Profile for ECB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Eat, Pray, Love
Eat, Pray, Love

5.0 out of 5 stars brill!, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Eat, Pray, Love (Audio CD)
This has become my favourite CD for the car – it has Brazilian Bossa Nova, easy listening Indian tunes, catchy old Country songs, broken up by couple Classical pieces. Perfect travelling collection, every song excellent.

A Lo Cubano
A Lo Cubano
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars great CD, even for those not hardcore hiphop lovers, 29 July 2013
This review is from: A Lo Cubano (Audio CD)
I bought this because of the famous song ‘Atrevido’ but actually the whole album is great- the more you listen the more you love the songs. Some songs can be a little more rapping than melodic sing-a-long but still great - you can feel their passion towards their country and the political situation. My husband told me to turn it off at first but now he loves it.

Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)
Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 29 July 2013
I would say it’s not as interesting as Wolf Hall, but still a great read. One feels Mantel really knows Cromwell, and all the characters she encounters – her interpretation of Anne Boleyn is just excellent – I can picture her and understand her through Mantel’s description. The characters are not black and white, they are not evil and good; everyone has angles, depth and reasons for their being. I also find it really interesting how difficult situations make different people react, all of them treading carefully around the king. In this follow up, Cromwell is much more decisive, direct, and vengeful than Wolf Hall. Before you would get a glimpse into his thoughts by the few carefully chosen and diplomatic words he spoke; he is much more outspoken due to the security his growing power brings.

Homeland - Season 1 [DVD]
Homeland - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Damian Lewis
Offered by Special Interests

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Homeland - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Very exciting, controversial plot, great writing combined with outstanding acting – a complete must! This reminds me, must buy season two!

Binocular Vision
Binocular Vision

1.0 out of 5 stars blehhh, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Binocular Vision (Kindle Edition)
I bought this as it was in the kindle sale and due to so many great reviews – people are really passionate about Edith Pearlman and her writing. I have to say I have found it really difficult to engage or care, perhaps this writer is just not for me. I don’t particularly want to read about similar people doing similar things; it’s like me on the commute reading about a girl on a commute; the stories I read have no twist, no hidden deeper meaning, no fun… they are, just as they are, bumbling along. I stopped reading half way through - take or leave it... it’s a ‘leave it’ for me.

Ceviche: Peruvian Kitchen
Ceviche: Peruvian Kitchen
by Martin Morales

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 July 2013
Mouth-watering pictures and recipes. I love the restaurant and Peruvian food so thought I would give this a try at home. So far so good, the ingredients are easy to find, and instructions easy to follow and explanations on how and why things are make sense and easy to understand. Really happy with this book, I want to try everything and makes cooking exciting rather than intimidating with difficult terminology or lengthy explanations.

Fake Bake 60 Minutes Self-Tan Liquid 236 ml
Fake Bake 60 Minutes Self-Tan Liquid 236 ml
Offered by The Boom Bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars a revelation!, 29 July 2013
Easy to apply, watery consistency and already the tan colour so you can see where you have applied.
It smells of coconut initially and eventually to that distinctive fake tan smell – but only faintly compared to others. No more sleeping with that sloppy, sticky fake tan moisturizer, results straight away, done in one hour and can wash off! Three days in and looking nicely, naturally like I have a tan colour, rather than orange. Alleluia!

EXTRA Spearmint Sugar Free Chewing Gum Bottle Pack 60 Pellets (Pack of 12)
EXTRA Spearmint Sugar Free Chewing Gum Bottle Pack 60 Pellets (Pack of 12)
Offered by AWH-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 28 May 2013
very similar taste to peppermint but better price for the pack. i recommend this product over the other chewing gums.

PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green
PetSafe SlimCat Feed Ball - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars uhmmm its ok, 28 Oct. 2011
I cant really rate this as the cat has not even looked at it! fail so far, waiting for him to get interested. one thing I do agree with from previous comments- the ball is impossible to open at first. Once you know, its easy enough. ps the trick is to open the end lid, not the slit in the middle.

Da Bird Interactive Feather Cat Toy - Easy Store / Pull Apart Rod
Da Bird Interactive Feather Cat Toy - Easy Store / Pull Apart Rod
Offered by Best Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Oct. 2011
My cat absolutely LOVES it! He plays for hours! I was worried he wouldn t be that into it as he is a male cat, and mostly female cats like to hunt, but he really has taken to it, he is already much fitter from chasing it around! Another positive is that I can pin it to the dining table and whilst I am work, he is entertained by playing.

Page: 1 | 2