Profile for scott141090 > Reviews

Content by scott141090

scott141090

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Handel: Water Music & Fireworks Music (DG The Originals)
Handel: Water Music & Fireworks Music (DG The Originals)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recordings; great price., 23 Aug. 2016
Excellent. It apears to be the choice of 'The Gramophone'. Enough said!

The Benny Goodman Story Vol. 1 and Vol. 2
The Benny Goodman Story Vol. 1 and Vol. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful stuff, 25 May 2016
Terrific - especially track 21.

MegaGear ''Ultra Light'' Neoprene Camera Case Cover Protector for DSLR Cameras Nikon D3200, D3300, D3100, Nikon D5300, D5500, D5200, D5100, D3300 with 18-55mm lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 20 July 2015
Excellent product. Not sure why the camera manufacturers do not supply something similar with their new cameras (keeps the cost down I suppose), but this is a highly-recommended aftermarket product.

Please Please Me
Please Please Me
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Please Please Me (Audio CD)
Only rates four stars because (my choice) I generally only play track 14 (which remains superb!).

Chopin: Piano Concerto No.1 - 4  Nocturnes - Ballade No.1 - Polonaise No.6
Chopin: Piano Concerto No.1 - 4 Nocturnes - Ballade No.1 - Polonaise No.6
Offered by BestSellerRecordshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Grest renditions, 2 April 2015
Excellent. Recommended buy. I mostly play tacks 8 and 9 only.

Fiesta
Fiesta

4.0 out of 5 stars One great piece, 2 April 2015
This review is from: Fiesta (Audio CD)
Only rates 4 stars because I only ever play track 4! Characteristic of Classic FM, you only ever hear played on their programmes the best tracks from albums (or indeed classical works in general; for example, have you ever heard anything other than 'Jupiter' and 'Mars' from 'The Planets' played??). Well worth the purchase-price for the one 'star-track' alone.

The Chieftains 5
The Chieftains 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Chieftains 5 (Audio CD)
I first bought this on vinyl in its year of release (1975) just after I finished at university. I subsequently bought a number of other Chieftains albums, but still reckon that this one presents the best mix of great Celtic music. Having recently re-discovered the vinyl, I thought it time to buy the CD (mainly for the car!). Recommended.

La Boheme (Beecham, RCA Victor Chorus)
La Boheme (Beecham, RCA Victor Chorus)

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but a goodie!, 19 Feb. 2015
I can thank David Mellor on Classic FM for bringing this excellent interpretation to my attention. Yes, it's old - but so what? With performances as good as this one can easily forgive the limitations of the recording processes of the day. If you're like me, you will dip-in to the CDs and select the famous arias. Of course I have other, more modern, recordings of Puccini's great opera, but this one is hard to beat - and at an attractive price too.

100 Best Berliner Philharmoniker
100 Best Berliner Philharmoniker

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific. Much as I love classic FM, 16 Feb. 2015
Terrific. Much as I love classic FM, don't bother with any of their 'Compilation Albums', or any of the multitude of others on the market. This is the real thing! Fabulous orchestra and a wonderful collection of familiar - and not so familiar - classics. Great value. Just buy it!

Chopin: Polonaises  (DG The Originals)
Chopin: Polonaises (DG The Originals)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 16 Feb. 2015
I'm not an expert, but I know what I like. I've been collecting various interpretations of the Opus 53 A flat Major Polonaise ('Heroic') and had up until now though the Martha Argerich 'Legendary 1965 Recording' to be the best. Maurizio Pollini's interpretation is - to my mind - better. I'm afraid that I mostly go straight to Track 6, but I'm sure the others will grow on me in time. This is not a high price to pay for an excellent CD. Well recommended. Just buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3