Profile for Willy the Weasel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sagemcom DTR94500S HD Satellite Digital TV Recorder with Freesat+
Sagemcom DTR94500S HD Satellite Digital TV Recorder with Freesat+

2.0 out of 5 stars I've had 2, they aren't great., 28 Jan. 2016
I bought one in 2010 (from Dixons) and it worked well for about 3 years before it started playing up, eventually the hard-drive stopped working. I needed a replacement and stupidly went for the same model (from Argos), I wanted a Sony but it was out of stock... the second one started playing up last month and is starting to annoy me by not recording, saying I have too many recordings and that the hard-drive maybe full but it's at 31% ...next time I'm getting a decent brand, a Sony! :)

OPK Jewellery Stainless Steel His & Hers Pure Love Ocean Blue Wedding Bands Promise Ring for Two
Offered by opk-jewelry

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 15 Jan. 2016
Excellent, came on the exact date they said it would... very happy.

Flongo Men's "Forever Love" Stainless Steel Ring Couples Valentine Wedding Engagement Promise Band, Size Z+1
Offered by Flongo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 6 Jan. 2016
I bought 2, one for my girlfriend (she didn't like the female version as it's not black) ...we are very happy with the rings, very nice and quick delivery :)

Emartbuy® Elephone P6000 5 Inch Smartphone Classic Range Blue Luxury PU Leather Slide in Pouch Case Cover Sleeve Holder ( Size 4XL ) With Magnetic Flap & Pull Tab Mechanism
Offered by emartbuyuk

4.0 out of 5 stars The pale blue case I received is a lot nicer ..., 17 July 2015
The pale blue case I received is a lot nicer than I expected. It is a different colour to the picture, it is more of a greeny blue. It is also smooth and elegant looking, unlike the picture. The reason it only gets 4 stars is because, although it protects the phone (my main reason for buying), it adds a cm all the way around to the size of the phone... no problem for me as I use an inside pocket ...and no problem for girls with handbags.

Cut the Rope: Time Travel HD
Cut the Rope: Time Travel HD

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic mahem, 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Cut the Rope: Time Travel HD (App)
Brilliantly done and fun for all ages. I have this on my phone, now I have it on my Kindle Fire... I'm addicted to the little critters and their candy habbit... nom, nom, nom :)

Sector 1
Sector 1

4.0 out of 5 stars RUSH Sector 1 (from Amazon) £25, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Sector 1 (Audio CD)
I do own '2112' on CD along with 'Vapour Trails' (remixed) and 'Clockwork Angels', I also have 'Clockwork Angels' and 'Working Men' on DVD... all my other Rush albums are on mp3 from 'various sources' (naughty me) ...so I decided to do the 'right thing' and purchase all of the Rush albums on CD... and these sets sounded like the right place to start.

I knew about the faulty discs but I presumed they must have been sorted by now... and I have found nothing wrong with my copies, they sound excellent. I checked that I had the replacement disc, going by the numbers given by a previous reviewer... and I had.

The only thing wrong with my purchase however... whoever placed the 'product' into the brown cardboard packaging (at Amazon) neglected to notice that there were two very large dints and four other small indentations in the box, It looked like some fat bloke had sat on it with keys in his back pocket - I wasn't too happy :( ...they can't blame the courier because the outer packaging (brown cardboard) was perfect...also one of the plastic inner-sleeves was folded over, obviously this had nothing to do with Amazon.

This aside (as I'm only interested in the quality of the discs) they sound stunning to my ears, even 'All the world's a stage' was very good and I've never really given it much of a chance before. The CD covers are really quaint although I will be storing them in something stronger due to the outer box being undisplayable.

Due to the packaging, Amazon gets '3 stars'

The product itself gets '5 stars' ...I am a happy little Rush fan :)

Not letting trivial matters get in the way of my enjoyment of my favourite band... I ordered Rush 'Sector 2' ...which has just arrived. On close inspection I do have the replacement DVD disc and this particular box is in perfect condition... although 3 of the inner plastic sleeves have what look like 'fingernail marks' ...but the discs are fine... they just need testing! :)

Duronic [HRS1051] 5 Port HDMI Auto Switch Box plus Remote - 5x1 HUB (5 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD Switcher
Offered by DURONIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price, works for me!, 10 Aug. 2014
I couldn't get this to 'behave' at first... as it worked fine with Freesat and my Xbox but wouldn't work properly with my Sony blu-ray player. After a bit of 'fiddling about' and swapping inputs, I got it to work... I use inputs 2,3, and 4 (because they're at the back) and I found that my particular set-up requires the blu-ray player to be in number 4. This leaves two spare inputs at the front, in case I want to add my laptop or another device... this works for me. It also leaves a spare input in the back of my TV, so I'm fairly happy and it saves messing about changing cables in the dark. The unit itself is tiny and lightweight (too light), the LEDs are blue, I don't bother with the remote as it automatically recognises which device is in use. Great little gizmo for the price.

Stagg SCPX-CU CR Curved Trigger Capo - Chrome
Stagg SCPX-CU CR Curved Trigger Capo - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug. 2014
Perfect, easy to use... doesn't look cheap, like some.

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Includes Real Tone cable (Xbox 360)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Includes Real Tone cable (Xbox 360)
Offered by rockaway-records

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it!, 10 Aug. 2014
Brilliant... simply brilliant! ...I made sure there was a left-handed option before buying it... if you're thinking about buying it, stop it, JUST DO IT! ...I use a HDMI cable to my TV but I divert my Xbox's audio to my stereo - this cuts down 'sound latency' to a minimum.

Supernatural - Season 1-8 Complete [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Supernatural - Season 1-8 Complete [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 stars, 20 Mar. 2014
I'm not going to review the series but I'd give it 7 stars if I could - it is a brilliant show. The blu-ray box set cost me £74.99 when I bought it from Amazon (£134 if I'd have bought them all individually). The blu-ray version has exclusive bonus features on 4 of the 8 sets and although there is a minor flaw to the running order on series 8 (which was pointed out by another reviewer) - the inner sleeve has them in a different order but it's a slight error (probably done by Crowley as a nasty evil trick to decieve the 'finnicky' among us), seriously though this is a bargain, the box looks fantastic and it's the pride and joy of my collection - that is until season 9 comes out and it has no place in the box! Oh, no! - Excellent set, very happy!

Page: 1 | 2