Profile for CKB > Reviews

Content by CKB

CKB (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
20 Sealapack Slow Cooker Liners Cooking Bags 4 x 5 Pack For Round & Oval Cookers
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did i wait so long..., 26 July 2016
As a struggling cook, i have relied on my slow cooker for years. But why i didnt buy this excellent product before, is my loss! All i have to do now is wash the lid. What a fantastic invention. Full marks.

Rentokil FF89 Pesticide Free Fly Paper (Pack of 8)
Rentokil FF89 Pesticide Free Fly Paper (Pack of 8)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 26 July 2016
Terrible quality im afraid to say, and really should not be for sale. They all came apart when opened each one carefully. Due to the mess i decided not to return to vendor, my hands were a complete mess, so straight into the bin. I think this is my first negative review on Amazon.

Seed Corral - No Mess Bird Feeder
Seed Corral - No Mess Bird Feeder
Offered by Northern Parrots

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the hooks, 8 April 2016
This has really cut down on the mess my little budgie makes when eating. I have used it for over a month now. I use it outside his cage door and after a few days he ventured in and now loves it. It also has great acoustics he has found! As for the fiddly hooks, they are a disaster. Very fiddly and fall out at the worst minute such as emptying into a smelly bin. Fiddly to then get back on again to cage, at this stage I don't think I will ever discover the secret..BUT I would rather put up with that than all the cleaning I did before the purchase.
TIP : Hold on to them darn hooks hard when removing,emptying and refitting to cage.

Selwyn Hughes: My Story
Selwyn Hughes: My Story
by Selwyn Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very honest autobiography, 23 Sept. 2015
One thing stands out to me from this book - pure honesty. I was impressed at how Rev Hughes gave his story " warts and all" and wasn't afraid to highlight his flaws. I took comfort that he took waded through many setbacks and mistakes. What a refreshing read! Like a previous reviewer i agree the lists of names could be tedious at times, and i would liked to have ready more about his family. I loved reading this book and seeing how he came through so much tragedy in his life.

Paisley: From Demagogue to Democrat?
Paisley: From Demagogue to Democrat?
by Ed Moloney

3.0 out of 5 stars Better called " I hate Paisley", 23 Sept. 2015
Probably better called " I hate Ian Paisley", the author clearly sets out to paint this human in the darkest possible light. He can see no good in him whatsoever. So you will not read any good stories or interviews from his Roman Catholic constituents in North Antrim for example, whom he helped and kept voting him back in. You will not find any interviews with people who liked him, or people who looked up to him. Men varying from Martin McGuiness to the biggest Protestant church leader in Northern Ireland don't get quoted. Instead i read page after page meticulously filled with quotes by his critics. It did make me smile though when the author lamented that Mr Paisley`s family refused to contribute to his book - one wonders why? Most people in the book are called by full names, but Mr Paisley just gets named Paisley throughout. He also makes false statements such as "baptists believe that Baptism is a condition for salvation". He paints the loyalist and Free Presbyterian community as being somewhat intellectually dim, a rather sweeping slur. Much emphasis is spent on the evils commited by the Loyalist community during the troubles - and this should be condemned i agree. But little is made of the slaughter, secrect burials of men, women and children from the Republican community.
Having said that, it really is a great read and provides a fascinating, albeit clearly biased, summary of recent Northern Ireland history.Maybe now since Mr Paisley, oh sorry "Paisley", is now dead, hopefully the author has got everything off his chest by now and can now move on. Now here is a true story : i once met Mr Paisley in a shop in 1998. I confided in him i a health problem i had. He took me aside, and tenderly advised me and promised to pray for me. Here is another one : a friend of mine was on the brink of suicide after his wife left him, house and all. In desperation he called at Mr Paisleys church, met him in his office, and as a direct result is still alive today. And here is my last one: i know one his former police bodyguards. He told me he was the nicest politician to work for and the most generous also, even buying him a very expensive bible to read.So there really are two sides to people. No one is ever perfect, but this author clearly tries much too hard indeed to paint his subject in as dark a light as possible.

Apollo RB 3-Tier Spice Rack Holds 15 Jars
Apollo RB 3-Tier Spice Rack Holds 15 Jars

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking even if not wall mounting, 17 Sept. 2015
Not wall- mounted as i somehow thought. But i managed to find a nice spot for it anyway to sit on worktop. It didn't come with any leaflet, picture or instructions. I can fit Schwartz bottles into it. My LIDL items don't fit into it. Nice looking item.

Daily Dozen
Daily Dozen

5.0 out of 5 stars To the Point and timeless, 17 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Daily Dozen (Kindle Edition)
This is excellent and light years ahead of its time. It shows how nothing much changes. Its 35 pages gets to the point . I found myself smiling as i can see how much today's strength and conditioning "gurus" are using Hoffman`s ideas only fleshed out much more. Keep these York reprints coming please!

Gia Garlic Puree 90 g (Pack of 12)
Gia Garlic Puree 90 g (Pack of 12)
Offered by Leevio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and handy for fridge, 17 Sept. 2015
Great and handy for my fridge. No complaints at all and i love it and use it often each week.

Cornish Smoked Sea Salt - 225g Tub
Cornish Smoked Sea Salt - 225g Tub
Offered by Hallmark Range Hampers

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but could be smoked more, 17 Sept. 2015
I previously used Marks&Spencers smoked sea salt, and loved. But they seem to have stopped it. So i bought this. Its ok, not as smoked as the M&S was. Could be greatly improved. Better than nothing though.

Badger Organic Sleep Balm 56g
Badger Organic Sleep Balm 56g

1.0 out of 5 stars Scent-less Vaseline, 17 Sept. 2015
No scent at all from this, no matter how much applied. Seemed more like pure Vaseline. Tip: Elemis and Bodyshop make decent versions of this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7