Profile for Leopoldo Luque > Reviews

Content by Leopoldo Luque

Leopoldo Luque (Ealing, London)

Corbyn Y Fronts
Corbyn Y Fronts
Offered by Twisted Twee

1.0 out of 5 stars Be sure, 22 May 2017
This review is from: Corbyn Y Fronts (Apparel)
I was given a pair of these as a secret Santa present at work and was accused of having no sense of humour when I didn't laugh at the joke. You might find the idea of a picture of Jeremy Corbyn (or any other politician or public figure) on a pair of retro men's underpants hilarious, be certain the intended recipient will feel the same.

7 - 8'' inch tablet keyboard case, COOPER INFINITE EXECUTIVE 2-in-1 Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Magnetic Leather Travel Windows Android Carrying Cases Cover Holder Folio Portfolio + Stand (Purple)
Offered by Tablet2Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars A few quibbles but, 21 May 2017
The case took the maximum 7 days estimated by Amazon to arrive which was a little frustrating. My 8" Tesco tablet is a tight fit, but it does fit. I can see that if you take the tablet out of the case frequently the hooks that hold it in place could break as others have mentioned. However I see no need to do so, especially as the case can be used simply as a protective case without the keyboard as the keyboard is removable (something I hadn't realised when ordering). It is only thanks to reading other comments that I worked out where the @ is hidden - the instructions are useless. The escape key doesn't work. The on/off key on the tablet is partly obscured by one of the hooks.

These are quibbles however. The keyboard connected to the tablet like a dream. The keyboard is as comfortable to use as an 8 inch tablet keyboard can be expected to be. It looks smart, the price is very good and after 3 days I'm very pleased with my purchase.

This Side Of Jordan
This Side Of Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: This Side Of Jordan (Audio CD)
Gorgeous songs, gorgeous singing, gorgeous harmonies.

Sekonda Gents Brown Dial Date Strap WR Watch 3882
Sekonda Gents Brown Dial Date Strap WR Watch 3882

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - but guess I was unlucky, 5 Oct. 2013
I was attracted to this watch both by the number of very high ratings it received and by the large discount. Discounted or remaindered? Hmm. I noticed that on the back of the watch was a red stripe - the sort of mark you see on seconds. Or indeed Sekondas. (Geddit?)

The watch was maybe a little larger than I would have wanted, and the dial a little confused,but it was fine. For the first 2-3 days. Then it began to randomly gain or lose 5 minutes within an hour or so. So I sent it back.

Amazon didn't offer a replacement which, added to the fact that it took a week to arrive, meant that I decided to look elsewhere. I am now wearing a new Accurist which cost me 5 quid more but has a nice uncluttered dial. Fingers crossed it works.

Given that, at the time (timex?) of writing 167 out of 180 reviews are either 4 or 5 stars I was obviously unlucky.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 1:32 PM BST

Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - White
Kubik Evo 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought something else, 26 Nov. 2012
After getting through 2 Sansa Clips in less time than I thought I should have I decided to try something else. I was attracted by the decent reviews and price, but wish I hadn't.

As other reviewers have noted, it's light and flimsy. I don't think it will last long.

On the plus side the sound is good, better than the Sansa. And after adding new tracks it refreshes very quickly as well - the Sansa is interminable.

But the interface is truly awful: clunky and unintuitive - even the volume control is not straightforward. Every time you turn on you have to start again - the player doesn't remember what you were playing.

Although the memory is expandable, tracks on the memory card do not appear in the main list and can only be found by navigating to the relevant folder.

With the Sansa you can create playlists in Windows Media Player and copy them over. Not with the Evo.

I've spent 29 quid on this (can't believe the full price is nearly 50) so I'll live with it for a bit, but I regretted buying it within 20 minutes of it arriving.

A dud.

Edit: I originally gave this 2 stars, but I've downgraded it to one. Hate it.

Trust Wireless Optical Mouse MI-4150K
Trust Wireless Optical Mouse MI-4150K

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, though it's right-handed, 3 April 2009
I've been using one of these for a month now with my netbook. It plugged and played and has worked fine.

It's smaller than a regular mouse, but not uncomfortably so. The blue dongle does flash a bit more than I'd like. Battery life has been very good.

But - it's shaped for a right-hander. Obviously, it being a right-handed world, nobody tells you that.

I'm naturally left-handed but can't use it in my left hand. I can use a mouse with my right hand almost as well as with my left, but if you are a pure leftie you might struggle. But hey - we're used to doing that.

Revolver
Revolver
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest album of all time, 22 April 2006
This review is from: Revolver (Audio CD)
If Amazon allowed 10 stars they still wouldn't be enough. I've listened to this masterpiece more times than anything else and it still sounds as fresh and exciting as it did 40 years ago.

People coming to this for the first time will find it hard to believe that any group could release an album with so much variety. It's still hard to imagine that they could come up with songs as radical and as radically different as the touching Elanor Rigby and the astonishing Tomorrow Never Knows.

Believe it. They really were the best.

Scott 4
Scott 4

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest albums of all time, 22 April 2006
This review is from: Scott 4 (Audio CD)
Scott Walker had been on my list of artists to check out for many years, but for some reason it took me a long time to get round to it. How I regret it now!

His first 3 albums (imaginatively titled Scott, Scott II and Scott III - at least it's easy to remember the order in which they were released) all have great moments, but sometimes drift into MOR or Brel bombast.

Scott IV is perfect. Since I bought it a couple of years ago hardly a week passes without me playing it. It has great songs (touching love songs, political songs), great arrangements and Scott's fantastic voice.

If you think you've got the 60s sewn up and you don't own this album, think again. This is one of the finest records ever recorded, worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Revolver and Pet Sounds.

It's that good.