Profile for A. Forrest > Reviews

Content by A. Forrest

A. Forrest "rooster769" (Midland UK)

Page: 1 | 2
DIGIFLEX High Intensity 28 LED Head Torch Water Resistant With 4 Brightness Modes
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute crap and waste of money!, 10 Feb. 2015
Absolute crap. No instructions, no identifiable way of turning it on and once I had turned the wrong side of the battery compartment thinking it was the on off switch, all the wires were hanging out. Very poor seals on the battery compartment; I don't think it would be waterproof! Also, no invoice or paperwork with the delivery means it's was a bad purchase.

Nikon 2137 AF Nikkor 50 mm F/1.8 D FX Full Frame Prime Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Offered by Matik

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Prime lens, 8 April 2011
This is the first 'prime' lens that I have bought, and did so because of the reviews on this site. Images on my D90 are razor sharp, depth of field unbelievable ( for a lens of this price) and I find quite sturdy, despite pervious criticisms. I an not a Pro Photographer, but i would say that this is an essential bit of kit for those that want to have a lens that is pin sharp and (or) who wants to get back to basics regarding composition as it makes you move around as opposing to using a zoom lens.

I would point out that this lens does NOT have an auto focus motor within it. If you have a camera that only uses AF lenses to auto focus, you will be able to use this lens perfectly well, but you will have to focus manually. Not a problem really, given the results you will yield. For cameras with a built in auto focus motor (like the D90 models and above) you have to adjust the aperture settings on the camera manually, if your require, but focusing will be automatic.

10/10 for me, for the price. I feel that it is a well made, solid product, but you will need a lens cover/UV filter to protect the main lens.

AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories - Black
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, what a bargain., 22 Mar. 2011
Well packaged, delivered the next day and excellent quality. I have used ' Crumpler' bags for years and needed a 'sac, with compartments, and an very happy with this. The price does not reflect the quality (as long as you dont mind the zips logo'd AMAZON; I dont at all!). easily big enough to take my D90, D40X, 4 lenses, remote, caps, corkscrew (just in case...!?) 2 chargers, some other misc. stuff and an emergency can of beer. All padding is deep and comfy, has a waist belt for those carrying some weight and even a chest strap for those thin enough for it to clip together. All in all, a good bit of kit, definitely worth a chuck at £30 delivered! How long it will last remains to be seen, but for the price.........

Master Class Deluxe Stainless Steel Potato Ricer, 31 cm (12")
Master Class Deluxe Stainless Steel Potato Ricer, 31 cm (12")

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Mar. 2009
Simple. Boil potatoes, drain, put through this ricer, stir in butter and Voila, smooth and creamy mash with next to no effort. Quite good fun to use as well or is that just cause I am a bloke???

Excellent and well worth the money.

Breo Sport Save The Children 'Roam' 18cm red digital watch
Breo Sport Save The Children 'Roam' 18cm red digital watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, but......, 9 Mar. 2009
After reading all the reviews, I thought this was a great idea for a cheap watch that looked stylish and minimalistic. I received it and it fits fine, it is easy to set up and, I think, looks quite good. Until I was hounded by family and friends asking what the hell it was, where did I get it?, saying it looked girly and then my mother in law exclaiming that it looked like it had come out of either a) a chrismas cracker or b) a teenage girls magazine.

It was then that I started wearing my Casio G-Shock again. Sorry Breo, nice idea and worth £10 in my view, but not worth the comments and pi** taking I received from wearing it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2009 9:22 PM GMT

iPhone 2G iPhone 3G iPhone 3GS RHoS & CE Marked Car Charger 12 & 24 Volt HIGH QUALITY

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 6 Dec. 2008
After deciding to take a bit of a punt on this, it arrived quickly. There was no details of any warranty and looked a bit cheap on first inspection. I need a car charger as I am a truck driver and it is useful to have adapters that are able to run off 24 volts because of use in my truck. First time I used this, however, it exploded on me! There was a very loud bang and lots of smoke. I dismantled it myself and all the electronics had exploded. I would not advise anyone to buy this as it may very well affect the circuitry in your new iPhone or iPod if connected. I am just lucky that mine was not connected when I plugged it in. Be Warned!!! i have given in one star as you are unable to zero-rate it.

Truckers' Handbook: Everything a Truck Driver Needs While Out on the Road
Truckers' Handbook: Everything a Truck Driver Needs While Out on the Road
by Lisa Marie Melbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for all drivers, 17 Jan. 2007
This book is great (and small enough to carry with you at all times). It has loads of info on the safe operation of your vehicle, various types of gearboxes, tacho's etc and offers advice on how all of these operate. Subjects like first aid, driving hours, accident management etc are also included and all together provides a very useful source of information for old and new drivers. Excellent section at the rear with info on truck stops. At this price, an absolute must for anyone in the driving profession.

Magpie
Magpie
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy, buy, buy....., 12 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Magpie (Audio CD)
Stephen Fretwell was introduced to be by Radio 2 and I bought his album immediately on the basis of listening to one song once. One of the best CD's in my collection (IMHO). He is only 24/25 now and his songwriting skills are unbelievable. Full of depth, meaning and such a unique take on melodies grabs your attention. A very worthy purchase if you like artists such as Damien Rice. 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good effort, 12 Jan. 2007
This review is from: 9 (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed O, and has become a favourite in my collection. In his follow-up to this debut album, Rice has created, what I think, a great collection of melodies and songs which may appear a little monotonous and boring at first, but have more and more depth as you listen to them. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who enjoyed O.

Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom
Philips TT2020 Cordless BodyGroom

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 11 Jan. 2007
I purchased this for general trimming duties, and having received it today, have to say that I am not as pleased as I thought I was going to be! It seems to be well built and has a good design, although i agree with one reviewer that the trimming guard seems to be a bit of an afterthought. I would have thought they include a few of these so that you can trim to your desired length. I tried it in the shower awell and found it to be useless. Most suitable for guys with finer hair I think.

Page: 1 | 2