Profile for T. blanchard > Reviews

Content by T. blanchard

T. blanchard (Oxfordshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Miadomodo® RTSF04 Polyrattan Corner Sofa 130 x 71 x 63 cm DIFFERENT COLOURS (Brown)
Offered by JAGO24 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item for the price, 24 Jun. 2014
I was very happy with this. It was the last item that arrived from this range that I ordered, I also ordered the two chairs (with no arm rests) and the matching table. This was the best item as far as ease of building and all the bits were there (but I knew what I was doing by the time this arrived), and I was able to position/match the chairs to the edges of this to make an extra large corner sofa. It looks great in the garden and more expensive than it is. All tools/screws etc supplied. Cushions thin and plasticky but fine for inclement weather. As per my other reviews, the feet are metal painted plastic and the rattan is also plasticky. The whole range is slightly smaller than other ranges, in height and width, but it looks good when it's all up and is perfect for the smaller terrace/patio/garden area.

Miadomodo® RTTT05 Polyrattan Coffee Table 59 x 59 cm DIFFERENT COLOURS (Brown)
Miadomodo® RTTT05 Polyrattan Coffee Table 59 x 59 cm DIFFERENT COLOURS (Brown)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 21 Jun. 2014
As per the chairs in this range, it's easy to put together with all screws/alan key provided, however on my delivery, the table top screw holes only matched the holes one side of the base but as I couldn't be bothered to return it, I just screwed the two that did match up tightly so it doesn't move (for some reason there were no screw holes where there should have been on one side of the top, which is strange and a bit disappointing) but as I knew the glass top was going to hold it down and if I screwed the two screws in that did match it would keep it in place as it's such a light weight item, I left it. It looks good once assembled and the glass top looks good. As per the others in this range, the material is plasticky rattan so probably weather resistant to a degree, the feet are silver painted plastic so not top quality, but only on close inspection. This is a good price compared to the competition. The only thing is check the sizes of this range compared to any other you're considering, as this range is alot cheaper but it's also probably smaller/lower overall, works well in a smaller terrace or patio area. This item arrived very quickly, 2 days after order....though still waiting for the corner sofa.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2014 7:40 PM BST

Miadomodo® RTSF05-1 Polyrattan Garden Sofa 59 x 68 x 63 cm DIFFERENT COLOURS (Brown)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value I've seen for this style, fairly easy to assemble, low level, includes thin cushions, 20 Jun. 2014
I bought 2 of these to match with the corner sofa section and the coffee table (those last two items yet to arrive).

The wicker itself looks weatherproof (i.e. plasticky) as it didn't mention how weather resistant it was so I think it will be fine with a standard tarpaulin cover over it in adverse weather or not in light rain. The feet look a little cheap close up but in the garden you don't notice them, metal painted plastic it looks like. The product is lightweight in quality and I can see that some of the wicker itself might unravel if mistreated but if you look after it, don't stick your finger in it or let the cat scratch at it and store it in a dry place in winter, it should last as well as any other.

It goes together fairly easily with all provided tools (alan key and spanner) and I'd say takes about 10-20 minutes to do each by yourself due to adjusting the screws and trying to match holes etc. The chair is hollow (basically made up of 4 sides) and low but as a lounger level item, its acceptable (but perhaps not if you're very tall or have trouble getting up from low level furniture).

The provided cushions are thin, plasticky covering again, which may make them more weather resistant, but you may wish to add your own covers to make it look more expensive or more cushions to make it more padded, but these are fine and can be washed easily. There were a few threads hanging from the edges of the cushions but again, overall quality is still good considering the price.

When I finally sat down on it, it was more comfortable than I expected, not super soft or squishy, but not bad. But I have to say again, that for this amazing price, and I have done my research for weeks on this, I couldn't have done better, I've got (or will get) a whole corner sofa/seats and table set up (in this cube style) for about half the price of the next cheapest item out there so I'm happy and with a few scatter cushions and a nice umbrella, it looks as good as any other...if you don't look too close. :-)

Curling Ribbon 500m - Red
Curling Ribbon 500m - Red
Offered by Ed's Party Pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, goes on and on and on, 18 July 2013
I bought this thinking it would be ok, and probably not as long as I hoped but I have used it for everything in the last few months and it seems to never end, absolutely brilliant!

James Bond 50th Anniversary Lotus Esprit, 15cm--The Spy Who Loved Me
James Bond 50th Anniversary Lotus Esprit, 15cm--The Spy Who Loved Me

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute WINNER for a 5 year old boy who is crazy about 007, 18 July 2013
My son was over the moon with this, makes sounds, plays the theme tune (which he's now learned off by heart, just the start of it though I warn you, drives us crazy), a button revs the engine then the car races off and then the break lights go on and it stops automatically and it looks super cool. It's a little lightweight (my only criticism) but my son doesn't notice, it's his favourite toy EVER!!!

Ronhill Women's Team Vest - Black/White, 12 UK
Ronhill Women's Team Vest - Black/White, 12 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for what it is, 18 July 2013
Got this at a bargain price so can't complain but it was a little thin and a little unflattering, good for basic exercise when you're not feeling fashion conscious.

Zoobles Family Vehicle
Zoobles Family Vehicle
Offered by Howleys Toy Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Larger than expected, bargain gift, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Zoobles Family Vehicle (Toy)
I bought this as a birthday gift for my daughters friend and it was much bigger and better than expected, my daughter wanted to keep it, so I know it was a success.

Zoobles Jump Rope Playset
Zoobles Jump Rope Playset
Offered by Mytoyfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, larger than expected, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Zoobles Jump Rope Playset (Toy)
Kids love all this plastic stuff and this was much bigger than expected so a really generous birthday present. One happy child - Tick!

Backyard Bunch Garden Set Yellow Bee
Backyard Bunch Garden Set Yellow Bee
Offered by PHAZE 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value gardening gift for kids, 18 July 2013
This package was much bigger and had more in it than I realised, so the recipient was very happy indeed. Much better value than anything else I've seen online of similarity.

JustForMoo Guitar Ice Cube Tray
JustForMoo Guitar Ice Cube Tray
Offered by Moobarb

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Gift for muso's that have everything, 18 July 2013
This review is from: JustForMoo Guitar Ice Cube Tray
Bought as a present and they loved it, hadn't seen it before and immediately put to good use. Most musicians I know drink like its going out of fashion so this is the perfect muso's gift!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4