Profile for David R. > Reviews

Content by David R.

David R. (Reading, Berks)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Metal Offset Icing Spatula Set Stainless Steel Angled Cake Knife Professional Tools for Baking Cake Decorating 6 8 10 Inch Length
Offered by Vgold

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful gadgets, 24 May 2017
A nice set of spatulas. Very easy to use.

Andrew James Ice Cream Maker - Voted "Best Buy" By Which? Magazine. 1.5 Litre - White
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - but make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, 11 Oct. 2016
Providing you follow the instructions in the accompanying booklet this machine works wonderfully well. My first attempt was at making raspberry ice cream. I was amazed at both the flavour and the vibrant colour. It looked almost as though there were artificial colouring in it, but there wasn't. All I put in was raspberry purée (made from home-grown raspberries), double cream and sugar. My second attempt was with blackberries; not quite so successful in terms of flavour but then blackberries don't have the same pronounced flavour as raspberries, but it was still very pleasant. Next I'll try blackcurrants and, gradually, I'll get rid of the boxes of frozen fruit I collect each autumn!

This is certainly a very good "best buy"!

Tefal KI260A Maison Stainless Steel Beige Jug Kettle
Tefal KI260A Maison Stainless Steel Beige Jug Kettle

2.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, 9 Oct. 2016
UPDATE ON 7th NOVEMBER AT THE END

I bought this to replace a Philips kettle that I'd had for over ten years (I couldn't get a replacement base for the Philips but the kettle was still fine). Initially I found the Tefal irritating, simply because it was different, but I've had it now for six weeks and have got used to it.

When I bought mine it cost £49.99 but I see that some colours have come down £10 in price. Although it's a good kettle I still think that's expensive. I have a Tefal kettle in France which is just as good and even has options for how hot you actually want the water and that cost me about £20 about three years ago (and the filter is much more efficient). The Maison kettle here is more basic, but at least it's metal and has a nice brushed finish. It looks good!

So I'm quite happy with it now, but I've given it only four stars because I think it's overpriced.

UPDATE: I've been using the kettle now for more than two months now and I am less satisfied with it. I'm dropping my review to two stars for these reasons:

1. The lid is quite difficult to remove. Anyone with arthritis in their hands would have problems.

2. The filter is loose and falls out if the kettle is inverted

3. The filter is inefficient. I drink tea without milk and it should be clear but it is cloudy.

TNT SAT HD FOR FRENCH TV CANAL READY PRE-ACTIVATED 4 YEAR CARD AND TEOX HD RECEIVER

3.0 out of 5 stars This is for Astra only, 24 Mar. 2016
This receiver will work only on the Astra satellite at 19.2 degrees east. I didn't know this at the time but would have done if the advert had said explicitly that it could not be used with Eutelsat at 5 degrees west.

I have to give a star rating. Mine is a neutral as I can get as I cannot give an objective assessment of whether it works well or not.

Kenwood AT950 Mincer and Food Grinder Attachment for Kenwood Chef and Major - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient, 31 Jan. 2016
A very good add-on to the Kenwood. Makes short work of mincing leftover meat, but I would say that it's probably not worth using it for very small quantities because of the time taken to assemble and then clean up afterwards. But it does do an excellent job.

Doves Farm Quick Yeast 125 g (Pack of 8)
Doves Farm Quick Yeast 125 g (Pack of 8)
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite the best I've ever used., 31 Jan. 2016
I always use this quick yeast as it's quite the best I've ever had. My grown-up family, who all have bread makers, are always amazed at how light the bread is when made with this yeast.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 31 Jan. 2016
A very good replacement remote control for my Samsung TV. Unfortunately I didn't notice in the photograph that it doesn't have all the record/playback controls that my original had, but that was my fault entirely.

Kitchen Craft White Lattice Pastry Roller
Kitchen Craft White Lattice Pastry Roller

5.0 out of 5 stars Well, it just works!, 31 Jan. 2016
Don't really need to say any more than that!

Premium Leather Case / Cover for Apple iPad by TORRO (iPad Air, Tan)
Premium Leather Case / Cover for Apple iPad by TORRO (iPad Air, Tan)
Offered by TORRO Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent complement to the iPad Air, 25 Jan. 2016
Very impressed with the service (delivery far sooner than estimated) and the quality of the goods. My iPad Air fits very snugly into this case.

ibili Cookie Cutters Set Hexagonal, Silver, 4.9 cm, 6-Piece
ibili Cookie Cutters Set Hexagonal, Silver, 4.9 cm, 6-Piece

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather flimsy, 11 Jan. 2016
I'm sorry to say that the cutter I used broke at its first use. Whatever is used to "glue" the join together just isn't strong enough. Amazon have, however, sent me a replacement set without quibble.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8