Profile for Simon > Reviews

Simon (UK)

Blood and Sand
Blood and Sand

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, bad editing, 30 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Blood and Sand (Kindle Edition)
I agree with many of the other reviews except the reading was mared by the fact that the typeface was all over the place - the line spacing was such that sometimes a sentence line only had one word, or even one letter in it. This caused something like a stutter when reading it.
apart from that an excellent book

Satmap Active 10 Plus GPS
Satmap Active 10 Plus GPS

2.0 out of 5 stars illogical menu, 7 Oct. 2010
Generally this GPS unit has had good reviews and I`m sure it is but as a lay person I have had nothing but trouble trying to use this thing. I feel the unit menu options are not logically laid out; I feel the instructions have been written by someone who has designed it and knows it inside out and therefore has no insight into how a novice would have to navigate round the system. I even had to ring SatMap to ask how to carry out a basic function. I commented on how difficult it was and the guy admitted it was not the easiest!
Trying to transfer info onto my pc has been a nightmare and I had to walk away before I had a stroke.
I suggest SatMap make a series of videos on youtube for the technophobes out there.

Finally, I have to agree with a previous comment on the battery life. My unit unit registered the battery half full but then 10 minutes later died on me at a crucial point.

I`m going off now to have a little cry
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2011 12:24 AM GMT

Blue Skies & Black Olives: A survivor's tale of housebuilding and peacock chasing in Greece
by John Humphrys

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book this year!, 26 Sept. 2009
I absolutely loved this book. We all know that John Humphrys can tell a good story -his journalistic career speaks for itself - but the hidden gem in this book is his son Christopher. The banter between father and son is very funny and adds another whole layer to this book. Christopher tells great stories about his many years spent living in Greece (I loved the saga surrounding his marriage to his Greek wife)and does so with real flair and wit. I'd be very happy to go out and down a few ouzo's with this guy - he has clearly lived life to the full while in Greece! Perhaps this pair would like to tackle another building project so that we can do some more laughing from the comfort of our sofas.. Great stuff!!