Profile for Fiona > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bellabeat Leaf Urban Health Tracker | Silver
Bellabeat Leaf Urban Health Tracker | Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought it sooner!, 17 May 2017
I have been following Bella beat since the beginning but have put off buy one until last month. Now I wish I had bought it earlier! This is an amazing alternative to an (I think) ugly fitbit. It is so pretty I've had people actually comment on my cute jewellery!
The only slight drawback is that it sort of guesses your stress level based on the amount of exercise, meditation and sleep you get. I had hoped it might be monitoring my heart rate to show what times I'm not likely to be stressed. At first I had the Bluetooth on all the time so I could check it ad-lib but that was draining my battery too fast so now I check it just 2 or 3 times a day.
I do a lot of standing still but working with my hands so I noticed when I wear it as a bracelet it registers many of these movements as steps, it's still exercise so I don't suppose it matters but I have taken to wearing it clipped onto my front trouser pocket or just to the top of my trousers/jeans.
All in all I do love my Leaf and I wouldn't be without it!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to work with, not to eat., 2 Feb. 2013
I read plenty of reviews (mostly American) for this product and the majority said 'difficult to work with, great to taste' I have no idea what they were on about. I had no problems with it at all, it is hard to soften however but then I expected that from something containing so much chocolate. It does quickly become workable though and it rolls VERY thin without ripping or tearing; in that respect it is amazing!
I am afraid to say I don't think much of the taste....what little there actually is. On the plus side it does not taste overpoweringly sweet (like some fondant icings) but then again it doesn't taste very chocolatey either, in fact it doesn't taste of much, I would suggest the colour is just that, it comes from colourings rather than chocolate itself.
Considering the cost of it (on Amazon especially, since I can get it for £10 elsewhere) I would suggest it is not worth it....not if you want to TASTE the chocolate anyway.

Chintz Owl Clothes Peg Bag
Chintz Owl Clothes Peg Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great housewarming present, 24 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Chintz Owl Clothes Peg Bag
I bought this as a gift for a friend and we both love it. The colours are very cute and homely, it is of sturdy construction and it is easy to use. I am tempted to buy one for myself now!!

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars The Nicholas Sparks of Time Travel, 5 Sept. 2012
If you are put off by time travel, STOP.

Forget about the time travel.

This is more like The Lake House (Movie with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock) or The Notebook or any other sweet and sour romance. In fact I gaurantee if you like Nicholas Sparks you will enjoy this book. It is a heartfelt romance through and through, it just happens to stop and start over a period of about 40 years.

My friend, who hates anything sci-fi or fantasy fell head over heels for this book and I challenge you not to do the same, especially since it is well written and well thought out.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
by Douglas Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterically funny, 5 Sept. 2012
Being a fantasy and sci fi lover I had heard a lot about this book before I actually got around to reading it. Having built it up in my mind I was a little concerned that it would not meet my expectations, I needn't have bothered.

This is one of the most well thought out (whilst giving the impression of being haphazard) and genuinely funny books I have read in...well...forever. If you enjoy Terry Pratchett you will LOVE this book, then again even if you hate other Sci-Fi's this really is in a world of it's own. You may need to set some time aside to take it all in since it does move fast (and get confusing) in some parts but when you finish it I dare you not to want to pick it back up to read it again!!

His Dark Materials Trilogy: Northern Lights, Subtle Knife, Amber Spyglass
His Dark Materials Trilogy: Northern Lights, Subtle Knife, Amber Spyglass
by Philip Pullman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fantasy, 5 Sept. 2012
I will be completely honest and say that the only reason I read the trilogy was because I saw a televison documentary wherein Prince Charles stated that they were his favourite books. I am not a royalist, it just seemed like a strange choice of literature for him. Given that I had such a random reason for reading these book I was not expecting much from them and therefore was a little overwhelmed when I ran out of hours in the day to read them.

From the first chapter to the last, His Dark Materials trilogy is pure unadulterated fantasy. I loved these books, so much so that (hopefully without giving too much away) I cried like a baby at the end and prayed he would bring out another. For a die-hard happy ending fan I was left wanting more, for an equally die-hard fantasy fan I was more than satisfied.

I would advise everyone to read these, especially tenagers, I can imagine it only expands young imaginations and where is the harm in that? There are no 'bad words' or sexual references and very little violence, just excitement from begining to end.

Pretty Party Cakes: Sweet and Stylish Cakes and Cookies for All Occasions
Pretty Party Cakes: Sweet and Stylish Cakes and Cookies for All Occasions
by Peggy Porschen

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Peggy Porschen!, 19 Jun. 2011
I must admit I am a little biased, I love all the books by Peggy Porschen, she explains the techniques well, the designs are relatively simple and easy to re-create and there are some awesome desgins in this book. Overall this book has convinced me to buy more of her books. I would recommend it to anyone!

Cake Pops
Cake Pops
by Angie Dudley
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Cake Pops (Hardcover-spiral)
This book has some cool ideas, the only thing that bugs me a little is that a lot of the cakepops require special cutters, which I'm sure most people don't have. Other than that, there are some great designs and they are well explained.

Joseph Joseph Chop2Pot Large Folding Chopping Board (Red)
Joseph Joseph Chop2Pot Large Folding Chopping Board (Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and easy to use!, 28 Mar. 2009
I bought this chopping board because I wanted something that made a statement but made sense to use (and that had to be red). I enjoy using it and even after multiple uses with sharp knives the marks are hard to see when dry. The scoop design is really clever and I use it almost every time I use the chopping board. The only reason I have not given 5 stars, is that I am slightly concerned that the join between the handle and the rest of the bard may not last long, however it might be fine...I don't know. So far I have had no reason to doubt it, so I would not let that put you off.

Lars and the Real Girl [DVD] [2007]
Lars and the Real Girl [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Ryan Gosling

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb plot, awesome acting; a real treat., 28 Jan. 2009
This film is magical, during the week it was on at my local cinema I paid to see it 3 times. It is an unconventional love story that can simultaneously break your heart and makes you laugh out loud every time you watch it. If you haven't seen it, watch it and if you are considering buying it, do...it is a great investment!! No matter what mood I am in, watching Ryan Gosling as a geeky (almost) recluse, with a big heart is entertaining every time.

Page: 1 | 2