Profile for DGY > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Standing Desk, Stand Up Desk or Standing Desk Converter From My Freedom Desk
Standing Desk, Stand Up Desk or Standing Desk Converter From My Freedom Desk
Offered by Alexander Thomas London

3.0 out of 5 stars ... had a bunch of standing desks and this isn't bad for using a laptop, 13 Sept. 2017
I've had a bunch of standing desks and this isn't bad for using a laptop. But it's overpriced by about ten times. Fundamentally it's no more complicated than a largeish packaging box...

Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater - White
Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater - White

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern grating miracle., 5 Aug. 2016
Oh, now we're talking. When I was a kid my mother used to have a 70s version of this. It was called a Mouli grater and it was the same idea - you stuck a lump of cheese in a little hopper, pressed down on it using the handle and turned the drum. Grated cheese came out. Only problem was that with 70s manufacturng technology it was all a bit janky and lumps and sheets of cheese ended up as by-products.

Not so any more. This beauty is a product of the modern age. Super-tight tolerances mean none of the problems of before (a little cheese inevitably gets caught on the outside of the drum but that is the chef's reward). Easy to clean with no nooks or crannies. Super sharp grating drum. Fun for kids to turn the handle.

It's fabulous. No better way to grate.

Mini Babybel Standard Cheese, 240 g
Mini Babybel Standard Cheese, 240 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver medal in the snack-size cheese championships, 5 Aug. 2016
Now, these are the silver award winners in small sized cheesy snacks. They're glorious, pretty consistent, the wax is fun, quite tasty. Really very excellent at their job. They will never, however, come close to the glory of Marmite cheddar cheesy things. Similar size, but plastic wrapped. What they lack in wax-coating, though, they more than make up in salty umami goodness. I keep Babybel on hand as well, because it's possble to have too much of a good thing and these are reassuringly bland. So well done BabyBel, champion wax-covered-bland-snack-size cheese. Your silver medal is well deserved

Nature's Premium Organic Carrots 750g
Nature's Premium Organic Carrots 750g

3.0 out of 5 stars Orange, carroty, 5 Aug. 2016
Wow. Amazon wants me to review carrots. They are, you know, carroty. Actually I can't remember a massive amount about them because I used Amazon's grocery thing once, the day it launched, to try it out. And it was OK but it didn't give Ocado anything to worry about. So it was quite a while ago now and as far as I remember these were perfectly carroty carrots.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for occasional bike-fixers (and more frequent ones too)., 5 Aug. 2016
This is great. It's a bit overkill for me, because I'm not exactly an active engineer. But it's incredibly annoying to need a bolt and not to have it to hand, and sod's law says it only ever happens at a moment when it matters a lot and there's no time. So this is tucked away - I bought it when I needed one bolt and have already discovered two more I didn't know I would need. Very handy. Lots of non-bike uses too, I'll be bound.

Draytek AP900 - DrayTek Vigor - Dual-Band Wireless Access Point With PoE
Draytek AP900 - DrayTek Vigor - Dual-Band Wireless Access Point With PoE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, finally I have reliable wifi all over my property. Expensive compared to consumer stuff) but worth it, 20 Jun. 2016
I recently decided to sort out my home network which had become a hodge-podge of consumer and SoHo gear. some of it quite elderly and working together quite badly. I started with a Draytek Vigor 2925 router to sit inside my network and firewall everything, let me VPN in and give me (in future) load balancing between two separate ISP lines. This was replacing a Netgear unit which had built in WiFi and seemed to be getting a bit eccentric and unreliable.

The original idea was to then repurpose some existing consumer grade Wifi routers, position them around the house and everything would work fine. Problem with that is that making them function as a single seamless network and hand-off to each other is a tricky business. But reading into the Draytek stuff more, I realised that my Vigor router could manage these hotspots and they could all function as an integrated system.

So I splashed out, replaced my existing wifi gear, with these and got everything up and running in about half an hour. I now have a single wifi network running off two of these hotspots, connected back to the router via Cat5, there's a strong signal everywhere, devices don't try to cling on to a distant hotspot when there's a better signal nearer.

I know some reviews of these have pointed out that they're a bit low-end in the world of massive, managed, wifi networks but for me they're a huge step up and they work great. Being able to log into the router and manage the hotspots from within that interface is great but the way they seem to work really well together is the clincher. Way more expensive than consumer grade stuff, but everyone I know grumbles about their Wifi connections and - so far - I have finally managed to get a rock solid, reliable, set-up which is well worth the extra money.

SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer- Black
SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer- Black
Offered by fotomeister24

4.0 out of 5 stars Liberatingly simple. Fewer choices, more fun., 11 April 2016
This printer is great. The minimalism is liberating and the ease is fantastic. Dye sublimation is a fantastic printing process, long life and jst like "proper" photos without the chemicals and mess. The pics look great. We're having fun printing things and making collages, pinning them to walls,displaying them using binder clips to make them stand upright, putting them in homework and sending them as postcatds to friends. The prints work out decently cheap and should last forever. Only criticism is that Canon's Android app is only available in the Google Play store, which is a shame if you don't want to log in to Google. They could put it in other places (the Amazon app store, to pick a random example) or make it available for direct download.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed design, want to love it but can't., 11 April 2016
I have had a couple of these. One was replaced by Knog (full marks to them - they sent a new one quickly and without quibbling). But overall this light and others by Knog are a bit frustrating. This one has a strap to attach it to the handlebars. The strap can be removed (they supply two for different sized bars) but this means it can also come off. Which it has done, more than once, when I am cycling. This morning it pinged off and I found the light lying on the road but not the strap. So I will have to get a replacement. Just seems like an imperfect design, and having had more than one I know it's not just bad luck.

The recharging mechanism is also a bit odd. There's a flappy connector which unfolds from the back and can go into any USB socket. Clever. However because of the light being attached, it's a bit awkward to actually plug it directly in to most USB sockets (although I quite often plug the lights directly into a USB external battery pack which works quite well). So they supply little USB extension cables to make it easier. Handy, but sort of defeats the purpose of the clever design. I wonder if the ubiquitous micro-USB would be a better choice?

As a iight, though, it's great. Bright, compact, easy to put on and off the bike. Ideal in London, where being visible matters but every now and again you want the light to actually light up the road as well. If they get their strap and their charging sorted out, it would be the ideal for me, size and power-wise...
Comment Comment | Permalink

14cm Collapsible Funnel Colour: Navy
14cm Collapsible Funnel Colour: Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for funnelling, 12 Mar. 2016
Oooh I love this. I have a collapsible colander as well. Saves loads of space. The only thing wrong with this is you can't stick it in a watermelon to pour vodka in there for a summer party. It fulfills all other funneling needs admirably.I think I might become a collapsible guru...!

AmazonBasics Microfibre Cleaning Cloths, Pack of 48
AmazonBasics Microfibre Cleaning Cloths, Pack of 48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, fantastic price, 11 Feb. 2016
Oh man, I love microfibre cloths for so many things but they're so overpriced! Not any more. These are cheap as chips, excellent quality, incredibly useful for more or less anything which you can use a cloth for and a load more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7