Profile for Bella Vita > Reviews

Content by Bella Vita

Bella Vita

The Mystery of Mercy Close (Walsh Family Book 5)
The Mystery of Mercy Close (Walsh Family Book 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it....., 1 July 2013
I am a huge Marian Keyes fan, but it has taken me over three weeks to read this (I read a book a week) and I only got half way through this one before giving up.

If you have read all Marian's past books and haven't read this one - DON'T. It will only upset you.

The story is slow, Helen is not likeable and the plot is hard to believe.

Maybe it is time to say goodbye to the Walsh's.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2014 4:42 PM BST

Afterwards
Afterwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Afterwards (Kindle Edition)
I bought this as it was on special offer, and I am so glad I did. I can't say too much at all as it will spoil the book. I have not read a book like this since Before I go to Sleep, it kept me guessing the whole way through and I did not see the twist at the end. This book is haunting and at times quite graphic to read but if you want a book you cannot put down this is for you.

Recipes For A Perfect Marriage
Recipes For A Perfect Marriage

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read by Kate Kerrigan, 24 Feb. 2013
I bought this as I had previously read Ellis Island and really enjoyed it, and Recipes for a Perfect Marriage didn't disappoint. It focuses on the marriages of Bernandine and Tressa, and shows that love isn't always the starting point for the "perfect marriage". It challenges what society tells you what marriage should be without being patronising or "preachy". The book also contains wonderful recipes, and it is these recipes which bind the two stories together.

This book is great escapism along with thought provoking moments. I will definately be looking to read more books by Kate Kerrigan in the future.

The Legacy
The Legacy

4.0 out of 5 stars The Legacy, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Legacy (Kindle Edition)
It took me a long time to really get into the story, the author spends a long time softly introducing us to the key characters who are Caroline, Meredith, Beth and Erica, and the story doesn't really get going until a quarter of the way into the book. The story jumps from present day, to the childhood of Beth and Erica and 1904, the story is told by Erica and Caroline. Sometimes it can be quite confusing to jump between characters/time but the author has done this really well and it is easy for the reader to follow.

The story focuses on family secrets, Caroline having one and Beth/Erica having the other. I worked out Beth/Erica's fairly early on, however I find that the outcome at the end of the story hard to believe. Caroline's secret takes a bit longer to figure out, but it does make you gasp and want to find out more.

Overall I enjoyed the book, it isn't on my favourites list and I am not sure if I would be quick to pick up another of Katherine Webb's books.

If you like historical, family saga's or books by Kate Morton, you would really enjoy this book.