Profile for Lori > Reviews

Content by Lori

Lori (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
For Clarinet Book 1 [With CD and DVD] (New Tune a Day)
For Clarinet Book 1 [With CD and DVD] (New Tune a Day)
by Ned Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to teach clarinet, 27 July 2016
Just as I remember - but with backing CD for performances. Great way to teach clarinet.

FoxHunter New 4.2Kw Portable Anti Tilt Home Butane Fire Calor Gas Cabinet Heater With Regulator 150cm Long Hose 3 Levels Adjustable Power Settings
Offered by KMS Distributions LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars can now sit and read on a cool day., 27 July 2016
Just right for my conservatory/lean to. can now sit and read on a cool day.

Parkland 50 75 100 150FT Expandable Flexible Garden Hose Pipe Aluminium Fittings with 9 FUNCTION SPRAY GUN (100FT)
Offered by Ever Rich - UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - a lot of hose for little storage space - no kinks., 27 July 2016
Having tried several hoses, I love this hose - it stores small and light - yet expanded it reaches a long way and no kinks!!!! It doesn't always seem to have enough water pressure but think I have problems with water pressure anyway. I wondered how it would work to get it through the house - its great - attach it to the tap, turn it on then pull hose along to where you want to water - it 'stretches' as it fills with water. Then turn on sprayer and it works. To contract I carry it to where I want it ( last bit of watering) - turn off the tap and water with remaining water - as it expels the hose contracts.
Only down side is the attachment screws and the plant feeder I have is not - so will need to get an adapter.

Jumblecat
Jumblecat
by Archie Kimpton

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a shame as the majority of the story is at a fast pace and very funny, I am just not entirely sure what messages ..., 1 May 2016
This review is from: Jumblecat (Paperback)
Having just read the book - whilst it was a 'page turner' there were some aspects I found a little disturbing. Perhaps it's me - the way the wife (and daughter) speak to the husband is not what I would want my children reading - even if the dad comes out 'good in the end' - is a hen pecked husband a message I want to give to children? The ending also leaves a lot to be desired - I won't say more as it would be a 'spoiler' surface to say , again is it not what I would want my children to read. It's a shame as the majority of the story is at a fast pace and very funny, I am just not entirely sure what messages the author wishes to get across to children. If buying this book for a child might be worth reading it yourself first.

Persuasion
Persuasion

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Persuasion (Kindle Edition)
My favourite Austen.

48 Hours: A City of London Thriller
48 Hours: A City of London Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Nov. 2015
Good read - this London thriller series are great.

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

Jane Austen at her best

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
Timeless classic

Fogarty: A City of London Thriller
Fogarty: A City of London Thriller

Love this series.

The Castle of Otranto
The Castle of Otranto

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Nov. 2015
A classic - what more can I say.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3