Profile for Dario > Reviews

Content by Dario

Dario "Dario" (Essex England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Scanpan Impact 20 cm Egg Poaching Set
Scanpan Impact 20 cm Egg Poaching Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Egg Poacher Pan - Built to last, 31 Jan. 2016
This egg poacher is well made and built to last. There are four egg containers that slot into a stainless steel tray. The insides of the containers are lined with non-stick material and the outside's are made of heavy gauge stainless steel.
Unfortunately when my poacher arrived the tray had scratches and marks on it. This was not acceptable because it cost so much so I returned it back to Amazon requesting a replacement.

The reason that I bought such an expensive Egg Poacher was because the ones that I owned would fall apart. They all had a plastic knob on the glass lid which was kept in place by a washer and a screw on the underside.
Being poorly made water would collect in the gaps between the fittings so when the poacher wasn't being used the water would stagnate and the poacher would become unhygienic. The only way to get the water out was to remove the lid fittings completely and clean it. This was not only time consuming but had to be done often. With the Scanpan the lid has a handle and it is held in place by two small non rusting water tight mountings so water never gets into the fittings because its so well sealed.

The main pan has a large handle which is riveted to it so it won't come away whereas my previous poachers used screws that gradually worked loose and had to be re-tightened. Because they used inferior metal they were prone to rust even with constant cleaning.

Cheaply made inferior egg poachers will not wear well and probably have to be discarded and replaced. Over the long term a cheap poacher will turn out to be expensive. The Scanpan on the other hand is very well made and will last the test of time. I'm sure that this poacher will probably outlast me and be passed on to future generations. I've not seen a better product than this and can heartily recommend it.

BT H41 Binaural Corded Headset for Desk Phone
BT H41 Binaural Corded Headset for Desk Phone
Offered by Handset Solutions Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, 31 Jan. 2016
This item arrived looking robust and well designed. I connected it to the headset socket of my BT corded landline and called a friend. The first thing that happened was that my friend could not hear me properly. There is a switch on the device which allows you to set it with the equipment that you are using so I moved the switch (with a small slotted screwdriver provided) and followed the instruction booklet. I selected the appropriate setting for my BT phone then I called my friend again. He still could not hear me clearly even though I was speaking as close to the microphone as I could get. I tried using the device on a second BT corded phone and the result was the same even though I tried different switch settings in the end I gave up.

I will also add that wearing the headset was not comfortable especially if you are going to be on the phone for some time, and it didn't feel nice or sit evenly over my ears. It is possible that I had a faulty unit but after trying this headset several times I decided to return it back to Amazon for a refund.

Beethoven: The Complete String Quartets [DVD] [NTSC] [2014]
Beethoven: The Complete String Quartets [DVD] [NTSC] [2014]
Dvd ~ Belcea Quartet

5.0 out of 5 stars And they started playing....., 20 Jan. 2016
And they started playing Opus.18 String Quartet No.5 and from here on its all systems go....
This String Quartet can do no wrong Beethoven is safe with them and they are safe with Beethoven. The playing is quite outstanding. The readings are very mature. The Belcea Quartet take a different approach with their interpretation of these works and the result is that they bring out the spiritual wisdom and beauty, the suffering and compassion that is at the heart of Beethoven's masterful music.
The sound is wonderfully recorded and it is a perfect listening experience which can also be watched time and time again.

I have the DVD version of these Performances and the sound is excellent also the picture quality is very good.

I cannot add anything more to the great things that have already been said by others about these performances but what I will say is that if you like string quartets and if you like Beethoven then this is going to be a worthy buy and if you have never listened to string quartets or Beethoven, especially in the Chamber music dimension then this is a good place to start.

Brahms: String Sextet 1 & 2
Brahms: String Sextet 1 & 2

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so beautiful, 18 Jan. 2016
These recordings are outstanding performances of the Brahms String Sextets. The playing and the mood is beautiful. The sound is lovely. I have given this five stars because it merits it. A wonderful listening experience with a wonderful Ensemble.

TomTom GO 6100 6 inch Sat Nav with World Maps (Sim Card and Unlimited Data Included) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not one of TomToms best, 19 Dec. 2015
I have owned a TomTom ever since they brought out the GO700 and that was 10+ years ago. During that period I upgraded to the newer more advanced TomTom devices and I have done it again with the latest 6100 unfortunately I am finding this device the worst unit that TomTom have made to date.
The life time services are great and I applaud them for doing that in fact its the best thing about this device. I have had this unit for two months now and I have grown to loath using it. Its incredibly slow starting up. Its like a computer you bought a decade ago where you can make yourself a cup of coffee whilst the thing loads only in this case your sitting waiting in your car so you better not be in an hurry to get anywhere.

The voice control commands are a real pain. They either end up not responding correctly or just stop functioning completely. I speak reasonably good English: so when I say "Zoom in" it answers.. "I didn't recognize that command...", and I repeat, "ZOOM IN" and it answers, "I'm sorry I didn't recognize that command, you can say..." and so it goes on truly fatiguing and dare I say it? It can be very distracting to the driver due to its slow functionality and faulty responses so take care.

There is no indicator light to show that its charging ( a red light) or has charged fully (a green light) I feel that its quite mean of the manufacturers to have cut corners omitting this especially when they have included the feature on previous models. Worst of all the power button is virtually undetectable in the dark because it sits flush with the casing so you cannot feel it or press it easily, I guess the major benefit of this shortcoming is that the unit will stay on when you reach your destination and you want to leave the car, being a bright screen you can use the light to find your way back to your home in the dark and then seek out the power button when you get indoors.

Navigating the command structure of the menus has been changed a lot and is not very nice and easy to use as it has been on previous models. Some of the menu names and features are bewildering to use and make no sense. As I said previously the voice control command names can be very confusing. A couple of years back it was "Navigate to a favorite." now its something else and TomTom keep changing the command names with different models instead of staying consistent, they seem to be stuck in settling down on what the most appropriate English command names should be. You never know perhaps one day they may get the unit to ask: "Do you want to use a route from your saved list or plan a new journey!" Oh my goodness that would be far to easy!!!

Personally, from a cosmetic point of view I think that this unit looks big and bulky and not very elegant looking.
All in all I find it a great disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2015 11:14 AM GMT

Fender 099 0525 Premium Plush with Micro Fibre Polishing Cloth - Gray
Fender 099 0525 Premium Plush with Micro Fibre Polishing Cloth - Gray
Offered by HW Music Megastores

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cloth but Apocalyptic packaging, 24 Sept. 2015
The cloth is thick and is very good and very soft but please BEWARE of the packaging this is not so good.

The cloth is attached to a piece of cardboard with two very small nylon clips and another clip keeps the cloth folded together.
I thought that when I removed these clips the spiked ends had snapped off and fallen away but they didn't. The result was that a couple of the clips remained deeply buried and hidden in the cloth fibers so you can't see them.
If I hadn't rubbed my hand over the cloth to feel its softness I wouldn't have realized that the nylon clip ends with the sharp spikes were still there so polishing the guitar with it would have ended in disaster - Its a chilling thought of the damage that might have happened so be very careful and check the cloth thoroughly to see that all of the clips have been removed. Other than that, this is a great cloth.

Taylor Fretboard Oil, 2 oz.
Taylor Fretboard Oil, 2 oz.
Offered by Sound Affects

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Taylor product it made my fret board look perfect, 14 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Taylor Fretboard Oil, 2 oz.
Great Taylor product it made my fret board look perfect.

Did you guys know that you can clean your fret boards and make them look brilliant and new by using 0000 ultra fine wire wool, that's 0000 only.
I got this info directly from Taylor guitars. It works brilliantly and it doesn't scratch or mark the wood or the inlay of the neck, you always rub in the direction of the wood grain and of course you rub gently. BUT you wouldn't use it on anything else on your guitar just the fret board and not the sides of the neck or the varnished underside of the neck.

Taylor Guitar Polish, 4 oz
Taylor Guitar Polish, 4 oz
Offered by Sound Affects

5.0 out of 5 stars Great polish for cleaning your guitars, 14 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Taylor Guitar Polish, 4 oz
Another great product from Taylor this polish made my Taylor acoustic look tremendous. I wonder if I could use it on a Gibson electric semi acoustic guitar?

Ernie Ball ep04118 Crank for Guitar Strings
Ernie Ball ep04118 Crank for Guitar Strings

5.0 out of 5 stars This might seem like a novelty but I bought one and its an ..., 14 Sept. 2015
This might seem like a novelty but I bought one and its an absolute blessing. I use it regularly for myself and I used it when I helped my friend to restring all of his fourteen guitars collection.
Unlike some others who have put reviews about the tool on here, I have not had any issues or bad problems with it and after removing and restringing at least seventeen guitars in one day that's over Two Hundred forward/reverse operations the double AA batteries still retain their high power. Its well worth having.

Guitar Stand | Designed for Acoustic, Electric, Bass Guitars, Ukuleles, Mandolins | Ultra Lightweight Aluminium Adjustable A-Frame | Stable Foldable Industrial Design | Solid Cradle Base | Life Time Warranty
Offered by Brixworkwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Lightweight Stand, 14 Sept. 2015
Lovely useful little stand. Easy to carry to gigs and super fast to assemble. I recommended one to my friend and he bought three.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5