Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for MartinT > Reviews

Content by MartinT

MartinT "Martin" (Oxon, England)

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 (Preferred Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant product, 3 July 2007
Having just recommended Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 to yet another colleague, I thought I must write to correct some of the previous postings about this brilliant product. I suffer from Parkinson's disease which means I cannot really use the keyboard, and my writing is totally illegible now, so Dragon is my saving grace. I use it every day for e-mails, or surfing the web, and in a range of applications including Microsoft WORD, ACCESS, etc etc. In fact I am using now to dictate this, and as usual I am getting about 95% accuracy.

I suspect that some of the previous negative comments are because it needs, to work properly, adequate memory (I suspect it needs a minimum 1024 MB RAM, and not 512 MB as it says on the packet), and the proper setup for audio -- this really is critical as if it cannot get a good feed from the microphone, then obviously it is going to make missed takes (that is one of them!). So you really must make sure that your audio setup is working properly with a good signal to noise ratio, etc -- as spelt out in the accompanying booklet.

However, version 9 so much easier to use and to correct mistakes with. The "select and say" really does what it promises in that if you/it makes a mistake, you simply say "select" and then the wrong bit of text, to bring up a range of suggested corrections, or you can simply dictate over the previous text to correct it. As with anything like this, a bit of practice at the start makes for perfect later on.

So, overall, I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.