Profile for NikNik > Reviews

Content by NikNik

NikNik "NJ" (Marlow, Buckinghamshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Angels & Demons [DVD] [2009]
Angels & Demons [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the book....but then what ever is?, 4 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Angels & Demons [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
After seeing the Da Vinci Code, I suppose I knew what to expect - a film very loosely based around a book! It didn't disappoint! Perhaps I would have given the film 5 if I had not read the book - but sorry, I can only give a 3!

The River Cottage Fish Book
The River Cottage Fish Book
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST LOVE THIS BOOK!, 23 Aug. 2009
Was at a friend's house and saw this in her kitchen....had a idle flick through. As soon as I got home, I ordered one of my own! I love fish but am not all that au fait with what's what - this book tells you everything. How to choose them, how to store them, how to gut/fillet them and how best to use them. There are some utterly devine receipes and all of them simple - Hugh also gives alternative fish ideas should you not have/like/want the main fish suggested. His Quick Pasta Supper receipe is a complete winner - sooooo simple, and completely delicious! And who would have thought a "Kipper Carbonara" could get you going? It's an awesome book - it has pride of plaice (excuse the pun!) in my kitchen. See it, want it, buy it - LOVE IT! :)

Remington S7902 Wet2Straight Hair Straightener
Remington S7902 Wet2Straight Hair Straightener

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad...but not brilliant, 23 Aug. 2009
I am a GHD user, but do get fed up with blow drying then straightening...such a fag! I read the reviews on these babies and took a flyer (as reviews are mixed). I would say that they totally cut down on time and hair is not subjected to double heating (very good), and my hair looks great once finished (people even comment on it). However, the not so good bits are that they do not seem to "clamp" your hair that well, so even if you go over and over a section it does not always give a completely straight result - I have found that if I squeeze the plates together whilst they on my hair (being careful not to burn my fingers!) then this works, but it is not really an ideal solution! Also, after a day, whilst my hair does still remain straight (which it does not with GHD - I have to go over it again daily) it is very greasy...definitely not a good look, I resemble Severus Snape!! So as you can see, there are pros and cons. I am going to persevere though, as I do think my hair benefits from not blow drying it - and as it is not extremely long hair, washing it every other day won't kill me :) PS: I only use the "wet hair" setting (there is a "dry" one too - but to me that defeats the object of why I bought them).

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Rrrrrrrubish!, 23 Aug. 2009
I did expect these things to actually ATTEMPT to straighten my hair! My hair is thin, but I have lots of it. I have tried all sorts of straighteners (still maintain GHD are the best) and decided to buy these for travelling. These are almost as useless as my cordless braun gas ones! They are very tiny, which is fine/great for packing - but a reckon I could do better myself with just my fingers! Get what you pay for I suppose - they are very cheap at £18.99! Don't imagine I will bother taking them anywhere now....ho hum :)

Geratherm Clinic - 2038 Digital Thermometer
Geratherm Clinic - 2038 Digital Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 23 Aug. 2009
Very basic but perfect. Large screen shows temperature after a beep. It is not instant, sometimes taking up to 40 seconds - but to be fair, if you want instant you need to pay quite a bit for a digital. This is cheap and does what it says on the tin! Very good value for money :)

Page: 1 | 2