Profile for Kelly A. Stambaugh > Reviews

Content by Kelly A. Stambaugh

Kelly A. Stambaugh (Cleveland, OH USA)

On the Account: Volume 5 (The Sea Witch Voyages)
On the Account: Volume 5 (The Sea Witch Voyages)

5.0 out of 5 stars On The Account by Helen Hollick, 15 July 2016
Let me preface this review with the statement that I was provided an Advanced Reading Copy of the manuscript by the author prior to publication. That being said, I have ordered the printed version of the book even though I have already read it, it's that bloody good! As I've told the author on many occasions, I lost my heart to Jesamiah Acorne during his very first voyage in "Sea Witch." This series of books are the perfect blending of history, fiction and fantasy - and On The Account does not disappoint. Rich scenes, well-developed and vivid characters are only the beginning with this novel. There are so many twists and turns and surprises that I couldn't put it down and was bereft when I reached the last page. This novel, as with it's predecessors in the series, leaves the reader wanting more. Do yourselves a favor and immerse yourself in the swashbuckling world of Jesamiah Acorne and his beautiful ship the Sea Witch - I promise, you won't be sorry!

Harold the King
Harold the King

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical Fiction At It's Best, 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Harold the King (Paperback)
This is one of the best hitorical fiction novels I have ever read! Meticulously researched and beautifully written. You can tell the author had a true passion for her subject; this book is highly recommended!

Pendragon's Banner: Book Two
Pendragon's Banner: Book Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Pendragon's Banner, 19 Jan. 2005
This is one of the best books I have ever read on the subject of King Arthur. I absolutely loved all of the faults and shortcomings that were woven into the character of Arthur. Ms. Hollick did not portray him as the "golden king" of legend, she made him real and likeable. I needed to order this book from the UK, as I reside in the US, and Ms. Hollick's books are not available here. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND anything that has been written by Helen Hollick - you won't be disappointed.