Profile for Alison Rose > Reviews

Content by Alison Rose

Alison Rose "AP" (Swindon Wilts)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Bodies - Series 2 & Finale [DVD][2005]
Bodies - Series 2 & Finale [DVD][2005]
Dvd ~ Max Beesley
Offered by alentertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply one of the best TV shows EVER!, 21 Oct. 2009
This really is excellent drama - great stories, fantastic acting and very complex characters.
I have suggested to so many people that they watch this and not one has been disappointed.
Keith Allen is just brilliant and Max Beasley really delivers.
I can not say enough how good this is.

He Took My Kidney, Then Broke My Heart
He Took My Kidney, Then Broke My Heart
by Dave Spikey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny!, 21 Oct. 2009
I was not really aware of Dave Spikey until I heard him on Radio Five Live the other day - he was hilarious - I had to almost pull the car over I was laughing so much.
This book is a collection of local newspaper stories that he comments on - its very funny indeed and the headlines are just genius!
Laugh out loud funny and a great buy.

Let the Right One In
Let the Right One In
by John Ajvide Lindqvist

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange one............, 21 July 2009
This review is from: Let the Right One In (Paperback)
Having really enjoyed the film I thought I would give the book a read!
First impression - God its long!
Second impression - gripping!
However I have to say some of the content shocked me - I almost stopped at one point as I felt a little uncomfortable reading it - but am going to plough on to the end!
A mixed bag!

As Easy As Pi: Stuff about numbers that isn't (just) maths
As Easy As Pi: Stuff about numbers that isn't (just) maths
by Jamie Buchan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Number of The Beast!, 21 July 2009
My maths knowledge is not great - in fact ratios bring me out in a cold sweat!
But this book really is interesting........not boring sums and stuff this really does make numbers fun!
As an example - 7 - why is the number 7 everywhere........7 Deadly Sins, 7 Heavenly Virtues, 7 Wonders of The World - this book will tell you!
Also 666 the number of the beast - can you believe there was a highway in the USA numbered 666 - its now the 491!
Well worth a look.

The Little Book of Twitter: Get Tweetwise!
The Little Book of Twitter: Get Tweetwise!
by Tim Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars It WAS a mystery to me!, 18 May 2009
Everyone is talking about Twitter...........and I did not have a clue - this book was just what I needed.
Am up and tweeting now!
Very amusing little book which has a mixture of practical information on the actual process of Tweeting and some funny information in as well - classic books in Twitter form is really funny!

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great................., 21 Oct. 2008
I bought this with great anticipation - have recently been to USA and these books are huge there so I thought I would take a chance and buy the first in the series - I enjoyed it very much but was slightly let down as I the hype lead me to believe that this was going to be a fantastic read!
I loved the vampire characters - especially Edward (obviously) - but I did find the lead girl Bella to be a bit of a drip to be honest - she got on my wick a little.
But overall a great read - and I would def buy the next book in the series.
Looking forward to the film!!!!!

My Grammar and I (Or Should That Be 'Me'?): Old-School Ways to Sharpen Your English
by Caroline Taggart

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 21 Oct. 2008
I bought I Before E and I Used to Know That earlier in the year as I need to brush up spelling, general knowledge etc as my godchildren keep asking me awkward homework questions!!!! I had an email from Amazon recommending this book so for a fiver I thought why not!
Very interesting read, I have to say I opened it with a great deal of fear as I always thought Grammar was a bit of a bore - but this book was both funny and informative - that has to be a first when it comes to Grammar :)
Broken down into basic chapters such as spellings and confusables, sentence structure, punctuation, speech and my own personal favourite odds and sods I now feel I know what I am talking about - hopefully my godchildren will now think I am genius!
This is a lovely book - a very nice Xmas gift I would have thought!

My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography
My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography
by Roger Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming................., 21 Oct. 2008
My sister is a major Roger Moore fan so I bought this for her as an early Christmas present - I have to say I had a sneaky peak and once I started reading I could not put it down - loved it - what a charming read it was. A great tone and it was just so funny. This is a proper autobiography by someone who has lead a life and a half. I love old fashioned Hollywood stories and there are plenty in here to keep me happy.
Will have to buy a new copy for my sister as this one is staying firmly on my bookcase!

The Ghost
The Ghost
by Robert Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear............, 5 Sept. 2008
This review is from: The Ghost (Paperback)
Have never read Robert Harris before and a friend gave me this to try - won't be going back for more.
It was just too dull for words - did we really care about the characters - I don't think so.
One to borrow rather than buy!

All Balls and Glitter: My Life
All Balls and Glitter: My Life
by Craig Revel Horwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Darling................, 5 Sept. 2008
Got this yesterday and have just finished - really good read!
Not all about Strictly as there is so much more to Craig than that - but enough Strictly for the fan.
What a life this man has had - I'm not going to include spoilers in this review you will have to read it for yourself - but its a page turner that is for sure!
Nice glittery bits on the cover :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3