Profile for light reader > Reviews

Content by light reader

light reader

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall I love it and would definitely recommend, 10 April 2015
The Kindle itself is just brilliant I love it. It is so much better than my trusty old kindle which I have only abandoned because the case with built in light has broken. I don't think I'll use half the features as I'll never get my head around them but for straightforward buying, reading and having my books easily to hand it is great.
I am not however so thrilled with the information provided regarding "set up". The first thing I wanted to do was purchase a protective case and I ended up calling customer support because nowhere on the packaging or on the Kindle did it actually say which model I had bought yet on the website I was presented with cases and descriptions such as: "will only fit 4th and 5th generation". The advisor was able to tell me and response time from the Kindle help line was very quick.
There isn't a charger included which I think is poor. It can be charged on a PC and I think I can use my old charger head using the USB included but this is not 100% clear. Not very convenient if you run out of juice on a journey with no PC available. If my old charger doesn't work then I'll have to buy a new one at £18.00.
And will wish I'd ordered it the same time as my case. If the paperwhite does stay charged as long as the claim I won't know this for a few weeks! Moans aside it is a great piece of kit and I love it.

tinkertonk MEASURE FITNESS PERSONAL BODY FAT TESTER CALIPERS WITH MANUAL & CHARTS TESTER
Offered by SupplyEU

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Dec. 2014
Took forever to arrive and isn't accurate,

HDE Fitness Sport Pulse Watch with Heart Rate Monitor and Calorie Counter Weightloss Help
Offered by HDE

2.0 out of 5 stars not good for me I'm not quick enough to work it ..., 19 Dec. 2014
not good for me I'm not quick enough to work it during exercise by the time I hit the right buttons to view my heart rate it has dropped!

Emile Henry Noir Raymond Blanc Tarte Tatin 30cmcm
Emile Henry Noir Raymond Blanc Tarte Tatin 30cmcm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Dec. 2014
My tarte tatin looked so professional I love it.

A House in the Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 1)
A House in the Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read on rural France, 15 Nov. 2014
See my review of other book in the trilogy I like these books gety much.

A Harvest of Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 2)
A Harvest of Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Redolent of life in rural France, 15 Nov. 2014
I'm on the third book in this trilogy so I guess that says I like them. It is a realistic read regarding life in rural France spanning over 30 years. They were more than " maison secondaires" but still kept a property in the UK. There's a bit too much emphasis on food and wine, but then it is life in France! What I like about it is that it's like sitting in a room with Ruth and her just chatting about what they did and what happened; there's no story or plot as such but it is very enjoyable. I also know it's realistic because three decades after R and M bought their house we have done the same and many episodes are remarkably similar although like everywhere life is changing so some of the more enviable aspects are changing, thankfully not much! They have been very lucky to become such a part of a French farming family 's life.
I would recommend the trilogy. Happy reading.

TV Simulator Security Device to Deter Thieves and Burglars
TV Simulator Security Device to Deter Thieves and Burglars
Offered by Digitalis Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Plausible good value, 15 Nov. 2014
So far so very good. Wanted it for a first floor room so Had to place near the window but facing slant wise into the room went away for three weeks andbit was still working when I got back. I had to go outside in the dark a few times to look at the effect then go back and reposition until I was happy with the effect. It gives off a blue/white display of colour that shifts and moves just like a TV does. It's not exact but I think it does the trick to anyone lurking outside so overall good value for money v

A House in the High Hills: Dreams and Disasters of Life in a Spanish Farmhouse
A House in the High Hills: Dreams and Disasters of Life in a Spanish Farmhouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading and evocative of days in Spain, 23 July 2014
I enjoyed this book very much. I had wondered what happened to Selina Scott and was glad to learn that far from vanishing from public life she has gone on to do many high profile things. I don't know how I missed the epic documentary on Spain and would love to watch it.
The book fluctuates between the usual trials and tribulations of house renovation in remote places and her working life in the media which is interesting. It also has an animal lover theme running through it as she is appalled by the attitude towards stray and pet cats and dogs in Spain and tries to help at least a few.
Balance of factual stuff and idyllic living in Mallorca.
Nice reading.

The House with Blue Shutters
The House with Blue Shutters

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great holiday read being based in a gite but it ..., 10 July 2014
This is a great holiday read being based in a gite but it swings back into the past and entwines life now with the war and is at the same time light hearted but with the right amount of harshness to it. very evocative of rural France past and present.

Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France
Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who hanker after a place in the ..., 10 July 2014
Great for those who hanker after a place in the sun, or have one that they can't spend enough time in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3