Profile for ClaireB > Reviews

ClaireB (Somerset, UK)

Children of Chaos
Children of Chaos

4.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Children of Chaos (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down. The protagonist is nothing if not a realist, making the unbelievable believable. I was there with him, far from home in the dark.

Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?
Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 2 Feb. 2013
I love this album. Paloma has such a beautiful, unusual voice and she turns the gorgeous songs on this album into something unique. Highly recommended!

The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary Classics)
The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary Classics)
by Margaret Atwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably my favourite book, 12 July 2011
The Handmaid's Tale is set in a near-future dystopian society where most women are infertile and those who can have children are shipped out to the rich and powerful to act as surrogate mothers. This is a Big Brother state in which people's every move is watched and personal freedom is an historical concept. Brainwashing is the weapon of choice and if that fails, hanging, torture and radiation poisoning in the 'colonies' are next in line. This is the story of Offred, captured after trying to escape the regime with her husband and daughter, and sent to live with the Commander and his wife. A truly poignant story of a woman trying to survive everyday life in this repressive state, her dreams of a better future, and of the love and desire of the two men on which her future depends. A brilliant book that never fails to draw me in, I highly recommend it.

The Handmaid's Tale [DVD]
The Handmaid's Tale [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natasha Richardson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite films, 12 July 2011
This review is from: The Handmaid's Tale [DVD] (DVD)
This film is set in a near-future dystopian society where most women are infertile and those who can have children are shipped out to the rich and powerful to act as surrogate mothers. This is a Big Brother state in which people's every move is watched and personal freedom is an historical concept. Brainwashing is the weapon of choice and if that fails, hanging, torture and radiation poisoning in the 'colonies' are next in line. This is the story of Offred, captured after trying to escape the regime with her husband and daughter, and sent to live with the Commander and his wife. A truly poignant story of a woman trying to survive everyday life in this repressive state, her dreams of a better future, and of the love and desire of the two men on which her future depends. A brilliant story that never fails to draw me in, I highly recommend it. Read the book too, it's brilliant! The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary classics)

Gourmet Perle Chefs Selection 12 x 85 g, Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches
Gourmet Perle Chefs Selection 12 x 85 g, Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats would buy this!, 12 July 2011
My cat has a sensitive tummy and so a lot of cheaper brands don't suit her. After she got bored of the very expensive wet food that I bought her from the vet's, I tried this and she loves it. I'd definitely recommend it!

Gourmet Perle Country Styles 12 x 85 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Gourmet Perle Country Styles 12 x 85 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats would buy this!, 12 July 2011

Tigi S-Factor Health Factor Shampoo and Conditioner Tween Duo 2 x 750ml + 25ml
Tigi S-Factor Health Factor Shampoo and Conditioner Tween Duo 2 x 750ml + 25ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, buy it, buy it!, 12 July 2011
I can't rate Tigi S-Factor Health Factor shampoo and conditioner highly enough. These products are amazing. My hairdresser recommended this duo after I kept complaining that my thick, long hair wouldn't behave and looked frizzy and unconditioned, even after trying a variety of salon brands. My hair has never been happier and always does what I want it to now! The bottles last ages - I probably get through a 750ml bottle every six months - and so they're great value for money, and smell gorgeous too. This duo really does work and I would highly recommend it.

Tigi S-Factor Serious Conditioner 150ml
Tigi S-Factor Serious Conditioner 150ml
Offered by The Hair Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing conditioner, 12 July 2011
My hairdresser recommended the Tigi S-Factor range and I've never been happier with my hair! It really does work and with thick, long hair that usually does what it wants, I was fed up with spending money on salon brands that didn't actually deliver on their promises. Tigi's Serious Conditioner is completely amazing and makes my hair behave! Apparently you can leave it in overnight for intensive conditioning but I've never needed to. It's great value for money. I would highly recommend it.

Mobilizers: 2 in 1 Dedicated In Car Windscreen Suction Mount Holder Cradle With 360 Degree Rotation + Car Charger Kit For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S / 4G / HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 July 2011
I would definitely recommend this in-car kit for the iPhone4. I was a bit wary of buying a cheaper product rather than splashing out on a dedicated kit from Apple, particularly as some of the other reviews I read prior to purchase for similar products said that although they were sold as suitable for iPhone 4, they most definitely weren't! This is a sturdy piece of kit - once the suction cup is on the window it's not going anywhere! It fits the phone snugly, although I did have to remove my phone cover, and the charger works properly too! My only criticism is that the charger cable isn't very long but it does what is says on the tin and is great value for money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2011 5:40 PM BST