Profile for Kris > Reviews

Remington PR1250 Power Series Rotary Shaver
Offered by BestBuyUk

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent mid range shaver, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Until now I had been using the all singing all dancing Braun shaver I was fortunate to get off the Vine programme, but it's rather bulky so I thought this would be a good alternative to take away when working.

I found the charge to be quick, usability very good but most importantly, the feel on my skin was as comforting as you would expect from an electric razor. The end result was not too dissimilar to my Braun one which retails at a good £200 more than this.

My only reservations would be about effective it would be if not used daily, as I did find the shave to not be as close when I had left it for a couple of days, and also the RRP.

It strikes me as a model which will always have an inflated RRP to make it look as though you are getting a good deal. It's well worth the money around the £50 mark, especially when a manual razor with a battery can be around £20 nowadays, but I wouldn't be paying anywhere near the £100 mark.

Pharmavits 100mg Raspberry Ketones Vitamin Supplements - Pack of 60 Capsules
Pharmavits 100mg Raspberry Ketones Vitamin Supplements - Pack of 60 Capsules

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At the time of writing this, this item is £2.99 and in my opinion that's still too much. These are a fad, no one has said they work but people are snapping them up like a miracle cure. There are far simpler and safer ways to loose weight than by popping these pills.

Pinzon by Amazon Ultrasoft Cotton Duvet Set with Two Pillowcases, Double - Mineral Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I ordered this, there was no price so I expected this to be from their own low price range and thus I didn't have high expectations. That was good, considering the packaging is nothing glamourous. It fits perfectly, and feels really soft. The colour looks bland on the photos but the actual item is anything but this.

Upon seeing the price, it is somewhat more than what I used to pay in department stores but in my opinion it is well worth the money. I look forward to seeing and buying further items from this range.

Café Kiss Hazelnut Flavoured Coffee Syrup 250ml (Pack of 3)
Café Kiss Hazelnut Flavoured Coffee Syrup 250ml (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Something to be desired, 17 April 2014
I bought this as a change to my usual syrup Monin. I can't fault the taste but I did find I needed twice as much to get the same flavour therefore I will be sticking with the cost effective Monin brand.

I would still recommend when on offer or as a gift as they come in nice glass bottles.

Spry Fresh Fruit with Xylitol Chewing Gum 10 Pieces (Pack of 20)
Spry Fresh Fruit with Xylitol Chewing Gum 10 Pieces (Pack of 20)
Offered by Superfooduk

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 17 April 2014
Flavour literally went within seconds. I bought this as I thought it would be a healthier alternative to my usual gum, but it isn't something I would recommend or buy again, unless you like chewing with a strange metallic type taste in your mouth.

Disappointing.

Pinzon by Amazon Ultrasoft Cotton Fitted Sheet, Double - White
Pinzon by Amazon Ultrasoft Cotton Fitted Sheet, Double - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A sheet that feels like it cost a lot more. Fits perfectly, washes great and has a nice soft touch about it. Not too sure what the complaints about the colour are referring to as mine was diamond white (possibly the ones we received were not all destined for retail as it does state this is not always the case).

Miles better than the department store sheets I used to buy. Would strongly recommend.

Braun Silk-épil 7 Skin Spa Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator and Sonic Exfoliation Brush
Offered by MultiElectrons

4.0 out of 5 stars Undecided, 20 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm still undecided on what to make of this. When I got it my wife was impressed with the features it had, basically combining three or four of her current accessories into one, and obviously saving on time too. However, she thinks that Braun have maybe gone too far by trying to create an all in one unit because the effectiveness of hair removal was nowhere near as good as her current model which is only designed for that purpose.

The pain level was slightly higher, but this is probably to be expected when using a new epilator and something that is likely to go in time once you're accustomed to it.

At the current price it's good value for money when you're considering the amount of features available, but you need to be aware that it's probably about 80% effective at all of them so it could cause frustrations.

Other than that, highly recommended.

Extreme Tissue Engineering: Concepts and Strategies for Tissue Fabrication
Extreme Tissue Engineering: Concepts and Strategies for Tissue Fabrication
by Robert A. Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough to read!, 20 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a former medical student I was quite interested in reading this, even though my knowledge on the subject is minimal. It's surprising that there are parts which are very simple, before it jumps straight into the technical and theory and thus I didn't feel that it flowed properly. Nevertheless I was still impressed with the quality and would highly recommend it to any student of the subject.

Case Logic SnapView Folio for 8.0 inch Galaxy Tab 3 - Anthracite
Case Logic SnapView Folio for 8.0 inch Galaxy Tab 3 - Anthracite

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 20 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Case Logic quite a lot in the past and have found them to be in the middle of budget and luxury. However, this one let me down as the quality is poor and I found myself replacing the £8 case I was originally using before this one came along. I think the name has inflated the price, and while it looks and feels ok, I'd personally look at other options.

Sage Instant Accounts 2014 with Support (PC)
Sage Instant Accounts 2014 with Support (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 20 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd recommend this for individuals and small businesses although probably not suited for larger companies. The set up was a lot easier than expected, and I've used a few Sage products in the past to know that this isn't usually the case.

This didn't slow down my PC, doesn't take up a huge amount of space and the added bonus of free, albeit limited telephone support, is also a nice feature, although you would like to think that considering the outlay this service would always been provided.

Slightly dubious about costs should I need to upgrade to a newer version, although there's nothing about this as yet, but all in all a great peace of kit for a small business.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20