Profile for Select L. Pili > Reviews

Content by Select L. Pili

Select L. Pili "Harry" (Italy)

Urbanz ZIPCPK Zip Multi-device Stereo Headphone - Pink
Urbanz ZIPCPK Zip Multi-device Stereo Headphone - Pink
Offered by SORK-LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars seem fine, 3 Jan. 2013
Headphones arrived today. Fit my 7 year old perfectly, and extend to fit me too (44!) Comfortable, light. Seem to be good value for money. Quality more than high enough for her use.

Stupid Criminals: Hilarious and True Crime Stories
Stupid Criminals: Hilarious and True Crime Stories

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgraceful, 8 Feb. 2012
I'm not sure who is more stupid. Me for buying this book or the criminals mentioned in it.
I read it from start to finish in less than 5 minutes. Hilarious? Not at all. A total rip off.
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK.
Shame on the author, and shame on Amazon for selling it.

Terminal Earth
Terminal Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked . . . ., 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Terminal Earth (Kindle Edition)
. . . from start to finish.
This isn't my favourite genre, either. I wanted to like it because a dear friend of mine is one of the authors, and like it I did.
The stories are genuinely interesting and the characters so real. Of the twenty three stories I can honestly say that there was only one that I really didn't enjoy, and another couple that were clearly weaker than the rest. That's pretty good going by anyone's standards.
Some stories are strangely uplifting considering the subject matter, others sad. There is even a good laugh or two along the way. The variety of pace and content, however, means that you don't dwell on any one emotion for too long :-)
I thoroughly recommend this book. It has opened my eyes to a genre I would never have previously considered.

Cybill Disobedience
Cybill Disobedience
by Cybill Shepherd

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Cybill Disobedience (Paperback)
Ok, so maybe I didn't give it as much of a chance as I should have. I made it to the end of Chapter 3 and gave up. I found it terribly boring and poorly written. I'm the sort of person that usually finishes what I start - I've only ever walked out of a cinema once and rarely close a book permanently before the last page. However, this really is dire. Don't waste your time.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving my kindle, 22 Feb. 2011
I'll be brief. This isn't a technical review.
I took delivery of my device last September. Since then I've read about 14 books - some of them short stories, some longer novels. So what?
Well, in the previous five years I had read precisely 0 books at all! (babies, no sleep, no more lazy evenings etc). The kindle device is so lovely to hold and use that it has rekindled (excuse the pun) my desire to read. I now find the time to use it. I carry it with me. I no longer fear the wait at the bank \ doctor \ Town Hall \ airport. Hell, I even volunteer to go to the post office :-)
Thanks Amazon for reintroducing me to an old friend, in whose company I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

The Bridge Builder Of Arta
The Bridge Builder Of Arta

4.0 out of 5 stars A cracking first story for my new Kindle, 8 Oct. 2010
I downloaded this book having previously read several of Neil Coghlan's short stories.
Set at the turn of the 20th century, The Bridge Builder of Arta is a beautiffuly told tale of a man and his young family's move to the seaside town of Scarborough . . and the curious discovery he makes there.
Neil Coghlan's highly descriptive writing paints fascinating pictures, and his storytelling has you hooked to the very end.
The Bridge Builder of Arta is definitely worth a read.