Profile for S.Williams > Reviews

Indoor Sunflower Fairy Lights with 30 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Indoor Sunflower Fairy Lights with 30 Warm White LEDs by Lights4fun
Offered by Lights4fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for students, 15 July 2013
I bought these for my uni accommodation and cannot recommend them enough!

They look absolutely lovely and provide a soft golden glow around my desk, which makes my student bedroom feel very homely, particularly during dark winter evenings of essay writing.

A really lovely touch to any room!

Vintage Floral Washable Cotton Bunting 8 Metres 15 Pennants
Vintage Floral Washable Cotton Bunting 8 Metres 15 Pennants
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied student!, 14 July 2013
I bought this as a second-year university student wanting to add a bit of colour and homeliness to my bedroom.

It looks lovely, it's easy to affix to walls (I used white tack and thumb tacks and it did the job!), it's a convenient length (neither too long nor short!) and good quality. It made such a difference to the feel of my room and my friends frequently commented on how much they liked it!

Highly recommended!

Salter Ultra Slim Analyser Bathroom Scales, Measure Weight BMI Body Fat Percentage Body Water, Slim 25mm Design, Tough 6mm Glass with Carpet Feet, Easy to Read Digital Display - Glass.

3.0 out of 5 stars Temperamental at times, but good on a budget!, 14 July 2013
My housemates and I wanted shared bathroom scales which would measure our BMI and fat percentage to gently monitor the effect of student lifestyle on our weight! (without becoming too obsessive/triggering any crash diets etc.)

When the product works, it's very good - clear display, easy to use etc.

However, the big drawback is that it sometimes takes a few attempts to get the scales to measure BMI etc. It tends to work well for me (the first saved profile on the scales) but not so well for my other housemates, which is unfortunate and frustrating for them.

Overall, however, it (usually) does the job and isn't bad value for money. Good if you're looking for cheap electronic scales that do more than measure your weight... sometimes!

Literary Theory: A Very Short Introduction 2/e (Very Short Introductions)
Literary Theory: A Very Short Introduction 2/e (Very Short Introductions)
by Jonathan Culler

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for English students!, 14 July 2013
If you're studying Literary Theory/Criticism as part of an English Degree or similar, this is an ESSENTIAL buy! It's extremely helpful in outlining and clarifying key theories and schools of thought in a simple and concise way, and highlights important names and publications which you can look further into if a particular vein interests you.

Alternatively, it's fantastic for last-minute cramming - got a First in this module, which I almost certainly wouldn't have achieved had I not had this resource to revise from! (And, unlike SparkNotes, you can cite it in your exam as a respectable secondary source!) It's not quite detailed enough to blag your way through a tutorial/small-group environment, but not a bad place to begin your preparatory reading either. Money well spent!