Profile for Stephen > Reviews

Content by Stephen

Stephen

Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed finding out more about the activities that lead to Mitnick's notoriety, 30 Mar. 2016
As someone who has previously read "The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security" I found "the Ghost in the Wires" a great way to find out about the actions that lead to Mitnick's notoriety.

Mebby Baby and Child Digital Scales with Removable Tray
Mebby Baby and Child Digital Scales with Removable Tray
Offered by Farmacia San Francesco

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and seem accurate., 8 Aug. 2015
Seems to match will with the "official" weights done by the hospital and nursing teams, but more convenient and allows us to keep a close eye on the weights of our twins as they work through some feeding difficulties.

Spares2go Universal Dishwasher Cutlery Basket Cage Lid & Removable Handle (235 x 242 x 130)
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 8 Aug. 2015
We were looking for a cutlery tray that had a folding lid that could cover half of it. This did the trick.

3/4" Brass Washing Machine Blanking Cap
3/4" Brass Washing Machine Blanking Cap
Offered by S.N.H Tradecentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin., 3 Jan. 2015
Did what I wanted, providing me with extra confidence that the pipe wouldn't leak after the machine was disconnected. Not much else to say really.

Anker 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-port Solar Charger with PowerIQ Technology for 5V USB-charged Devices Including GPS Units, iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient solar panel which provides a decent amount of power, 13 Sept. 2014
I've used this on a couple of camping trips this year and it has been great. Charges my phone slowly when overcast and quickly when in bright sunshine. Used it to charge up quite a few phones for Leaders on Scout camp.

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i for PC/MAC
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i for PC/MAC

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, compact, convenient, 4 Jan. 2014
We bought this to scan bills and so on, to save keeping stacks of paper or having to think about what to keep or throw out. For that purpose it is great: pop the pages in the scanner, press the button and get a PDF. It is that simple, even for things printed double sided, which (combined with the added speed) makes it so much more efficient than the page feeder on the flatbed scanner part of our multi-function printer.

TeckNet® iEP392 12000mAH Heavy Duty 2.1A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the new iPad 3, new iPad mini, iPad2, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S/4/3Gs/3G, iPod Touch all versions; Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S; HTC Titan, Sensation, ONE S/V/X, EVO Thunderbolt, Desire; LG Optimus series; Blackberry Bold, Curve, Torch; Motorola Razr HD/MAXX & Bionic, Atrix/2; Nokia Lumia 700/800/900 and GoPro (iEP392 Heavy Duty 5V/2.1A/1A high speed charger)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, works well with all the devices we've tried, 24 May 2013
I bought this as a present for my partner, who wanted something small enough to pop into her bag to ensure she had backup power available should her phone run low. It does exactly what she wanted, and she now regularly uses it for charging both her HTC phone and her Google Nexus 7. We've also both used it on camping trips, and I've been sufficiently impressed that I'm intending to order one for myself as well.

This battery pack will happily charge our devices several times over between being recharged itself. The battery pack charges itself using the supplied mains adapter, though I've also successfully charged it from the car using a multi-voltage "universal" adapter.

Acer K11 DLP Projector (LED Illumination, 2000:1, 200 ANSI Lumens, 800x600 SVGA) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little projector, 21 Mar. 2012
I'm really happy with this projector, which I've had for a bit over a month now. I wanted something portable, but bright enough to use when providing training to small groups of people. I often use it at night, but without wanting to create a dark room by turning the lights out. It manages this perfectly well, in fact brighter than an ancient non-DLP projector that I've previously been using at one venue. Auto-keystone is useful too. It comes with a nice padded case, though sadly the PSU doesn't fit inside the case. The whole thing is sufficiently small that on one evening I cycled 25+ miles with both it and my laptop without problems. I'm not aware of too many other projectors I'd have wanted to do that with!

Why not 5 stars?
The fan is a little loud. Not really a problem, but definitely audible.
Adjusting the projected image size is only possibly by moving the projector closer or further from the screen.