Profile for R. Coates > Reviews

Content by R. Coates

R. Coates (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BBQ Portable Charcoal Grill Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill Foldable Table Coal Garden Travel Camping Folding Grill
Offered by UK-DEUBA

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., 30 Aug. 2016
Item arrived, box damaged, BBQ damaged with dents and sharp metal edges.
Got a refund from the seller who said keep the item.
We took it camping and decided to try it on the first night, despite having legs and being raised off the ground, it still burnt the grass underneath and the metal started bending round the edges.
Safe to say it went straight in the bin at the campsite
Not good at all!

VonHaus 1200W Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Turbo/ Pet Brush, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool & Wand -
Offered by DOMU UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap feel but did the job for 4 months until it broke!!, 30 Aug. 2016
Bought this in April as it sounded great for picking up pet hair.
On arrival the item has a cheap plastic look about it but worked great, too good infact!
The suction was very high had to be put on a low setting for carpets and lino and was good in picking up pet hair.
Four months on, the hoover no longer works and will not switch on. I have started a refund process with the seller and hope to get this resolved.

Gelert Sleeping Pod
Gelert Sleeping Pod

4.0 out of 5 stars Spacious and warm, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
My sleeping pod arrived yesterday and I am impressed so far.

I opened the bag (the bag is attached to the pod and has 2 straps for tightening) You fold the left and right sides of the pod and then roll from the top into the bag which is attached at the bottom. Very easy and takes about 1 minute to do. It would of been easier if the straps had clips on as it can be a little difficult to thread the straps through the buckle as the sleeping pod expands when you don't hold it tightly.

Anyway, opened the zipper and got inside. I started to get hot straight away which is ideal as I am going camping Fri, Sat and Sun.
The best bit is that the dog fits in as well (28" Saluki) so he can keep my toasty at the weekend.

It is lovely and roomy and easy to turn over.

There are 2 drawstrings on the left hand side which can be tightened which I like.

I am 5ft3". If I lie straight down the middle, the length is ok. If I spread out my feet touch the bottom of the bag but I sleep with my legs bent anyway so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Will update the review after this weekends camping trip to Peterborough

NOKIA BL4U BATT NEW  1200MAH BLACK ASHA 300 NEW STYLE
NOKIA BL4U BATT NEW 1200MAH BLACK ASHA 300 NEW STYLE

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Oct. 2012
After a full charge, the battery lasted under a day. At least I had a spare battery to carry round with me incase I needed it

Trixie Premium Harness with Fleece Padding, M to L, 50-80cm/ 25 mm, Blue
Trixie Premium Harness with Fleece Padding, M to L, 50-80cm/ 25 mm, Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 13 Jun. 2012
Edited 4/10/12 - Ended up giving this harness away as it wasn't a good fit. My dog could easily back himself out of it. I don't think his body shape helped as the harness kept constantly riding up unless I fastened it tight which looked uncomfortable for the dog.

Rating reduced to 2.

Really good item just not ideal for a lurcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased this for my Saluki Greyhound as his other harness cut under his legs and left horrible sores - his chest measurement is 68cm.

It is extremely soft to touch so I can imagine it's comfortable for the dog too.

What I like about it, is that the stomach strap sits back away from under the legs which is perfect for a running dog.

Only slight negative thing is that it seems a little baggy on the shoulders/neck area but it will be fine.

Will see how the harness is after a weeks holiday away with the dog and will provide an update

Savvies SC50 Screen Protector for Olympus SP-810 UZ
Savvies SC50 Screen Protector for Olympus SP-810 UZ
Offered by protectionfilms24-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 May 2012
Item was very easy to apply to my camera and kept the screen looking tidy before I sold it. Would highly recommend the product.

FLASH SUPERSTORE BLACKBERRY 9700 BOLD ORIENTAL FLOWERS SUPER SLIM CLIP ON PROTECTION CASE/COVER/SKIN

2.0 out of 5 stars Good design - Bad quality, 23 May 2012
Absolutely loved the design of this case but found that the paint chipped off far too easily! No point returning it either so ended up in the bin after a week or so!

Samsung I5500 Galaxy Europa - Android
Samsung I5500 Galaxy Europa - Android
Offered by Technomobiles

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - Used for 10 days and then bought a different phone, 23 May 2012
This was my first Samsung phone but not my first touch screen.

I am on contract with 3 and this phone came with a very good deal, I could hardly say no (although wish I had!)

I was extremely excited for its arrival but was soon let down.

The battery life is DIABOLICAL! I have had to charge it every day. I let the battery have a full charge before using it and the battery was almost completely flat by the end of the day!

I couldn't figure how to get the back off and had to use a knife to prise the back off.

The "swype" feature is crap and was turned off the first time I sent a text message. Texting is a nightmare in general. Letters that are pressed dont appear and even using predictive text was not helpful!

I find the phone to be very slow in all aspects.

On my old phone (blackberry bold 9800) I used facebook a lot to keep in touch with friends. I can't even use it on this phone. It is so slow it's unusable! Pictures take minutes to load and the screen in unresponsive.

I used a security lock for this device but found it to be a nightmare. I used the number lock first and even though I was typing it in correctly, the phone wasn't fast enough for my typing so would not accept the pin. I then tried the pattern lock where you drag your finger across the screen. This was even worse. I knew exactly what the pattern was but entered it incorrectly 5 times because the touch screen was terrible. I had to use my google log on to access my phone and turn the lock off!!

The alarm doesn't go off if the phone isn't turned on which made me late for work! This is the first phone I've had that does not work when turned off!!

Even simple tasks such as going back in the menus seem like a difficult task!

I don't even seen the point in the phone having a camera as it's almost unusable, pictures always blur at the slightest movement so couldnt use it.

I depsised making phone calls on it as if my face caught the touch screen it would start vibrating. Calls to places such as the bank were impossible (e.g when they ask you to press 3 for the advisor) as you have to double tap the screen to unlock it then drag the screen up and then press a number! What a carry on!

This truly is the worst phone I have ever used. My £9.99 Samsung which was locked to Tesco (a weekend replacement) was better than this pile of crap!

This morning I have bought a second hand Sony Ericsson phone off eBay to keep me going for the next 24 months of my contract.

I knew I shouldn't have gone for another Samsung product as I have a TV and a laptop manufactured by Samsung and both had been sent away for repair!

AVOID this phone unless you can handle all the problems listed above.

Just to clarify, I am 19 years old and certainly not a technophobe ;)

Li-50B, Li-50C Battery Charger for Olympus Mju 1010, 1020, 1030 SW, Tough Series 6000, 6010, 6020, 8000, 8010, 9000, 9010, SP-610UZ, SP-720UZ, SP-800UZ, SP-810UZ, SH-21, SZ-10, SZ-11, SZ-12, SZ-14, SZ-16, SZ-17, SZ-20, SZ-30, SZ-30MR, SZ-31, SZ-31MR, TG-610, TG-620, TG-805, TG-810, TG-820, TG-835, TG-850, TG-860, Smart D-750, D-755, D-760, VG-170, VR-340, VR-350, VR-360, XZ-1, XZ-10 Digital Camera + DM-3, DM-5 Voice & Music Recorder etc

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap rubbish - doesn't work, 8 Mar. 2012
Just received the charger today and went to use it for the first time..

Plugged it into the mains and heard a loud BANG and the camera battery shot out.

Charger doesn't work and also broke the battery which Amazon won't replace!!

Will spend money on a more expensive one as it'll probably work better

Duracell Class 10.200x ProPhoto SDHC Memory Card - 8 GB
Duracell Class 10.200x ProPhoto SDHC Memory Card - 8 GB

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor memory card, will stick to the cheaper ones!, 14 Jan. 2012
Bought the item and received it Thursday. Used on Friday and it said "Card Error". Used today and it came up saying "Write Error" on my Fujifilm S1000fd. Thanks to these problems I've lost fantastic pictures so sending it back for a refund. Cheaper cards worked better than this!!

Page: 1 | 2