Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Tradition Be Damned (Last Hope Book 1)
Tradition Be Damned (Last Hope Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Original, 9 July 2017
Original ideas and plotline which had me hooked from the first page. I felt the writing was well thought and clever but that more detail was needed as at is it felt rushed and clunky

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin Book 1)
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start, 4 Jun. 2014
I was a little unsure of this book by reading the blurb but it turned out to be pretty good. The start was absolutely fantastic; intrigue, mystery, the thrills and games of court life. The highlight for me was the relationship between the two main characters; how their romance blossomed and developed gradually was fantastic, one of the best I've read. What ruined this book for me was the ending, the whole plot and storyline was rushed, not well explained and did not compare in the slightest to the first 2/3s of the book. I felt this especially in the romance; which initially was deliciously drawn out and well written and which left me completely confused. The whole ending I'm afraid to say didn't live up to the brilliance of the beginning, as I turned the last page it was almost like saying "well...what? Is that it?!?"

Cast In Shadow (The Chronicles of Elantra, Book 1)
Cast In Shadow (The Chronicles of Elantra, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 24 Mar. 2014
I was expecting really good things from this book, but it didn't deliver that much for me. The ideas were almost completely original, which for this genre was really refreshing but the writing let it down in my opinion. I found it very hard to follow as the writing wasn't very clear and seemed to jump for one topic to another in a very haphazard manner. Combine this with poor descriptions, rambling, somewhat incomplete concepts and a tendency to be overly melodramatic, makes for quite difficult reading. If the storyline wasn't so engaging and original I probably wouldn't have been able to find finish it. I will be buying the sequel simply because I am quite hooked by the story, overall it is a good read but unless you can persevere and cope with the haphazard style I wouldn't highly recommend it to seasoned fantasy/adventure fans.

Green Rider
Green Rider

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Green Rider (Kindle Edition)
It's rare that a book such as this grabs my attention so. I found it engaging throughout and right now am begging my internet to speed up to download the sequel as soon as possible.
Yes you can see where she got her sources from, but instead of making me cringe with disgust and horror as I would do with lesser authors, I actually found myself just as engaged. If you're looking for a cracking fantasy read which not only has a great storyline but is also fantastically written I would recommend it! I do wish she had more character description and elaboration but overall I enjoyed this immensely

Graceling (Graceling Realm Book 1)
Graceling (Graceling Realm Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 18 Feb. 2014
very engaging read, one you can't put down and you read through the night. Loved Katsa; a great female character that not only has substance but also some balls! Loved the relationship between the main characters. Unfortunately I didn't like the ending, it felt too rushed and I didn't like how open ended the relationship was left. Good read but somewhat disappointing towards the end

Magic Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 2) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)
Magic Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 2) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Jan. 2014
Good storyline and really hard to put down; I read this book in about a day. Very fast paced and a good sequel to the previous book. However, the ending just felt so rushed again. I felt the first book had this problem and hoped the sequel would be different but it was still a bit of an anti climax with some lose ends. Just feels like the first draft of a word limited essay where the beginning is full of wasteland detail but the end is jammed into a few pages. Overall a good read but the ending still felt like a disappointment.

Poison Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 1) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)
Poison Study (The Chronicles of Ixia, Book 1) (The Chronicles Of Ixia Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good captivating story, 25 Jan. 2014
I found this a really engaging read which was well written. Not a masterpiece in terms of the quality of writing, but definitely a page turner and something you don't want to put down. One problem I have with this author, in all her book is that the journey is great, but past that everything is rushed. Be it the relationships or the storyline. How they build is really detailed and wonderfully drawn out but it's almost as if the author gets bored and everything rushed an anticlimactix leaving you leaving somewhat unsatisfied and..."well is that it?...meh..."

Touch of Power (An Avry of Kazan novel, Book 1)
Touch of Power (An Avry of Kazan novel, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 2 Jan. 2014
This was rather refreshing for a fantasy novel with completely original ideas. The only thing I think that let it down was the detail of the writing; it was inconsistent and felt rushed through. I felt that the character development was incomplete and struggled to connect to the characters and events as a result. Overall a good read which kept my interest and I will read the others but I wish more detail had been put in to make it seem less "amature-ry".

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass Book 2)
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 30 Dec. 2013
Wasn't disappointed with the sequel at all! Fast paced and full of twists, if like me you like to play Sherlock this is great as it keeps you guessing all the way through. Romance did develop to the physical rather quickly and I didn't feel that it liveed up to the emotional aspect which had been created, although it was still beautiful (dancing on the balcony *sob of joy*). Overall a really fantastic sequel can't wait for the next!!!

Throne of Glass
Throne of Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Throne of Glass (Kindle Edition)
Truly fantastic. Read it in almost one go. Couldn't put it down for days and will start the sequel immediately!

Page: 1 | 2