up. The phrase "there is no such thing as a bad dog just a bad owner" springs to mind. These BecoThings poo bags are ideal for picking up dog (or cat come to think of it) poo. They are strong and easy to use, there is nothing worse than trying to pick up dog poo with poor quality poo bags. So if your dog fouls the street you have no excuse not to pick up its poo with these excellent bags.

The Breath Co Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Lozenges - Mandarin Mint, 72 Pieces
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Dry Mouth Lozenges - Mandarin Mint, 72 Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars A tasty lozenge, 13 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love sweets and my teeth have suffered as a result. So I was looking forward to trying these Mouth Wetting Dry Mouth Lozenges. Made by the Breath Co, these sweets taste rather nice. As for making my breath fresher - I havn't had anyone turn away from me gagging and these sweets do leave a nice taste in my mouth. So I just need to have my tooth brush ready before I have another one of these tasty lozenges.

Saw IV
Saw IV
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars German dvd is cut, 2 May 2015
This review is from: Saw IV (DVD)
Firstly let me make it clear the 2 stars are for the dvd itself and not the film. Saw 4 is an excellent entry into the Saw series. This is the German dvd whcih does play in English Language. My main gripe is that the dvd is cut and cut badly. Almost every scene of gore has had bit removed. One of the main attractions of the Saw films are the traps and the gore (yes I do enjoy a good gory horror film) and to have these scenes hacked to pieces (no pun intended) ruins the films. In fact the only good thing about this dvd is the very nice cover art. So if you want to watch Saw 4 then avoid this release and go for the UK dvd release instead.

Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio - Baby Blue
Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio - Baby Blue
Offered by ExpressPro

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice piece of retro, 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My Nan used to have a radio like this which you would tune by turning a dial to the station you wanted to listen to. So I was pleased to get this Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio which is very similar to my Nan's old radio. This is a nice radio which is really easy to use. There are no tricky buttons to press so it can be tuned in. You can either have FM or AM by just pressing the relevant button on the top of the radio. Then you just twist the tone button to the station you would like to listen to. The sound quality is excellent. The design of the radio is very nice. It comes in a nice blue colour and has a handle to carry it around. So all in all a nice piece of kit which brought back some happy memories.

I'm Travelling Alone
I'm Travelling Alone
by Samuel Bjork

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent debut, 26 April 2015
This review is from: I'm Travelling Alone (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm Travelling Alone is the debut novel by Norwegian author Samuel Bjork. The plot concerns a suicidal ex-detective called Mia Kruger (no relation to Freddy) who is enlisted by her ex partner Holger Munch to work one final case. A six year old girl has been found hanging from a tree. Around her neck is a tag with the words "I'm travelling alone". Can Mia's brilliant mind fathan out the deranged killer before more people die.

I enjoy Scandinavian crime books and I'm Travelling Alone is no exception. Author Samuel Bjork has created a pair of interesting characters in Kruger and Munch, as well as a deranged killer. The plot is interesting with a number of nice twists. This book is apparantly the first in a series and I look forward to reading more of Samuel Bjork's books.

4 mouches de velours gris - Blu-Ray
4 mouches de velours gris - Blu-Ray
Offered by Meganet France

4.0 out of 5 stars French Argento blu ray., 23 April 2015
Four Flies On Grey Velvet is not one of Dario Argento's more well known movies. This French blu ray is uncut and in widescreen. The print is excellent and the film stars Michael Brandon (Dempsey And Makepeace, Doctor Who, Hustle and numerous other tv shows). The blu ray is region B coded and plays in English Language. The packaging is in French and features the original poster art. In fact the only slightly annoying point is the non removable French subtitles. Apart from that this is a very enjoyable early Dario Argento Giallo film (his third film) and well worth watching.

Tenebre (Blu Ray)
Tenebre (Blu Ray)
Dvd ~ Daria Nicolodi, John Steiner, John Saxon Anthony Franciosa

4.0 out of 5 stars French blu ray, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Tenebre (Blu Ray) (Blu-ray)
Tenebre is my favorite Dario Argento film. I was hooked on the film when I watched it on video many years ago. This is a typical Argento film with some fantastic gory murders and set pieces. The original UK video (Videomedia I think released it) was banned as a video nasty. The French blu ray has a fantastic quality print with great picture and sound. The blu ray is also uncut and region B coded and will play on UK machines. In fact the only down side to this blu ray is the non removable French sub titles which is a tad annoying. The packaging is also in french but the film plays in English. So all in all an excellent blu ray of a fantastic Dario Agento film.

Maclaren Harmony Cinnamon and Clove Candle
Maclaren Harmony Cinnamon and Clove Candle

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice and refreshing scent., 23 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Maclaren Harmony and Clove Candle is a nice product. I found the scent nice and refreshing. This continues to smell nice when the candle is lit but is not too overpowering. The candle has around 30 hours burning time and comes nicely presented in a glass container. This candle is not the cheapest on the market but adds a refreshing scent to the room and is ideal when relaxing after a tough day.

Undeniable - Claire Goose & Peter Firth - As Seen on ITV1 [DVD]
Undeniable - Claire Goose & Peter Firth - As Seen on ITV1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Firth

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ITV thriller with a superb cast, 23 April 2015
In 1991 Jane witnessed her Mother's murder and saw her killers face. Twenty-three years later Jane (played superbly by Claire Goose - Death In Paradise, Waking The Dead and The Secret Smile) is now married with a daughter. She is still haunted by her Mother's murder and the killers face. One day she goes to the local hospital for a routine check up and while she comes face to face with a man who she is convinced is her Mother's killer. That man is Andrew Rawlings (Peter Firth - Spooks) a doctor and family man. Jane is convinced he is the killer, but is he in fact innocent ?

Undeniable is an enjoyable thriller shown in two parts. To be honest the second part does seem a little rushed and would have been better suited as a three parter. But I really enjoyed it and thought the supporting cast which includes Pippa Haywood (The Brittas Empire and Scott & Bailey) and Robert Pugh (Doctor Who, The Lakes and The Shadow Line) were excellent as were the main actors. The picture and sound quality are excellent but there are no extra features which is a shame. So all in all and very good enjoyable ITV thriller and well worth watching.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20