Length:: 0:21 Mins
Just about everything has been thought of both in the construction and accessories of this camera from its solid camouflage casing to the three PIRs. The lens is quite far in thus protecting it from scratches or contamination i.e. finger prints or curious creatures wet noses. As for the IP54 rating, well if that is the case then it is only shower/splash proof, a rating of IP65 is required for waterproof. Having said that I have left it out in fairly heavy rain but I wouldn’t be happy leaving it unprotected in the weather we get on the West Coast of Scotland.
Apart from everything one requires leads, strap, fixing bracket etc., the camera comes with a helpful quick start and a reasonable manual, 27 pages of English.
Set the switch to test and press Menu, I have set mine as follows
• Mode - Video - Ok
• Video size 1080p
• Video length 20 seconds
• Interval 0 seconds
• Time stamp on
• Time lapse off, though some may wish to use this
• Volume record High
• Volume playback Normal
• Switch off and then it is just a matter of trial and error to position it.
• To replay on the built in screen
• Set to Test, Press Replay, the amount of activations will appear, top right
• Press the down button to scroll through the clips and press OK to view.
Please be aware that 8 AA cells are required but what a great little camera.
The video quality on PC or TV is way better than this clip.