Profile for Tenchi > Reviews

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Breakfast at Tiffany's
by Truman Capote

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tale..., 5 May 2010
This review is from: Breakfast at Tiffany's (Paperback)
SPOILER ALERT

(I wish more people would write that above if they intend on divulging more...)

I prefer the film ending if you ask me. This book ends on a sour note, or maybe I'm just too much of a romantic. Regardless this is book is written wonderfully and I couldn't put it down till I finished.

LG MS-1942 microwave oven, 800w, touch control, 0.7cu ft capacity, silver
LG MS-1942 microwave oven, 800w, touch control, 0.7cu ft capacity, silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy and still going, 5 May 2010
Had this for over a year now and it's still going, nothing broken, everything working as I would expect despite a few curries exploding inside...

There are a few settings for certain types of dishes that I found superfluous as we don't make those dishes in a microwave, but I suppose some people might find it useful. Not really a grievance though...

Anatomy for the Artist
Anatomy for the Artist
by Sarah Simblet

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a wonderful resource, 5 May 2010
This review is from: Anatomy for the Artist (Hardcover)
There is no other reference book that is as good as this. The book is huge, lots of pictures of anterior, exterior views of the various parts of the body, supplemented by drawings of the muscles on transparent pages placed on top of the relevant body part.

I just wish more people would make books like this. The other anatomy for artist books are either grainy pictures of nudes from the 70s or hideous drawings of badly proportioned naked people. I use this book and my wealth of reference collected from the net, all the other books for me are useless.

French Stories (Dover Dual Language French)
French Stories (Dover Dual Language French)
by Wallace Fowlie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Parallel book, 5 May 2010
As the title says this is a great parallel book for french learners. There is another more modern book available too on amazon, and I would not suggest getting that instead, but getting both. Both are good, but the other has more enjoyable stories for me.

Photoshop CS3 Essential Skills
Photoshop CS3 Essential Skills
by Mark Galer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and still relevant..., 5 May 2010
I have CS4 now and this is still useful and will still be when I upgrade to CS5. There are some great tutorials and most are useful. It's written well and structured nicely.

Maya 8 Character Modeling: A Practical Approach to the Art of Professional Character Modeling (Wordware Applications Library)
by Gary Oliverio

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit dated now, but still worthwhile..., 5 May 2010
As a standalone book for learning to model, this is not recommended. Even though this is written for Maya 8.0 it is still relevant, the jump from say Maya7 to Maya2010 will not leave you bewildered, you will familiarise yourself in minutes.

As far as learning to model, this book was brilliant when I was learning how to poly model.

I think the only thing this book doesn't teach is how model form and anatomy aesthetics. The female model looks kinda horrible for me, but of course this won't harm your learning.

French short stories: Nouvelles Francaises (New Penguin Parallel Text Series): Short Stories in French
by Richard Coward

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, should be more of these..., 5 May 2010
I've tried to get all the french/engligh parallel books available on amazon and this one is the best. There is another, its name I forget, that has stories that are older. This book newer and so more modern...

Both books are good and I suggest french learners to get all the parallel books you can.

NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Rockin', 5 May 2010
This review is from: NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Game rocks, control system rocks, look and feel is awesome. I used this game to understand the rules and how basketball is played and I was not disappointed. I will be getting 2010 now...

Art of Ratatouille (Pixar Animation)
Art of Ratatouille (Pixar Animation)
by John Lasseter

4.0 out of 5 stars Great art.... mostly, 5 May 2010
Half the art in this book is to die for. There are also great descriptions of ideas and story accompanying the art.

I wasn't too big a fan of the cg paintover art ...I would have prefered more original art. But overall the colours and art in this book are worth getting it. The film is lovely and getting a peak at the what it takes Pixar to make a film like this is wonderful!

Exodyssey: Visual Development of an Epic Adventure by Steambot Studios
Exodyssey: Visual Development of an Epic Adventure by Steambot Studios
by David Levy

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 and half stars for this awesome book, 5 May 2010
This doesn't get the 5 stars for me because I couldn't get it in Hardback. HBs last longer and preserves artbooks better.

As far as content, the art in this book is superb, the artists are geniuses and I love their style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4